Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What kind of a loving idiot doesn't love Megas XLR?

Someone with bad opinions, that's who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

we dig giant robot cars here

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Willo567 posted:

The difference is that Keroro was made in Japan. SRW has never and will likely never use mecha series made outside of Japan. Even if they did, Cartoon Network wrote the series off to the U.S. government alongside Sym Bionic Titan.

Also, 30 did do very well for being a Steam only released, and before the game got officially announced for the West it was one of the top sellers on Steam.
yeah yeah, I know, it was more in a "even if there's a .0000000000001% chance!" sort of way.

also, lol what happened to it and SBT??? wow, impressive! the hands look a teensy bit jank but other than that, great job!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I don't see an official manga thread, but is "Berserk" really as good as people say? I remember watching the original anime two decades back and not caring much for it, but the immense praise of the series and it being so influential to so much media that came after it makes me turn my head. However, I also hear that the beginning of it isn't that good and don't want to read a few volumes before the story "clicks" with me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The only artists good at drawing hands are yaoi artists.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't see an official manga thread, but is "Berserk" really as good as people say? I remember watching the original anime two decades back and not caring much for it, but the immense praise of the series and it being so influential to so much media that came after it makes me turn my head. However, I also hear that the beginning of it isn't that good and don't want to read a few volumes before the story "clicks" with me.

the first arc isn't awful and it's pretty short but it's mostly just screwing around with a dark fantasy setting they didn't know what to do with yet and none of the characters really get established until golden age, the much longer second arc that the original anime covered. that ends up being the real base for the rest of the story and contextualizing guts as less of a gritty swordguy and more as a person with more emotional depth that gets explored across the rest of the story in his relationships with the people around him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

berserk is good, if you're worried about getting into it i would recommend reading it for free instead of letting the dark horse pricetag scare you off

and there is a thread, it just hasn't been active for a bit https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904041

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

punk rebel ecks posted:

all of it is good. also fix your herlock av the warp thing looks bad. peace.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Megas XLR was a peak A+ What a Cartoon pilot/premise that gave me some great bits that I never felt the need to watch more of.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

el cazador de la bruja's pretty fun outside of the early eps having a couple bad jokes. in a different way from the bad jokes in the later parts of the series that feel on purpose and are more based in how weird the cast are

watched the first couple eps this afternoon. Digging it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
"You're one odd bird, Ellis." "I'm a human bird"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Taco song is one of the more catchy jingles in anime. Feels like it 100% came from a local commercials that people loved/hated/loved to hate

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The Taco song is one of the more catchy jingles in anime. Feels like it 100% came from a local commercials that people loved/hated/loved to hate

oh lol i remember watching that context-free not too long ago. didnt know it came from this

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
El Cazador De LA Bruja owns

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

What kind of a loving idiot doesn't love Megas XLR?

Someone with bad opinions, that's who.

Larry felt envious seeing "Mega" in the title

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
trying to find any way to watch Texhnolyze is an uphill battle

can't believe it never got any kind of upscale, it's 480p or nothing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never said I didn't like it btw. Don't put words in my mouth lo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I passed on Megas XLR when it first came out cause I was a dumb teen and would pass on things for even attempting to look like my precious Japanese animes.

Handful of years later I caught some episodes and really enjoyed em. I should go back and watch the rest of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
megas putting on the zorps like too-small gloves and shoes ruled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cCyNp9fNo

the leader zorp flying in front and doubling back to fly at megas like in a megazord transformation, but to attack instead, was a really good nod

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like anime

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
prove it

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

episode 3 of kaguya-sama. still ftw.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Finished watching JJK with my boyfriend. It's pretty good. Nobara ftw.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I think it has potential but the first season of long runners is seldom the strongest part so I have hope the next season will make it way better. There's a lot of stuff I'm interested to see developed, mainly to do with Geto (it's also good to hear Lex Lang again), Mai, and Mechamaru/Muta.

A pretty unique part of the show is that the strongest person in the setting is a main character and hero. It's like if Dumbledore was around all the time or if All Might wasn't injured and then permanently taken out of the game relatively early.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 4, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh wow, I suddenly started getting the old toonami ads in my recommends, and thought nothing of it until I clicked the Advanced Robotics one, and apparently for toonami's 25th anniversary they had someone remaster them all? that's real loving cool, I remember those shorts being really neat(out of context of the respective shows, of course). they're super nice all cleaned up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kziSDTpAaOA&hd=1

good ol' optimus prime talking about killer robots lol

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Oxxidation posted:

trying to find any way to watch Texhnolyze is an uphill battle

can't believe it never got any kind of upscale, it's 480p or nothing

Sounds like an appropriate amount of suffering considering what you are trying to watch.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mod edit: NSFW, added tags

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
:yikes:

Nms that poo poo drat

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:sigh: big yikes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lol what the gently caress

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Plutonis, you don't get to be mod by doing creepy stuff preemptively.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

:chloe:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Plutonis you fool, this wasn't the AUG tab!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Mod edit: NSFW, added tags

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wow

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden Final SEASON Asaki Yume no Akatsuki is apparently an actual name of an actual anime

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i should put madoka stuff on my list, i keep forgetting there's like 80 things besides the very first anime to watch

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Magia Record is good and if you liked Madoka you should give it a try (it’s split into 3 seasons), especially now that the series is finally over

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

marumaru posted:

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden Final SEASON Asaki Yume no Akatsuki is apparently an actual name of an actual anime
hosed up that they got rid of the Latin.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

marumaru posted:

that's very clearly a light novel title, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

marumaru posted:

Isn't that part of the final attack in Wonderful 101?