Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Someone should go watch these movies to see if he's doing as well as Steven Seagall who refuses to stand up in the films he makes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOig0VIb6_U

This is a very good top comment on that video

The Most Interesting Man in the World posted:

The Most Interesting Man in the World
1 year ago
It's a shame that Seagal didn't win an Oscar. If you haven't seen this film then I recommend you do, it's one of the most realistic war movies ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Skwirl posted:

The difference is Bruce Willis seems like he's at least an okay guy (at least I don't remember any lovely stories about him)

Only really lovely thing that comes immediately to mind was I think he did some awful music.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He got kicked out of a drug store for refusing to wear a mask but given that he was apparently slipping into dementia I am willing to give him a pass

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I wonder if that's why they were never able to get him on Brooklyn 99 for a cameo.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

God Bless you Steven Seagull and thank you for your service

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I can't troll for poo poo, I'm just not good at it. But if I were to try to troll seeking out Seagal videos and praising him is a niche I should have jumped on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmEx8Moy7ro

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That does raise a good question- who's the next veteran actor who's kind of a joke right now that will have a big "he's really good, actually" online reappraisal, al la Nic Cage?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nic Cage was never a joke if you believed in the heart of the cards

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/VindictiveMMA/status/1508611507403304965?t=29DfMfmhl0_sEn6QiWiGrQ&s=19

Wanna see a cop get owned

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Are any of you the kind of weirdo that refuses to have Direct Deposit set up? I have this person that has had to have five payroll checks stopped and reissued up to this point over the last three months which leaves them without their money for like two weeks, costs us probably close to $100 per (who cares about that part though), and gives me extra work (I mostly care about this part!). I got a really simple and mind blowing idea on how to avoid all of this!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

From the replies:

strong evidence, can't fake that glassy-eyed benzo stare

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I always take DD for my pay but most things going out I do myself because do you trust a cable/utility company to not gently caress up and then make you jump through hoops to fix it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Nic Cage has always been well regarded as an actor, just a lot of questionable choices in the scripts he reads.

Like gently caress, how many actors have stuff like Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Adaptation on their resume and also have functional fun action flicks like The Rock, Con Air, Gone in 60 Seconds.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My Pixel 2 is dying. It cannot hold a charge for more than a few hours, doing nothing. I think it's time to upgrade. Pixel 5a or Pixel 6? Or do I venture into the dark side and purchase an iPhone??? Please share your phone thoughts&prayers with me.

I just switched from pixels over to iPhone. I was on google fi and everything so I was deep into the google walled garden. I had been on Pixel since the first one.

Honestly no real complaints. I had been debating for awhile bc over time I’ve realized that while I like that Android as an OS gives me more customization options I honestly don’t use them that much. I’ve slowly gotten gotten to the point where I just want a thing that works without constant adjustments. What finally tipped me over the edge was Google clearly letting Google Fi die like they have with so many of their services but of course they were still taking my money for ever worse service. That plus the google rapaciousness with taking all my data and then sending me genuinely creepy notifications sometimes bothered me a lot. Oh and it seems like a dumb gimmick but the mag charger is great. Any port that has to be used over and over will become a failure point so I’m fully on board Qi charging or MagSafe charging.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

T-Square posted:

Are any of you the kind of weirdo that refuses to have Direct Deposit set up? I have this person that has had to have five payroll checks stopped and reissued up to this point over the last three months which leaves them without their money for like two weeks, costs us probably close to $100 per (who cares about that part though), and gives me extra work (I mostly care about this part!). I got a really simple and mind blowing idea on how to avoid all of this!

Maybe it's some don't trust the banks person who cashes the checks and then buys gold

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Or they've hosed up a bank account somehow and are on the list preventing being able to open one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BigPaddy posted:

I always take DD for my pay but most things going out I do myself because do you trust a cable/utility company to not gently caress up and then make you jump through hoops to fix it?

I try and always set up auto payments, because a company might gently caress up but if I have to remember to do it every month I know I will gently caress up within a year and then have to spend an hour on the phone getting internet again, except I also forgot my phone bill so I have to go to the t-mobile store to pay my bill because my internet is gone so I can't pay online.

Yes, this happened to me twice in my twenties. I also had to go to the bank one of those times because I had nothing in my bank account and $2000 in cash tips I hadn't deposited sitting in my dresser drawer.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
rollercoaster of a tweet

https://twitter.com/NathanBacaTV/status/1509575371154460679

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You know that little trope about every accusation being an admission when it comes to homophobia, pedophilia, corruption and poo poo like that is a bit trite

But man, this one's wild

https://twitter.com/JordanOnRecord/status/1509574869582860289

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

General Dog posted:

That does raise a good question- who's the next veteran actor who's kind of a joke right now that will have a big "he's really good, actually" online reappraisal, al la Nic Cage?

It happened to Matthew Mcconaughy, kinda.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's a lot younger but Robert Pattinson's come a long way since sexy vampire boy yeah?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

literally just saw this and came to post my own :wtf: about it

Pron on VHS posted:

I respect the hell out of his career arc. Made his money making whatever bullshit he could get paid for and now just does stuff he wants

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Future Governor of Texas Matthew McConaughey

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

General Dog posted:

I was extremely down on Adam Driver based on the bad star wars movies but have totally reversed on him. He's great. Not really a "veteran actor" yet maybe?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I ride or die for Nic Cage, so I'm hyped for this movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2YHPZMj8r4

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
She had broken into multiple abortion clinics so I assume the fetuses we're stolen and not homemade.

Nov 6, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

gently caress you he was always great

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

I ride or die for Nic Cage, so I'm hyped for this movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2YHPZMj8r4

oh yes oh yes

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

She had broken into multiple abortion clinics so I assume the fetuses we're stolen and not homemade.

is…is that better?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnDiesattheEn/status/1492222118033084421

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Well I watched Moon Knight and yeah it looks like something I'm actually going to want to watch

Isaac is just effortlessly charismatic

So loving good isn’t he?

Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke is an insane lineup for a TV SHOW

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Reminder that Steven Seagal challenged Gene LeBell who choked him out and made him poo poo his pants.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Dango Bango posted:

Reminder that Steven Seagal challenged Gene LeBell who choked him out and made him poo poo his pants.

Took awhile to find this one so I had the other tweet chambered and ready to go

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This is my favorite Steven Seagal thing:

(from The Glimmer Man)
According to Keenen Ivory Wayans, one time during production, after waiting for a long time for Steven Seagal to finally show up on the set (he was known for not caring for the time when filming was to start, and would always show up very late), Seagal appeared with some script and said how it was the greatest script he ever read in his entire life. When Wayans asked him who wrote it, Seagal responded by saying; "I did."

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Inside Llewyn Davis is one of my favorite movies ever and a large part of that is due to Oscar Isaac, surely.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seagal is such a massive piece of poo poo, but he lives his life like such a complete parody I can't even begin to hate him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Dollop is currently doing a two parter on Seagal so I'm assuming his name came up for this reason

Nov 6, 2002

Same energy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOOh2J1b3lQ

Spoeank posted:

This is my favorite Steven Seagal thing:

(from The Glimmer Man)
According to Keenen Ivory Wayans, one time during production, after waiting for a long time for Steven Seagal to finally show up on the set (he was known for not caring for the time when filming was to start, and would always show up very late), Seagal appeared with some script and said how it was the greatest script he ever read in his entire life. When Wayans asked him who wrote it, Seagal responded by saying; "I did."

The Trump/Seagal venn diagram is nearly a perfect circle.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seagal came up because when I think about acting in any ol' lovely action movie being shot in Romania like Bruce was doing, I think of Seagal and Nic Cage, and we all know why Cage does it, so I compared his work to Seagal because I laugh whenever I think of fat ol' Seagal playing a special forces commando who never stands up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IIRC Seagal has a clause in his contracts that he can never look like he might be at risk of losing a fight which is just the funniest most insecure poo poo imaginable

He also called Chuck Norris a hack which is also funny because Chuck was a legit competitive world class martial artist