Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh hey. A new physical 3DS game is coming out next month.

Fragrant Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzcORAxqcuY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh hey. A new physical 3DS game is coming out next month.

Fragrant Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzcORAxqcuY

Neat! Also a reminder that I haven't even touched Stella Glow, never mind a whole multitude of other tactics games 3DS and otherwise.

How's the full set collection coming along btw, Detective No. 27?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kinda stalled out. Most 3DS sections at the shops I go to are much smaller and it's harder to find the stuff I don't have. But I'll find something every once in a while. I found a copy of Lego Friends a couple weeks ago for $7.50. I probably could just search for everything I don't have on ebay but it's nowhere near as satisfying and ends up being a a way to burn money too fast.

I am glad I bought all the essentials and obscure stuff pre-covid and doubly glad I got it all before they announced the eShop closure.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
There's a Sega and Atlus sale right for the 3ds eshop.

Persona Q2 does not show up on the nintendo website for whatever reason but the game is there if you look for it on the 3ds.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The original Persona Q has a high failure rate on physical cartridges so you might want to double check if your copy works before the sale ends.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I installed TwilightMenu yesterday and it was pretty simple and runs really well.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Ryuga Death posted:

Persona Q2 does not show up on the nintendo website for whatever reason but the game is there if you look for it on the 3ds.

Thanks for the heads up! Radiant Historia is $9.99, I'm finally gonna pull the trigger

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Turbinosamente posted:

Neat! Also a reminder that I haven't even touched Stella Glow, never mind a whole multitude of other tactics games 3DS

what games? i can play them for you and save you the trouble

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dehry posted:

The original Persona Q has a high failure rate on physical cartridges so you might want to double check if your copy works before the sale ends.

How do you check for this? I have a cart and installed the game to my 3ds. It booted up fine but I haven't actively played it. Would it fail to boot up at all or does it fail after a certain amount of playtime?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I bought Radiant Historia the last time this sale rolled through, and I didn't realize that the game had DLC. I'd any of it worth having?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The ones that aren’t obviously grinding DLC or bathhouse fan service are pretty okay

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

C-Euro posted:

I bought Radiant Historia the last time this sale rolled through, and I didn't realize that the game had DLC. I'd any of it worth having?

Not really. It's all cosmetic stuff or increased money and xp. There are some post game things that might be worth looking into, but I rarely bother.

Also hack your 3DS and increase the xp gain by half. The 3ds rerelease lowers the xp gain compared to the original which necessitates a bit of grinding later on.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Mescal posted:

what games? i can play them for you and save you the trouble

Erm 3DS specifically? I think I may have been thinking of some Switch games and mixing it up, Like God Wars and the forthcoming Metal Slug Tactics. I have been meaning to do the NG+ of Project X Zone, and have yet to touch any Advance Wars games. There's a lot out there I haven't tried.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ryuga Death posted:

How do you check for this? I have a cart and installed the game to my 3ds. It booted up fine but I haven't actively played it. Would it fail to boot up at all or does it fail after a certain amount of playtime?

Mine failed at boot up but others have experienced it during gameplay.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Are there any other 3ds game carts that are prone to failure?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ryuga Death posted:

Persona Q and the Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire remakes. But from what I hear, it’s down to a specific bad batch for those games.

Edit: Oh, I misread context. My post applies for physical editions.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ryuga Death posted:

Not quite an issue with the carts themselves, but the EU version of SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked is buggy as poo poo out of the box. There's a patch for it on the eShop.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich
I had issues with a copy of Fire Emblem Echoes. Routinely crashed on three different systems. New copy is running great.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Persona Q and the Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire remakes. But from what I hear, it’s down to a specific bad batch for those games.

Edit: Oh, I misread context. My post applies for physical editions.

No, you're on the right track. I was mostly concerned about physical games being prone to failure. I had heard about Persona Q and something about ORAS being pretty bad. I have Omega Ruby and Persona Q physically so I'm just a bit concerned.

Judging from what Dehry has said, the Persona Q cart failing can happen at any point but I wonder if it still applies to even when you install a game from cart to the sd card.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ryuga Death posted:

Thanks for the heads up on this! I have some games on watch to download before August (or whenever it is that you lose the ability to download things from the eShop). Radiant Historia and Soul Hackers were two of them!

I think the last one I had my eye on was Ever Oasis.

Somebody let me know if that one goes on sale...

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Are any of the 3ds sonic games any good besides the M2/virtual console stuff?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Not really, The boom games are mediocre and Lost World is actively bad, haven’t played generations though. they pale in comparison to Rush and Rush Adventure for the DS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rush and Rush Adventure suck too but I’d agree they’re better than the crap on 3DS.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The first Rush has a really good soundtrack by the Jet Set Radio guy so it has that going for it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

hatty posted:

The first Rush has a really good soundtrack by the Jet Set Radio guy so it has that going for it

He’s become one of Twitter’s best shitposters lately.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I haven't tried the 3DS version of Generations but the PC/console one is the best 3D sonic game and also a top-tier 2D sonic game

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I realize I'm super late to this and anyone that has ever cared has moved on but man, I'm really enjoying Apollo Justice. I'm on the final trial and it's been a roller coaster ride.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i love the ace attorney series start to finish and i really hope they'll make more of them after the surprise porting of the great ace attorney 1+2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Apollo Justice gets a bad rap. It’s real good imo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hatty posted:

Apollo Justice gets a bad rap. It’s real good imo

Not my favorite but yeah, it’s certainly not bad.

I think we’ll see DD and SJ ports before a new game in the series. Weird they haven’t been ported yet.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

That big Capcom leak last year had IIRC both a second AA Trilogy and AA7 in it, so there's hope at least.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Commander Keene posted:

That big Capcom leak last year had IIRC both a second AA Trilogy and AA7 in it, so there's hope at least.

Was that part of the Nvidia leak or something else?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Was that part of the Nvidia leak or something else?

Nah. Capcom got hacked and like two years worth of their upcoming games were leaked. So far the leak has been pretty accurate.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

What else aside from AA stuff was even in that leak? I didn't pay that much attention because I don't have much interest in Monster Hunter or Street Fighter, which are the two franchises that seem to be their primary focus right now.

I mostly just glanced at the AA stuff and kept the vigil over Breath of Fire's grave.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It was a few months before RE8 came out and I vaguely remember hearing that all of its cutscenes leaked.

I remember hearing that Capcom renewed the copyright or trademark for Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, suggesting a Steam release, but that was at least a year ago and nothing has materialized.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It was almost two years in between that Squenix filing for the Live-A-Live trademark outside Japan and the remake being announced this year, so it's not necessarily dead, but I'm not optimistic.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Square totally trolled everyone into thinking the Live A Live trademark renewal was just for that anniversary concert. I know my hopes were dashed when the concert happened and no remaster announcement or anything.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Detective No. 27 posted:

Square totally trolled everyone into thinking the Live A Live trademark renewal was just for that anniversary concert. I know my hopes were dashed when the concert happened and no remaster announcement or anything.

Huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWF4JR_h5E

Edit: I misunderstood the context but watch the trailer anyway

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I still can't believe that we're getting a gorgeous Live A Live remake. That's so loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was just about to start the fan translation too. Perfect timing. I have a feel Chrono Trigger will get a remake on this style eventually too.