Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

c-can i at least play far enough to recruit and support my favorite characters

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

you may

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
i think the school battle is lame because it takes forever in the anime, and they mostly ignore the rules to do one on one battles, which is disappointing. there's no strategy elements to go off of like in the hunter exam of hxh for example

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this is why i dropped the anime 4 eps in

i just remember liking todo and mechamaru

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It’s morning. Good, morning

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Namtab posted:

Hope you slept well knowing a goon was tragically banned after you stopped protecting them.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Just ate 30$ of taco bell

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

verbal enema posted:

:rip:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Thats, a lot of Taco Bell

Farewell to you

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

verbal enema posted:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

marumaru posted:

so is this what tiktok is like :stare: it's like i'm watching ADHD

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7078674951892438298
It's nothing worse than modern MTV music videos - when they show any, that is.

I do appreciate the sponsor block bit at the end, though. :v:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kild posted:

Hope you slept well knowing a goon was tragically banned after you stopped protecting them.

It’s proof of why stating on my good side is essential in this space

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2te-yLUaiO8

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:rip:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
.hack is epic and because of it I'm gonna watch some sort of version of Waiting for Godot

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We've lost another

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
japan's starting up its april fool's poo poo now, right?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

.hack is epic and because of it I'm gonna watch some sort of version of Waiting for Godot

Waiting for a new .hack game...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

Good luck, gamer

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

sign is a good anime. lets set our show in a fantasy mmorpg where anything can happen and then have all of our characters stand around and talk the whole time lol. and it rules

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
it's just weird how SIGN kind of works in spite of itself.

The franchise as a whole is a big mess though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mycophobia posted:

sign is a good anime. lets set our show in a fantasy mmorpg where anything can happen and then have all of our characters stand around and talk the whole time lol. and it rules

it's the rare show that takes place in a mmo where I fully believe someone writing it has played one

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sign rules. liminality rules because it's the counterpart to sign with The World being hosed up causing problems irl and this is mostly handled with all the urgency of sign. imoq games are cool in between the parts where they are tedious. gu is mostly just okay but still has a few pieces of that good brain juice left.

everything afterwards didn't seem good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mokinokaro posted:

it's just weird how SIGN kind of works in spite of itself.

The franchise as a whole is a big mess though.

it works cause its director is a master, of making shows with premises that sound really exciting and are then mostly about people standing around talking about depression and making weird jokes and then end with two women hooking up while one single music track plays the whole time across all of uninterrupted even when transitioning between scenes

it's really funny that he's also the guy who directed dirty pair project eden cause that has the most action of like. anything he has ever directed. ever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i also refuse to believe that sign isn't a bit aware of itself when it has a scene where an office worker in his thirties is staring down an 11 year old on top of a church and dramatically saying "the level cap for equipment is 99. beyond that... it's all about skill."

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

it works cause its director is a master, of making shows with premises that sound really exciting and are then mostly about people standing around talking about depression and making weird jokes and then end with two women hooking up while one single music track plays the whole time across all of uninterrupted even when transitioning between scenes

it's really funny that he's also the guy who directed dirty pair project eden cause that has the most action of like. anything he has ever directed. ever

i need to check out some of this guys other stuff

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Colonel posted:

i could tell this was talking about noir and el cazador even before looking it up

requiem for the phantom being part of it all i didn't know but makes a lot of sense

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

mycophobia posted:

i need to check out some of this guys other stuff

el cazador de la bruja's pretty fun outside of the early eps having a couple bad jokes. in a different way from the bad jokes in the later parts of the series that feel on purpose and are more based in how weird the cast are

tylor's a bit slow but it's got some fun episodes and it's really incredible seeing it hit the last episode and suddenly ahve the animation go from looking just okay to looking stunningly gorgeous

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think the only mashimo shows ive watched are sign and hyouge mono, both favorites so i should probably try others. i know im way overdue to watch tylor

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TheOASG/status/1509580178950869002?s=20&t=rOax8J4WWZZXqkLOH0jQvw

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Colonel posted:

tylor's a bit slow but it's got some fun episodes and it's really incredible seeing it hit the last episode and suddenly ahve the animation go from looking just okay to looking stunningly gorgeous

I always forget he did Tylor.

Tylor's a lot of fun though it's a bit of a shame the entire story ends in novels that were never officially translated. The show works okay standalone until the OVA.

And the weird "sequel" series from a few years back was just awful.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Mokinokaro posted:

I always forget he did Tylor.

Tylor's a lot of fun though it's a bit of a shame the entire story ends in novels that were never officially translated. The show works okay standalone until the OVA.

And the weird "sequel" series from a few years back was just awful.

Just Lucky Tylor? Pretty fun show. Commissar Cain vibes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

His name is Justy Ueki Tylor which yeah is a pun on Just Lucky Tylor.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Mokinokaro posted:

His name is Justy Ueki Tylor which yeah is a pun on Just Lucky Tylor.

I also thought that was literally the English localized title for the show for the longest time but googling now I'm not sure where I got that from. :aaa:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's a shame .hack//LINK might be the actual worst playing game that CC2 have ever done

well anyway

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Anime

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is it meltdown may already?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

it is apeshit april

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010