Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

IIRC Seagal has a clause in his contracts that he can never look like he might be at risk of losing a fight which is just the funniest most insecure poo poo imaginable

Even in the parody stuff he did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMByDfFMPcE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Leperflesh posted:

I was extremely down on Adam Driver based on the bad star wars movies but have totally reversed on him. He's great. Not really a "veteran actor" yet maybe?

I think Driver has enjoyed an extremely high approval rating for basically his entire career, even going back to his early roles in Tiny Furniture and Girls.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

General Dog posted:

I think Driver has enjoyed an extremely high approval rating for basically his entire career, even going back to his early roles in Tiny Furniture and Girls.

Yeah dude's just got Charisma off the charts, chicks dig him and he's got tons of credit for being an actual real life badass dude in the military, so he covers the spectrum.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

IIRC Seagal has a clause in his contracts that he can never look like he might be at risk of losing a fight which is just the funniest most insecure poo poo imaginable

He also called Chuck Norris a hack which is also funny because Chuck was a legit competitive world class martial artist

The most memorable Chuck Norris fight is when he gets brutally owned by Bruce Lee in Way of the Dragon. Chuck Norris today sucks but that's still probably one of the most iconic fight scenes of all time.

edit: Bruce Lee had to bribe Roman officials to film in the Coliseum because it was illegal otherwise.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Will there be one more Travolta renaissance before he dies, or will he just continue to circle the direct-to-Redbox drain?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

The Dollop is currently doing a two parter on Seagal so I'm assuming his name came up for this reason

Oh nice thanks for pointing this out. I loved the old Behind the Bastards episodes about Seagal.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

General Dog posted:

Will there be one more Travolta renaissance before he dies, or will he just continue to circle the direct-to-Redbox drain?

I think you know the answer to that one.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

You can definitely tell that this is a white guy recording, but still gets a good :lol: out of me.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mr. Nice! posted:

You can definitely tell that this is a white guy recording, but still gets a good :lol: out of me.

https://twitter.com/treegod_/status/1509339818291081218

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think this is one of those cases of "using your white privilege for good" so I'm all for it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

He's a lot younger but Robert Pattinson's come a long way since sexy vampire boy yeah?
Joseph Gordon Levitt went from "Child actor" to "Respected actor" which is a hard needle to thread.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

I had so many female friends that were hella thirsty for Adam Driver when Girls was first airing.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CannonFodder posted:

Joseph Gordon Levitt went from "Child actor" to "Respected actor" which is a hard needle to thread.

yet still an easier needle to thread than 'complete unknown actor' to 'respected actor'

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My opinion of Robert Pattison improved significantly after watching him with Willem Dafoe in The Lighthouse.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Play posted:

yet still an easier needle to thread than 'complete unknown actor' to 'respected actor'

*puts on pedant nametag*

every respected actor was once completely unknown

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Every time the conversation moves to Steven Seagal I'm obligated to post the vid of my friend Dan singing about him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GofxvPXhw_g

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Intruder posted:

*puts on pedant nametag*

every respected actor was once completely unknown

really makes you think. perhaps life is best understood as a series of needles where each is slightly smaller and more difficult to thread than the last

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1509559084273524739

ouch

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1509648367135121409?s=21&t=noHMn7Rg1cNPBz1M_VJ6gg

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

What did you to disgust her

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The actor who played Beansie on Sopranos just died :(

Do you guys remember when HBO had sopranos, deadwood and Rome going on at the same time. Greatest lineup ever, even better than those ABC TGIF Family Matters/Full House/Step by Step/ lineups

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I remember.

I rewatched Rome a few months back. Quality content.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

Mysterious Skin kinda bridged the gap there

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pron on VHS posted:

The actor who played Beansie on Sopranos just died :(

Do you guys remember when HBO had sopranos, deadwood and Rome going on at the same time. Greatest lineup ever, even better than those ABC TGIF Family Matters/Full House/Step by Step/ lineups

All those shows and you left off The Wire. Although this was when I wasn’t watching any HBO because I was either in college or just graduated. I didn’t have money for HBO.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

General Dog posted:

That does raise a good question- who's the next veteran actor who's kind of a joke right now that will have a big "he's really good, actually" online reappraisal, al la Nic Cage?

It's Ryan Reynolds in a landslide.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

General Dog posted:

That does raise a good question- who's the next veteran actor who's kind of a joke right now that will have a big "he's really good, actually" online reappraisal, al la Nic Cage?

Jared Leto is doing the opposite.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CDT!

https://discord.gg/MSpcMeeg

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God dammit tornado warnings, stay the gently caress away, I don't want to have to drag my sleeping kids into the basement

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Nothing but respect for my racist sundowning governor

https://twitter.com/WillFiteForYou/status/1508476213953810441

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ThatsSoVillage/status/1509459094159118342?t=iYW-_BjDHZyRG7i3Go3ySg&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
From the TFF Jackbox Discord:

Ran out of hot dog buns...

...So I became ungovernable.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Android Apocalypse posted:

Not seeing ketchup so not seeing a problem

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Reminder to be careful on the internet for the next 24 hours or so. Haven't seen anything yet but this is the dumbest holiday.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Reminder to be careful on the internet for the next 24 hours or so. Haven't seen anything yet but this is the dumbest holiday.

I legit forgot

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Hot Diggity! posted:

Not seeing ketchup so not seeing a problem

I hid the ketchup tastefully with the mustard & mayonnaise*.

Upon further reflection, I forgot the relish/pickles but I don't have either at the moment anyway.

*vegan, and yes that's a vegan hot dog. With vegan cheese. On a keto hamburger bun.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

So is this the first impression you made on your new roommate?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've known this roommate for about 5 years so they know about my… appetites.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Grittybeard posted:

Stick this in your back pocket for later

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
It seems unfair that we had to go straight from Awards Night Twitter to a week of Thing that Happened at Awards Night Twitter with no break before Worst Day of the Year on Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Intruder posted:

He also called Chuck Norris a hack which is also funny because Chuck was a legit competitive world class martial artist

the funnier variant of this was Triple H apparently having a clause in his contract that he never could look like he was losing in any coverage of WWE video games. So they couldn't show the HHH character in the video game being on the wrong side of a steel chair or taking a finishing move or anything :psyduck:

MrLogan posted:

It's Ryan Reynolds in a landslide.

I can absolutely see this happening