Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

Oof that's more complicated than I expected. Am I gonna be able to faceroll my way into those rewards? I am ungood at pvp

if you just want a cool set for one job you can just queue into daily frontlines roulette and earn enough pvp currency to eventually be able to buy a whole set for several jobs (especially since the non-tanks share the same armor). then with the achievement unlocked you can pick them up whenever you want from the calamity salvager.

anyone with doubts about their abilities in pvp, don't forget that this is also coming with a pvp rework that everyone will be relearning, and also there are plenty of bad pvpers who will also do this content so you won't be the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

Yeah I'll miss the animation even though the actual gameplay will be improved by its removal.
i think the removal of kaiten is a huge detriment to the moment to moment gameplay.

it was the only thing stopping you from just spamming shinten the moment you have kenki to do so. you had to keep your gauge within a certain baseline to ensure that you always had the kenki for kaiten. guren / senei naturally line up with ikishoten and the other spenders like gyoten / yaten are too niche to worry about.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

What actually is the GARO event, and what will I need to do to get the lil Machinist gun (which is the only thing I really care about)?

Vitamean posted:

GARO weapons and armor will be available for purchase for wolf marks (or maybe the new currency) from a specific NPC in the wolves den. After obtaining a full set for a job, talk to the NPC again to unlock a job-specific title related to that set (this achievement title is required if you want to repurchase that set after the event ends).

Win PvP matches with any of those titles set to earn the achievements that reward the mounts.
The extra wrinkles I'll note: the GARO sets are all lvl 60 (no idea if the rerun will change anything), so the job you want to earn a title for needs to also be 60 (so you can wear the pieces).
The mounts needed, while a GARO title is active, 10 Frontline victories (for the silver horse), 30 Feast victories (for the golden horse), and 60 victories total across Frontline and Feast in any combination (for the gunmetal black horse).

Presumably, the Feast requirements will be changed to Crystalline Conflict this go around, at minimum.

But to reiterate on just the glamour gear: all you have to do is participate in PVP at all to get Wolf Marks. You get more for winning, but only the mounts might require you to spend some time winning.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Did they mention if progress towards the mount achievements would carry over from the last time, or did they get reset in addition to being disabled?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Onean posted:

The slides about the Crystalline Conflict ranking system:

There will be two ranked seasons in between 6.1 and 6.2.

GARO is returning!

They hosed up

Diamond should have been called Crystal I mean come on it's right there this was a gimme

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Well then what would they call the Crystal rank smart guy?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

They hosed up

Diamond should have been called Crystal I mean come on it's right there this was a gimme

:thunk:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

It really feels like they don't really have any ideas for the carbuncle, but don't want to completely remove it because that would upset players.

Can confirm as one of those would be upset players.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you un-busy drg it will just have nothing left

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Do people have a problem with High Jump's animation lock? It's miniscule at this point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1509955358122340355?t=A3gJG-abjbnjvoPDzOMATQ&s=19

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

They hosed up

post username combo

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Do people have a problem with High Jump's animation lock? It's miniscule at this point.

You can't double weave it , spineshatter, or dragonfire unless you have very low ping. You can't double weave stardiver period, and people with higher ping can't even single weave it without clipping their gcd.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if they make the lock so short you can double weave that would completely change the feel of the class

not a fan of the idea

trimming a few frames off of stardiver would be fine though

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I would not lose sleep over not having the carbuncle anymore, as someone who really likes what SMN does now, but I get that people are super attached to that little guy. I would be fine with it being a cosmetic summon that you could have out if you wanted but also its presence not being required to do everything else. But I was never a summoner main from day 1 so I don't know if my opinion counts for much.

I'm glad we get the generic adventurer outfit in the trailer art in-game. It's so basic, but I love basic looks. Still hoping for a chocobo barding with like a big backpack and bedroll and other travel items. Like "Gleaner Barding" or something. That would be my ultimate adventure combo.

I'm also excited for the alliance raid. "Are the Twelve otherwise engaged?" Not anymore, apparently.

Also pictured: Thal's balls?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/Pantone272/status/1509869080462999552?s=20&t=5bL45ZTpby_lWIpjAmjRwA

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Onean posted:

And another for the Hrothgar hair, including the B2 haircut:
https://imgur.com/a/lpXmgWc

please say sike...

losing kaiten sucks, even purely on an animation level it was sick as heck. goes the way of MCH special reloads i guess.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

give up for ultros, everybody

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1509948384559480833

:eyepop:

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

on further reflection i now very badly wish they'd added no hairstyles for hrothgar, because there is now the possibility i'll have to look at one of those hairstyles on an npc hroth at some point, maybe even in a cutscene. horrendous.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah just Aegis if you don't count the summons.

Is there any use for the pet hotbar now?

there's gonna be a use when they announce the beast master limited job for 6.25

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

HackensackBackpack posted:

Also pictured: Thal's balls?

Considering the other two at the back, he's got four of them.

Anyway, the Snow hairstyle looks the least weirdest on Hrothgar solely because of the bandana.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Pyro Jack posted:

Anyway, the Snow hairstyle looks the least weirdest on Hrothgar solely because of the bandana.

It’s because it allows you to pretend the ears are there, they’re just covered up.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Pyro Jack posted:

Those are Nald's Norbs

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I cannot decide whether I actually want to put effort into my character cards or ironically leave them generic, like the dancer in the Crystal Conflict example...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Onean posted:

Here's an Imgur album of the printouts they showed for the Alliance Raid armor:
https://imgur.com/a/TxbDDDe

And another for the Hrothgar hair, including the B2 haircut:
https://imgur.com/a/lpXmgWc

(Screenshots again from the Reddit Discord.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/waki89/status/1509867482558787589?s=21&t=z9jgbNyZ__9KTvrkB8jHKg

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

im just pissed if the only good hairstyle is one you have to buy on mogstation to even use (as well as a fantasia to switch to it), like, cmon :argh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pyro Jack posted:

Those are Nald’s Nards.

efb

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Mix. posted:

im just pissed if the only good hairstyle is one you have to buy on mogstation to even use (as well as a fantasia to switch to it), like, cmon :argh:

you dont have to fantasia to switch hair unless i'm missing something?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

got some news about hrothgar and hrothgar in particular

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

You do for Hrothgar, because the hairstyle is part of the head type.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Tamba posted:

You do for Hrothgar, because the hairstyle is part of the head type.

Man, that really sucks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rip

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hrothgar and Viera are, regrettably, a pretty prime example of vision outstripping technology. Here's hoping the 7.0 client'll be able to handle dynamic head models like theirs in a way that won't force them to do super weird poo poo like cutting off Hrothgar ears to give them more than a single hairstyle per face.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Lmao I saw the top image where they stopped at Diamond but not the bottom. Carried away by my own disappointment :negative:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Wait GARO is PvP only? Well, guess I'm not getting it then

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alxprit posted:

Wait GARO is PvP only? Well, guess I'm not getting it then

You only need Wolf Marks for the armor sets and weapons, and I can absolutely, 100% guarantee you as a longtime Frontlines player that no one playing Frontlines is viciously scrutinizing scoreboards and calling individual players out. Just queue up for the daily roulette, follow the largest concentration of players around, hit your buttons on whatever you can target that's closest to you, and you can easily get whatever pieces you want with zero muss or fuss.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I promise you guys if you queue for frontlines daily challenge and stick with the group of people no one's gonna care if you die a couple of times

you may even

end up

liking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If you don't give pvp 2.0 a chance all the garos will be sad. I suppose everyone has to make their own decision on if they can live with that