Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Tensokuu posted:

Started working on the Polaris Lance catalyst last night then remembered that Perfect Fifth kills only count if you kill them with the burn and not the explosion. Realized this after I had been at it for about 15 minutes and only had 1 single kill. Said gently caress it and moved on with my day.
Yeah the Polaris Lance catalyst is horribly obnoxious. If you like the gun, just use it normally and it will eventually unlock. Grinding the catalyst will make you hate the gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I like Polaris Lance but am trying to think of a situation this season where I’d want to use it over Arbalest. Solar-only lost sectors?

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Re: exotic talk, I agree the worst ones are “does more damage”, but there are more fun ways to achieve the same thing. Exotics should change play style or just make it feel really good to push a button. Like make me go from “nice” to “gently caress yeah” when you activate your well on a warlock or something. The refreshing of grenades for arc hunter come to mind, too. Even Rig, which is “do more damage” feels cool because you interact with it via a third shot and is game changing for solo content.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

poor life choice posted:

I like Polaris Lance but am trying to think of a situation this season where I’d want to use it over Arbalest. Solar-only lost sectors?

Are there are any Solar Burn nightfalls with Barrier Champs this season? It slays against red bars due to the exotic buff and lets you handle Champs at a range, too

But man it's hard to care about anything anti Barrier or Exotic besides Arbalest when it's Nightfall time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ort posted:

Re: exotic talk, I agree the worst ones are “does more damage”, but there are more fun ways to achieve the same thing. Exotics should change play style or just make it feel really good to push a button. Like make me go from “nice” to “gently caress yeah” when you activate your well on a warlock or something. The refreshing of grenades for arc hunter come to mind, too. Even Rig, which is “do more damage” feels cool because you interact with it via a third shot and is game changing for solo content.

I really liked One-Eyed Mask's loop. Every so often, effectively at random, you are given a target. Kill that one specifically and you get buffed for a short time. Fun in PVE, totally broken in crucible

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are there are any Solar Burn nightfalls with Barrier Champs this season? It slays against red bars due to the exotic buff and lets you handle Champs at a range, too

But man it's hard to care about anything anti Barrier or Exotic besides Arbalest when it's Nightfall time

Only one I can think of right now is Fallen SABER with the barrier servitors and solar shanks. I think Lightblade has barrier knights and solar witches?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Only one I can think of right now is Fallen SABER with the barrier servitors and solar shanks. I think Lightblade has barrier knights and solar witches?

Err I meant, the Solar "Burn" modifier where our Solar damage is +25%. Looks like Arms Dealer is the only one with Solar Burn this season, and also has Barrier Champs!

Then 3 Arc Burn strikes and 2 Void!!

Man, the Nightfalls this season are going to be pretty tough GMs :chanpop: Birthplace of the Vile on Master was SURPRISINGLY chill & easy though

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

since I switched to warlock fulltime, I basically haven’t used anything but ophidian aspect because changing to more specific exotics would require loving with armor mods to fix my stats every time. you also can’t put universal ornaments on exotic armor which means changing your exotic armor piece has Barbie Complications

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

since I switched to warlock fulltime, I basically haven’t used anything but ophidian aspect because changing to more specific exotics would require loving with armor mods to fix my stats every time. you also can’t put universal ornaments on exotic armor which means changing your exotic armor piece has Barbie Complications

It's so hard to choose just one exotic this season, let alone to choose one class!!! I'm loving all 12 subclasses this season and it's eating up alllll my vault space

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1509582378833829889?s=20&t=Ms-pA4Cfe-H2yvLA81Q7VA

Listen fuckres, if you don't vote TEAMMECHS I'm going to find where you live and come hang out with you until you change your mind

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Birthplace of the Vile on Master was SURPRISINGLY chill & easy though

Even that one idiot who went in with dumb guns and 1560 power was able to contribute and not require a revive every 2 seconds.

I was legit thrown for a loop trying to come up with overload and unstoppable weapons without running double primary. I eventually said gently caress it and used arbalest.. it was fine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Inferno whip works pretty well on unstoppable cabals but probably not so well on ogres for most classes

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Listen fuckres, if you don't vote TEAMMECHS I'm going to find where you live and come hang out with you until you change your mind

That titan monster outfit is badass though. I know it's supposed to be a cyclops but I'm getting big doomguy feels out of it.

The mech set is pure power ranger though which is pretty neat.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Only weebs and screebs vote mech, and you don't look much like a screeb to me

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

I kind of like how the mech colours exactly match the factions in Planetside.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm not voting for monster, I'm voting for godzilla cloak

edit: also energy claws

vvvv a unique breathing idle animation would be so dope

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 31, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Give Hunters atomic breath if wearing the set.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
Both warlock sets are kinda meh unfortunately.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

The mech set is pure power ranger though which is pretty neat.

Titan and hunter are gundams :goonsay: Less sure about warlock, could be one of the weirder gundam shows I didn't watch

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Titan and hunter are gundams :goonsay: Less sure about warlock, could be one of the weirder gundam shows I didn't watch

Don't the Power Rangers transform into gundams in like every single episode?!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't the Power Rangers transform into gundams in like every single episode?!

technically, it's more like voltron

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ohhyeah posted:

warlock are kinda meh unfortunately.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ohhyeah posted:

Business as usual for Destiny 2.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Bust Rodd posted:

I never played Destiny 1, I played Destiny 2 at Launch, and every day for like 2 years afterwards, and I think Destiny 2, and players who joined the franchise there, could understandably feel differently. Over the lifespan of Destiny 2 we’ve seen such an outrageous expansion of our kit that many older fans feel like the guns are overshadowed now, but as a D2 player I always felt like the magic space powers were LITERALLY why I wanted to play this game in the first place, and it was the space wizard fantasy that kept me engaged with the game long enough to become a gun nerd within it. As the sandbox evolved over time, the game moved towards higher and higher power levels, so for the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Destiny players (meaning people who started playing after Destiny 2) I think powers are equally important to the guns in terms of why we play the game.

xzzy posted:

The only time Destiny has been 100% about the guns was the D2 launch year and we all agree that was the low point of the whole franchise (and if you disagree you're WRONG).

You all seem to have completely different ideas of what D2 was designed and sold as(Bungie too probably) so ultimately I guess its a pointless debate in a sandbox game and like every single one of these types of games youll have different sections of people who like different aspects of the game pissing and moaning at devs for whatever transgression they perceive as having been made against whatever they believe its fundamental design philosophy should be or has been. We do this dance ad nauseum and the op will be miserable until it tunes the other way and then rinse and repeat for another 2 years I guess.

I still do not understand how anyone could think the game is leaning away from magic with the 3.0 system though, especially given crafting as a comparison.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 31, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hiddenriverninja posted:

technically, it's more like voltron

oooo Touche! The Power Rangers didn't have individual mecha suits or whatever, did they? They just hopped into a giant Foot or Farm or Head or whatever and they became the one Voltron?

AccountSupervisor posted:

You all seem to have completely different ideas of what D2 was designed and sold as(Bungie too probably) so ultimately I guess its a pointless debate in a sandbox game and like every single one of these types of games youll have different sections of people who like different aspects of the game pissing and moaning at devs for whatever transgression they perceive as having been made against whatever they believe its fundamental design philosophy should be or has been.

Yeah Destiny is such a diverse game of varying activities, playstyles, and levels of Try Hard. It's hard to balance for everyone or even make content for everyone. My favorite thing is always reading people's ideas of how to "Fix" certain things, especially Gambit, because you'll get extremely vocal sects calling for

- More invasions, more time on the invasion clock, let the portals be open always but you only get N of them, etc etc etc
- Remove invasions entirely! Give the invasion no wallhacks and no overshield! Let the adds kill the invader!
- I want to be able to destroy the primeval as soon as it spawns
- I want the primeval fight to be the majority of the activity
- I want mote deposit to be 250+
- gently caress the mote aspect entirely just make it so I have to clear the adds!!!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
-delete gambit and rotate in seasonal activities like menagerie, override and sundial

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

-delete gambit and rotate in seasonal activities like menagerie, override and sundial

"Due to system limitations, we can no longer rotate in the locations for seasonal events from deprecated expansions. Therefore, all future legacy seasonal activities will be Seraph Towers."

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1509582378833829889?s=20&t=Ms-pA4Cfe-H2yvLA81Q7VA

You couldn't have stopped me from voting Team Monsters last time and you cannot stop me from doing so again

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

ohhyeah posted:

Pretty much how it's been for a while. The only Warlock glam I've unlocked this far is the new blue "Inspector" set.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t give warlocks the good drip since they get all the good skills and powers

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t give warlocks the good drip since they get all the good skills and powers

Slowly floating into a bottomless pit isn't a skill or a power.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

You couldn't have stopped me from voting Team Monsters last time and you cannot stop me from doing so again

I'll be there in twenty minutes, New Best Friend :getin:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

they BOTH suck!!!!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

xzzy posted:

Slowly floating into a bottomless pit isn't a skill or a power.

Oh my god Rhulk is a warlock

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I'm voting Team Mech just because Monsters still has that hideous Cyclops set for Titans. Same reason I voted Dinosaur last year, I'd rather have a sick Gundam armor set than that awful Cyclops :colbert:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

T1g4h posted:

I'm voting Team Mech just because Monsters still has that hideous Cyclops set for Titans. Same reason I voted Dinosaur last year, I'd rather have a sick Gundam armor set than that awful Cyclops :colbert:

what's it like being wrong

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I would have happily voted for team Mech if Warlocks got an EVA-esque armour.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

frajaq posted:

they BOTH suck!!!!

YOU suck and you're not invited to the BBQ at Kith's house

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Coldforge posted:

Oh my god Rhulk is a warlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So the Monsters set lost the vote 81% to 19% last year, and so this time they're.... the same, for Warlock and Titan? And the Hunter just gets the Dinosaur set again with a different Shader pre-applied?

I feel like Bungie doesn't want Monsters to win