Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not trusting my GF after she spoke on Teams with her coworker?

quote:

Our relationship started like this. We were both in long distance relationships, met at work, started chatting on Teams then it evolved. In the end we both left our partners to be together. So what's to say she won't do the same thing in some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DemoneeHo posted:

Somehow the space-time continuum has warped, and we can see this couple's future:

AITA for causing my sister in laws divorce with my brother?

quote:

I’m actually fuming right now but I want to make sure I’m not the rear end in a top hat if u end up retaliating.
The things people can think they might have been an rear end in a top hat for, good lord.

An entire god drat world of assholes and doormats.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

:perfect:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Neighbors! I think it's going to be hot enough to swim in unheated pools this weekend. 90 degrees during the day doesn't necessarily help with ground temps.

ESH - He's an rear end in a top hat for saying "I can survive the wild" and she's an rear end in a top hat for not understanding that means stealing sometimes

she's right that you need to acclimatize to the weather, but the right thing to do is share water if at all possible. It's hard for people from the East Coast to understand what it means to actually acclimatize themselves.

What's wrong with you? He got a lot of water from her and he was a douche about it. He can go steal piss from wildlife and not touch her things.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Halloween Jack posted:

All gender reveal parties should be held in active volcanoes

They should be held on one's 18th birthday at the earliest.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for making my MIL "depressed" because I made my husband do chores?

wow ive been doing depression all wrong

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for implying my brother should cancel his proposal to his fiancée because she's ungrateful?

quote:

My (31f) dear brother (26m) decided to propose to his gf few weeks ago. We went ring shopping together and he picked a ring he thought she'd like. After all, we picked a classic piece and you can never go wrong with a classic piece.

He proposed and all was well. That was until I saw them again two days ago after their proposal and I noticed my brother's fiancée has a different ring than the one we picked. I of course asked and she shamelessly admitted that she didn't like the og ring so they went and changed it for another one she liked better.

I told her that's a really weird thing of her to do and that she should be happy and grateful. After all the ring was a classic so it could fit anyone's style. She said that she had previously sent pics of what styles of rings she likes to my brother and she's not into the classic pieces anyway and she was disappointed how my brother ignored her own taste and opinion and got something she was clear from the start she wouldn't like. And that they after all agreed to go change the ring.

I asked for the price of the new ring and apparently it was the same price as the og one. But I doubt that. The ring looked way more expensive. And it was not even a classic diamond like the first one but instead a huge emerald stone which would not fit in many occasions.

I told my brother that if I were him I'd call off the engagement and have a serious talk with my partner because what his fiancée did is unacceptable behavior. My brother said I'm being rude and how I should kind my business because he is fine with his fiancée's choice of changing the ring. He also said he's the one at fault for getting the other ring so I better stop acting like an AH. I insisted that this is very rude and ungrateful for someone to do and that she should be happy she at least got a proposal and a ring. My brother and his fiancée both got mad at me and now think I'm an AH for implying such thing. AITA?

But if they break up, you won't be able to insert yourself into more aspects of their life together :ohdear:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I (23F) think that I discovered that my boyfriend’s (22M) father isn’t his real dad. Should I mention it?

quote:

So I was super into genealogy and creating family trees around two years ago. I got myself, my mom, and my brother some 23&me tests. My mom and I took one, but my brother wasn’t interested. So I ended up gifting it to my boyfriend.

He wasn’t really into it, but he gave me blanket permission to do whatever I needed to do for it to work. So I sent the tube off, made him an account, etc.

We both periodically check our accounts together to see new matches and check health reports.

Anyway, his cousin (his Father’s sisters son) recently came over and his cousin started talking about how he took a DNA test and discovered that the man who raised him wasn’t his father.

His mother was having an affair with his “father’s” brother and that’s who his real biological father was.

He and his siblings all discovered this on 23&me. The children of ‘his uncle’ knew already and waited for their parents to pass before they said anything.

This set off alarm bells in my head because if this cousin and his siblings were all on 23&me shouldn’t they have matched with my boyfriend?

So I was like, “Hey, do you guys have new matches turned on, because I don’t think we saw you guys when we activated his 23&me?”

He confirmed that he did have new matches turned on, and then quickly changed the subject and gave me a odd look.

So later on after he left, I asked my boyfriend if I could log onto his account (which isn’t odd, I check it all the time) and check things out. I looked through his relative list and sure enough the cousin was there.

With only 0.01% being related. Name and picture matched.

First cousins share around 12.5% of DNA. Even if his Father’s mother (his paternal grandmother) cheated on her husband and had an unknowingly bastard child, the cousin’s would still be 3-6% related through his father’s side.

My boyfriend is the 2nd of 4 children.

Not really sue how to handle this. This is not my circus and monkeys. Not my family. My boyfriend would not be able to figure this genealogy stuff out on his own so…..?

Also, yes I know IVF or sperm banks exist but based on comments between him, his mother, and father, I don’t think they utilized that but like I said I’m not them

TL;DR: I discovered that my partner’s DNA test shows questionable paternity results, should I say anything?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

WrenP-Complete posted:

Neighbors! I think it's going to be hot enough to swim in unheated pools this weekend. 90 degrees during the day doesn't necessarily help with ground temps.

ESH - He's an rear end in a top hat for saying "I can survive the wild" and she's an rear end in a top hat for not understanding that means stealing sometimes

she's right that you need to acclimatize to the weather, but the right thing to do is share water if at all possible. It's hard for people from the East Coast to understand what it means to actually acclimatize themselves.

What the gently caress is this take? He's using her as a pack mule to lug his water up a mountain, she should tell him to gently caress right off and get out of that relationship.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

:discourse:

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not trusting my GF after she spoke on Teams with her coworker?

quote:

She has been telling me recently that she feels like I am not supporting her in her move

quote:

(I am feeling a lot of pressure because she is moving because of me and am a bit distant emotionally)

The rest of it is pretty wild too, but this... this is a masterpiece.

"Reddit, why does my girlfriend feel unsupported while I am upending her life and offering no support?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Molten Llama posted:

The rest of it is pretty wild too, but this... this is a masterpiece.

"Reddit, why does my girlfriend feel unsupported while I am upending her life and offering no support?"

"This is all on me... time to withdraw!"

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I (23F) think that I discovered that my boyfriend’s (22M) father isn’t his real dad. Should I mention it?

I still don't understand the point of DNA testing beyond checking for familial markers for disease. There's almost no value in learning this information now. Maybe he'll come across this himself at a later date but just let the guy live his life believing the man who raised him was his dad.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I thought this was gonna be a repost but no, it's different lunch packing drama:

AITA for threatening to no longer pack my husband's lunches?

quote:

My (f26) husband (m26) works long days. Pretty much 7AM-6PM, sometimes even later. (He is a utility locator, if that's helpful. And spring-summer is the busiest time.)

He sets his alarm for 5:30 AM. Every morning. Even on weekends because he is fearful of it not working when it needs to. No matter how many times I try to explain that you can set a schedule for it.

We don't actually get up right when the alarm goes off, we generally push snooze until it's 6 or 6:30. His workday starts whenever he gets in his company vehicle and drives to a ticket.

Why he sets it for 5:30 is a mystery. I am not a morning person, and he is the one who presses snooze.

I repeat, I am not a morning person. And lately, I have been having trouble sleeping. Yet my husband insists that I get up with him so I can make his work lunch. Well, today, I had a particularly hard time getting up. And while getting up, I was in a fog. So I moved slower than normal. I had decided to give him leftover pasta salad and make him a sandwich to go with it. Whilst I was in the kitchen, he recieved 3 emergency calls. Which meant he had to leave before I could finish packing his lunch. I hadn't even pulled out the salad yet due to having trouble finding any deli meat for his sandwich. He began rushing me and telling me "This is why I pester you to get up. Did you even start on my lunch?" I said "I was trying find-" but he cut me off. "I guess no lunch for me then." He snapped while pouring himself coffee in a travel mug. I shushed him, which I guess was the wrong thing to do. He started ranting at me about how it's always so difficult to get me up. I snapped and said "Well maybe you should be a man and pack your own lunch from now on! That's what family member who has the same job does!" Husband snaps back "Well, I'm not him and you're not his wife!"

I said "Glad that's clear, either way, expect me not get up at all next week and pack your own lunch from now on."

In the midst of all this, I had packed him a container of the salad and a fork. At least it was something. He stormed out as soon as I had zipped his lunchbox for him.

I know a lot of this was said in frustration, but I admit I do envy the family members who are in the same positions as us. The wife and I are both stay at home moms with toddlers, yet she's not expected to always pack her husband's lunch. He just grabs whatever's in the fridge or preps it at night so he can grab and go the next morning. I tried doing that for my husband and he complained about it not being fresh. I should point out the family member is in his late 30s, so I guess it's a matter of maturity.

But I feel the need of outsider's opinions. Am I the a-hole here?

quote:

The wife and I are both stay at home moms with toddlers

Some with larger toddlers than others

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

IOwnCalculus posted:

"24oz bottle of water" is the "I got airlifted off of Camelback" starter pack.

This is quite confusing if you read Camelback as Camelbak, the water bladder brand.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

And actual content:

AITA for making my boyfriend feel uncomfortable after he insisted on joining us on girls night in?
Everytime I tried to say no he be like "I have to join or you'll have to cancel".

YTA for not dumping him the first time those words left his mouth.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for implying my brother should cancel his proposal to his fiancée because she's ungrateful?

she should be happy she at least got a proposal and a ring.

Doesn't this horrid creature understand how blessed she is that my brother was willing to drop his standards enough to begrudgingly be with her? What an ungrateful bitch.

Like just, god drat. The idea that her brother loves this woman and actually wants to marry her is just beyond the pale for the OP..

I want to know if she is married and what that looks like.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I believe she wants to gently caress her brother.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

run on sentience posted:

I believe she wants to gently caress her brother.

Ahem, dear brother.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

teen witch posted:

AITA for not wanting my friend to post photos with me under misleading captions?

I'll never understand how it's so hard for people to respect boundaries & not make others, especially friends or family, uncomfortable. Personally I'd stop taking pictures together at all if they can't take the hint.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

limp_cheese posted:

Doesn't this horrid creature understand how blessed she is that my brother was willing to drop his standards enough to begrudgingly be with her? What an ungrateful bitch.

Like just, god drat. The idea that her brother loves this woman and actually wants to marry her is just beyond the pale for the OP..

I want to know if she is married and what that looks like.

This definitely reads like some brocon fetish anime plot.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
AITA for telling my BF he should learn how to wipe his rear end

quote:

Hello , on phone My(29F) Bf(32m) always has to take a shower after a bad poo poo to "get the rest of it", I find it gross, but I dont normally mind it much cause he has a strict only go at home rule, but he doesn't mind family or friends places. He is actually proud of how gross his shits are, he boasts about how big they are, how smelly, and every time he has one he tells me and expects a "wow" or a "good job" after the shower.

We were out visiting his family the other day, we had a lovely dinner and stayed for a bit to chat after. Its our first formal dinner with his family, we've met eachother before but this was a Family Dinner with cousins included. Bf went to the washroom and 20min later texted me asking to grab a towel out of his brother's closet because he pooed and was going to take a shower.

I was embarrassed about having to ask his family for a towel and as I was passing him it I said "it might be best to learn how to wipe your own rear end, we can't hose you down every time" he quickly shot back that women don't understand because we don't have hair, I replied everyone has hair in their butts, its a human trait. He didn't like that and said i was implying that he was dirty. He was quiet for the rest of the evening and the car ride home.

lmao he wants a "wow" or "good job" for a dookie

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

r/relationships: wipe your own rear end, we can't hose you down every time

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

In what world could having pink hair ever be considered 'disrespectful' to anyone :psyduck: Like yeah I know it obviously isn't and they're just controlling assholes, but I'd love to see what incredible 'reason' could be thought up if they were pressed on it.

There's a lot of people for whom unnatural hair colors are "a statement" (and sometimes they are, if just of body autonomy), and it loops around to the same game as people who have weird piercings, tattoos, etc. I dye my hair blue and get a lot of comments from people that it must make me hard to employ, or I had to fight my boss or parents or partner or something on it (especially because it's considered a femme-presenting activity and I'm masc-presenting) or that I'm "rebelling" against something but anyone with any sort of power to hire/fire/care has always liked it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It's weird how complete strangers will accost you to ask about your dyed hair or piercings, usually claiming that you're doing it for the attention. Don't flatter yourself, bitch.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

It's weird how complete strangers will accost you to ask about your dyed hair or piercings, usually claiming that you're doing it for the attention. Don't flatter yourself, bitch.

It's an aesthetic choice that requires extra effort and care. Both of those things require going out of your way for a visual effect.

But people like being the main character of their own stories, and can't imagine that someone else's choices have nothing to do with them. Yeah, it's for attention - but not yours.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

sootikins posted:

Unfortunate that it took him so long. This is why it's important to try potty training between 22 and 30 months.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Soylent Pudding posted:

I've never met an eagle scout who was actually competent at anything. Even the ones most approximating competence had an ego completely out of proportion to their actual capabilities. I'm at the point when I see it on a resume it's a mark against the submitter.

Former scouts were the worst clients when I worked as a climbing guide since the boyscouts hadn't updated any of their climbing handbooks since like the 60s and that combined with their egos was a dangerous mix. Highlight for me was I got roped in to help with a caving trip and I tried to tell the obese scout leader maybe he shouldn't try to go one particular route and he got stuck for like 2 hours. Someone finally realized his huge belt buckle was snagged and we had to cut off his pants to get him unstuck.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Captain Hygiene posted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

:nice:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I can't find the tweet in question, but people getting weird about it always reminded me of that dumbass who said something like "Dyed hair and piercings are a form of aposematism; these women are showing off how poisonous they are and it's reasonable to want to avoid them" and earned the absolutely perfect response of "aposematism is meant to ward off predators, not potential partners. If you find it off-putting, that means it works."

E: v thank ye kindly

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 1, 2022

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Captain Hygiene posted:

Alternately,

r/relationships: everyone has hair in their butts, it's a human trait.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I can't find the tweet in question, but people getting weird about it always reminded me of that dumbass who said something like "Dyed hair and piercings are a form of aposematism; these women are showing off how poisonous they are and it's reasonable to want to avoid them" and earned the absolutely perfect response of "aposematism is meant to ward off predators, not potential partners. If you find it off-putting, that means it works."

https://twitter.com/stringy/status/1062994191339286528

Screenshot:

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sootikins posted:

At least he has this weird shower ritual instead of just walking around with a lovely rear end. Get the guy a fuckin' bidet already, Christ.

But OTOH the "wow my poops are so big and manly, aren't you impressed?" thing is also a sufficient :redflag: to dump the dumper.

e: Oh yeah also thinking women don't have hair on their assholes. lol.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 1, 2022

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Do they have like, adult education courses for rear end wiping? It's unfortunate that he missed the window on potty training and it seems a lot of men are in the same boat.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 1, 2022

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

sootikins posted:

Being weirdly proud of hell-shits is a red flag, for both his personality and future medical issues.

If you have bad shits that often that you would want a shower to cleanse yourself because wiping isn't enough (bold assumption on that though) you need to see a GI doctor because either you eat nothing but fat and cheap carbs or you have some serious internal digestive issues.

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

In what world could having pink hair ever be considered 'disrespectful' to anyone :psyduck: Like yeah I know it obviously isn't and they're just controlling assholes, but I'd love to see what incredible 'reason' could be thought up if they were pressed on it.

I had a friend who would take you aside anytime you did somthing "cringe" or "un-normal" and give you a talking-to. Next time it would be a stern look.
Some people just like it when people (themselves included) aim for being normal.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Mellow Seas posted:

But OTOH the "wow my poops are so big and manly, aren't you impressed?" thing is also a sufficient :redflag: to dump the dumper.

I can't imagine being around someone who is constantly boasting about their bowel movements, is it a scat fetish ?

And yeah there are products out there like Cottonelle Flush wipes and Dude wipes and Tucks that would eliminate the
weird need to shower.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

hopefully ex-girlfriend posted:

He is actually proud of how gross his shits are... He didn't like that and said i was implying that he was dirty.

Make up your loving mind you gross m*nch*ld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I doubt that guy is even taking award worthy dumps. If you don’t regularly need to use a poop knife, your turds ain’t poo poo.