Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Arghy posted:

Initiative fuckery is required and an intended feature at this point so don't be afraid to manipulate it. Battle armor pretty much requires you to reserve them until every units gone because they're insanely squishy and the AI prioritizes the lowest armor on the field so no evasion and lowest armor means they'll get hammered every time.

Honestly I started treating that as a selling point of BA since I still haven’t gotten much use out of them otherwise. They seem to get damaged after virtually every drop and I don’t want to spend the mechbay time between every mission to fix them up, so I just end up not fielding them more often than not. I’ve also had them die instantly upon spawning on some maps, or sometimes the unit is visible on a tile but isn’t outlined, selectable or useable for the duration of the mission. They’re brilliant in a pinch for distracting fire from other stuff though.

I’m falling back into the same play patterns as my last run already though, so looking for something to change it up. Finally finished the trek across the entire IS up to clan space the other day, but I’m still stuck at 3/x parts on a bunch of mechs and haven’t spent the mechbay time to kit out what I have in clan gear yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

BA can be a huge force multiplier if used correctly and are great for mixing up the standard artillery heavy play style. I'm running 3 BA atm, 2 basically elementals and 1 shooty BA. I mount up the SL/SRM2 guys on my fast scout mechs and they basically just hang on unless there's a good time for them to hop off and really gently caress something up. My artillery BA sits in my VTOL and hammers rear armor though i may grab a 2nd VTOL and stick some heavy melee BA in there so they could jump out if they want to. I'm giving up 1 vehicle only slot for the versatility of that VTOL with BA shooting out the side which would otherwise by a hunter with a single LRM20. I'm gonna grab a mobile HQ on airless maps or harder maps where i need lots of call downs.

If you just reserve until phase 5 while the BA are riding on 6+ evasion light mechs they can usually hop off and deliver a devastating swarm attack them jump back on the light mechs before anything can retaliate against them. If you grab this guy https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Unnsvin you can drop 2 BA so that's gonna be insane with 2 melee BA hopping out and destroying something then hopping back in before anything can shoot them.

It's funny though because if you swarm too soon you might need to shoot your own BA to kill the target and they can be squashed if the enemy falls down too haha.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Got the urge to try this again. I have a dumb question: If I have a choice between doing a melee attack and a ranged attack, and positioning is not an issue (As in, a melee attack will not leave me exposed), which is better? I know that melee attacks cause stability damage can lead to knockdowns if you pile it on.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Got the urge to try this again. I have a dumb question: If I have a choice between doing a melee attack and a ranged attack, and positioning is not an issue (As in, a melee attack will not leave me exposed), which is better? I know that melee attacks cause stability damage can lead to knockdowns if you pile it on.
That depends a lot. Melee attacks vary their damage based on mech chassis and equipped gear so on some mechs, you are putting out little more than a large laser for damage. If your mech can fire a barrage for several of those, you're obviously losing out. On the other hand, that damage is "free" in the sense that it doesnt take heat or ammo. Similarly, early on you will probably find melee attacks have higher chances to hit than ranged fire, but that can also change and at high levels/gear you can be hitting a lot more regularly at long range.

On the other hand your melee attacks do a lot of stability damage, generally do more damage concentrated in one place than a typical ranged attack that a mech of that size can put out, and do so for "free", positioning concerns aside. They also allow the use of support weapons to fire afterwards, which can be nice.

There usually isnt an option that is always better. In general I build my mechs for 3-4ish rounds of sustained fire and then they need to overheat, so I either reposition or melee.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Arghy posted:

BA can be a huge force multiplier if used correctly and are great for mixing up the standard artillery heavy play style. I'm running 3 BA atm, 2 basically elementals and 1 shooty BA. I mount up the SL/SRM2 guys on my fast scout mechs and they basically just hang on unless there's a good time for them to hop off and really gently caress something up. My artillery BA sits in my VTOL and hammers rear armor though i may grab a 2nd VTOL and stick some heavy melee BA in there so they could jump out if they want to. I'm giving up 1 vehicle only slot for the versatility of that VTOL with BA shooting out the side which would otherwise by a hunter with a single LRM20. I'm gonna grab a mobile HQ on airless maps or harder maps where i need lots of call downs.

If you just reserve until phase 5 while the BA are riding on 6+ evasion light mechs they can usually hop off and deliver a devastating swarm attack them jump back on the light mechs before anything can retaliate against them. If you grab this guy https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Unnsvin you can drop 2 BA so that's gonna be insane with 2 melee BA hopping out and destroying something then hopping back in before anything can shoot them.

It's funny though because if you swarm too soon you might need to shoot your own BA to kill the target and they can be squashed if the enemy falls down too haha.

Huh, alright. I ran out of SRM2s and SLs, and haven’t seen more in stores so far. I haven’t seen any VTOLS yet either and had no idea there were artillery BA haha, I’ve still only seen the IS standard & Achilles. Weapon wise I think I have some MGS & SRM4s left, plus BA PPCS which I think I started with? However the IS BA can’t seem to equip those. I’ve run out of most everything else by now. I’d been sticking them on scout mechs for a ride and swarming if I had a good shot, but they get squashed almost every time I do even if they do get the kill. I ended up giving my BA pilots stuff like target prediction or the global damage reduction just so I could hop off, pop the skill & remount. It’s a pain keeping those pilots healthy too though, maybe easier once I hit the next pod upgrade and have more of a roster to rotate through.

In other news I scraped 3 parts of a Stone Rhino and a Highlander IIc out of a 3 skull ambush convoy, so I’ve been trawling through higher skull clan missions in hopes of finding more parts to finish those off. I sunk a bunch of cash into fixing up my Atlas with some of the clantech I’ve salvaged and slapped on a few RACs. Breaching shot is still just as dumb with those but I’m at an awkward breakpoint in my tonnage where I’d have to drop two heavies to bring it in and it just doesn’t feel worth it as is, especially since my heavies are all relatively fast now so the Atlas just tends to lag behind on most maps.

Also looking at turning this black lanner into an upgraded scout since it’s got like 8/15 movement already and has plenty of spare tonnage to fit in probes, tag, narc, ecm/ams etc., maybe some beacons or actual weapons. On the other hand it might actually have worse armor than my raven because of the clan quirks, hah.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Most wealthy worlds in the inner sphere will sell unlimited BA weapons and a really good variety of them too. Almost every lyran world i've been on is selling VTOL's, BA's, and a ton of weapons. The pilots will take injuries a ton but that's why you stick newbies in them! I have a pool of about 7 early imitative pilots and i rotate them in BA's and my lighter mechs.

It's funny though because even with 9 evasion my VTOL is taking a gently caress load of hits in later missions just because the amount of firepower so i might actually stop bringing it and use my artillery BA with my mid range clan mechs.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Arghy posted:

Most wealthy worlds in the inner sphere will sell unlimited BA weapons and a really good variety of them too. Almost every lyran world i've been on is selling VTOL's, BA's, and a ton of weapons. The pilots will take injuries a ton but that's why you stick newbies in them! I have a pool of about 7 early imitative pilots and i rotate them in BA's and my lighter mechs.

It's funny though because even with 9 evasion my VTOL is taking a gently caress load of hits in later missions just because the amount of firepower so i might actually stop bringing it and use my artillery BA with my mid range clan mechs.

Odd, this run started off in the rear end-end of Marik space, so I hit a bunch of planets all across the IS making my way up to clan territory. Not the right ones I guess. I picked up a few other BA weapons here & there along the way to replace what I was going through, but I’m not sure I saw all that much variety. I just finished beta pod and a medical upgrade on the Argo in my last travel, so that should alleviate the pilot issue with BA somewhat.

And yeah, I’ve taken multiple head hits through 8 ev pips in my last few missions, so I feel you there hah. Almost every mission lately feels like it starts off with one of my pilots taking a stray laser to the face turn 1 before they can activate, but luckily I have yet to actually lose a mech or pilot because of it.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Make sure you've got the latest hotfix and patches the devs of BTA were literally making me them as i played after i found a slew of weird deployment bugs. I started in that vanilla campaign kingdom and apparently the rim is really weird where they won't sell any loving BA weapons but they'll sell the armors themselves which doesn't make any sense since i imagine most BA weapons are man portable weapons to begin with which everyone should have a gently caress load of.

Unlucky7 posted:

Melee will often have a way higher hit chance then your weapons and can knock out all that targets evasion so consider the enemy weapons because it might be worth it to take a few hits to your armor to knock a target to zero evasion and kill it. Kicks are generally the best but the melee damage will only hit the legs with your weapons firing afterwards. Punches will put all their damage in 1 area and you can't fire arm mounted weapons but the trade off is you can potentially punch someones cockpit in. Physical weapons are more powerful punches.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Roger Tech works similarly - weapons and gear can give you additional kicks or punches, though. My Obsidian Skull murderAtlas can do eight punches @ 106 points per, with a melee-specced 4-10s pilot using Berserk (melee skill). (Or at least that I saw in looking at the combat log, in my last duel video.)

And then the Combat Shotgun/Hammerfist/'splodey NARC fire and break anything left, si there's no components and one beat-to-poo poo mech part for loot. :unsmigghh:

This only comes out for duels or the Gladiator matches, which are mod-added fights that were done before the actual duels came; the Skull doesn't come out for stand-up battles, because it's got poo poo for ranged weapons and *very* limited ammo - I'd rather spend the tonnage on one of my headshooty Marauder IIs or arty or something, rather than being team-target charging in whoops gotta turn off the supercharger/Hotseat and slow way the gently caress down for a few turns oh hey look at all the mines...

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Arghy posted:

Make sure you've got the latest hotfix and patches the devs of BTA were literally making me them as i played after i found a slew of weird deployment bugs. I started in that vanilla campaign kingdom and apparently the rim is really weird where they won't sell any loving BA weapons but they'll sell the armors themselves which doesn't make any sense since i imagine most BA weapons are man portable weapons to begin with which everyone should have a gently caress load of.

Ah gotcha, I don’t think I have the most recent batch of hot fixes yet, so that might explain part of it. I hit two rich industrial mega city travel hub etc. planets last night and they both only had BA SRM4s in stock.
I did pick up some extra basic IS BA with the stock SLs for the time being. I finished a Timber Wolf S and refigured my drop tonnage to fit the Black Lanner as a scout, dropped my Atlas for the time being and picked up the new BA with the other omnis. BA finished a couple kills on mediums that were still hanging on deep into structure, and none of them got squashed in the process this time around at least.

New timber wolf got a missile master pilot, TTS Missile Evasion ++, adv tc plus some spare csrms and a bunch of fancy ammo. My MRM boat also got a new missile master pilot, an extra mrm30, more Apollo ammo and a bigger engine once I was able to fit more e-cooling and free up some slots with a cdhs kit and cxl engine. I’ve been trying to just run missions back to back and then jump planets, but I desperately need to sink the time into more Argo upgrades, both for tonnage and mechbay slots if I want more room to experiment.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah i'm loving the new gate with deployable mechs and tonnage, i was struggling to do 3 skull missions because i simply can't deploy enough tonnage. I lucked out against the clans and got a royal kintaro, a gargoyle, and an updated wolverine but that doesn't matter when you're facing 3 stars of medium to heavy clan units. I simply have to wait to get those upgrades to deploy more metal.

The VTOL's do not scale well at all, even with 9 evasion on that clan mission i had to flee in structure really early. I dropped my BA off and had a fast omni pick him up while the VTOL flew into the corner of the map. I now field a demolisher instead and oooooh boy is it fun when enemy mechs don't get enough evasion and it's turn comes around haha. The ATM carriers are insane though, nearly pooped my pants looking at it's load out.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dumb question, but should I be taking jobs from "The Local Pirate Organization". Apparently, I am still only indifferent with them but I wonder if it is if not a trap option, then something that could be hurting me in a way that I am missing.

EDIT: I am guessing it doesn't really matter aside from rep gains and losses, but, again, I want to make sure I wasn't missing anything

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 30, 2022

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Dumb question, but should I be taking jobs from "The Local Pirate Organization". Apparently, I am still only indifferent with them but I wonder if it is if not a trap option, then something that could be hurting me in a way that I am missing.

Good rep with the pirates gives cheap access to the black market, where you can find lots of lostech. I wouldn't ally with them since that would anger everyone else, but your rep is the difference between paying $50k c-bills if positive, 250k c-bills if neutral, or $2.5M c-bills if negative.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Can depend if you're running a big modpack, too. RogueTech has no black market as such :smith:, unless you're playing the Online stuff, and then what BM there is, isn't run by Pirates.

Pirate rep is useful if you want to be a pirate (so what if there's a crocodile after your other hand), or hang out in Periphery/unclaimed space a lot. In RT, there's a bunch of dumb-to-insane pirate-specific mechs/vehicles/gear that you can buy (with non-shite rep) or loot (:unsmigghh:) like this wonderful thing, or the BRRT.

The other thing pirate rep is good for in Roger Tech is getting special missions against Superheavies, specific to that faction. (Does not require alliance, as far as I know.; if you ally with a faction in RT, you can get unique alliance flashpoints - wiki shows it's mostly Great Houses and Comstar, but there's always stuff that's not in the wiki for whatever reason, so...)

Just remember, if you piss them off enough, you lose access to their stores and decent-paying jobs, so hopefully you're not dragging through the rear end-end of space and need to make payroll/replace gear and nobody will deal with you.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
There's a special BTA 3062 patch just for today, they made an intro for the career mode :)

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 1, 2022

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Ooooh, I knew Roger Tech had added some more mechs recently (in patch updates), but I found one l;ast night.

Air Show.

SCREAMER LAM :vince:

Not the "Reliques" version, but one packing a Battle Armor Deployment Pod - yes, now you can blitz in and drop spam-in-a-can and pick them up later. (Someone in the Discord posted their Mothball with a BA Pod and a large internal BA bay that can hold 3 BAs. It's still a Mothball, so less "blitz" and more "Mobile Oppression Palace carpet-bombing with Space Marines".)

Managed to right-torso-kill the engine, but I guess the SRM ammo explosion gutted the center. :cry: I did take the one part left, and will search for Air Shows even more aggressively, because I want a full goddamn lance of Screamers just because.

Had a simple .5 green skull base destruction versus Comstar the other night, so of course I drop three headhunter Marauder IIs. :commissar: Space AT&T did no assign the A-team to this base, however - Thorn pilot took a shot with a Heavy Large Laser, and hit!

Hit the hex he was standing in and set it on fire. :lol:

Even better was the enemy spawning before I even deployed - and I hear a component-explosion and the camera zoomed on the base area, but nothing visible, of course. "Someone put a can of chili in the microwave, I guess." Continued on and deployed, nothing visible or on sensors...

Until I moved, and oh, about ten targets if you count the base buildings.

Wait, what's that one with structure damage already?

Mist Lynx, with a broken Clan Double Heatsink.

"Hmm, odd." Keep checking what the sensors can spot.

Center torso.

Exploded supercharger.

A pilot so n00b that he hit the 10% activation failure chance.

Fukken hilarious.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If BTA made me DL a patch for some not funny april fools poo poo--they had better included some actual loving fixes in there too.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just had a mission where my lance of 3 medium-1 light fought against 2 packs of light mechs. It was like that old internet meme about fighting a bunch of 5 year olds; kinda cute, but surprisingly vicious.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

zharmad posted:

Good rep with the pirates gives cheap access to the black market, where you can find lots of lostech. I wouldn't ally with them since that would anger everyone else, but your rep is the difference between paying $50k c-bills if positive, 250k c-bills if neutral, or $2.5M c-bills if negative.

I actually got the offer to get the Black Market and paid the $2.5M to join, but now I am kind of regretting it, considering I am early in the campaign/career mode I probably would have like that money for upgrades and just as a general cushion. Is it better to join the black market asap even if it means paying through the nose?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

The problem with the BM is most poo poo in there is also insanely pricey so honestly it doesn't make that much of a difference when you get it. The fact that you can just salvage clan tech also makes it kinda moot because beyond making some really insane royal mechs there's no point. It cost me 1mil alone to deck out my royal PH with clan equipment and my royal kintaro is gonna likely be 1.5mil.

Back when it was really hard to get good stuff it was awesome but now it's kinda meh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Unlucky7 posted:

I actually got the offer to get the Black Market and paid the $2.5M to join, but now I am kind of regretting it, considering I am early in the campaign/career mode I probably would have like that money for upgrades and just as a general cushion. Is it better to join the black market asap even if it means paying through the nose?

Yes, because it can take ages for the offer to show up again, if it ever does and it doesn't hurt to have it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The more mods and DLC you have adding other sources of good loot, the less important the black market becomes. Conversely, the fewer of those you have, the more important the BM and the faction shops become.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

idk why I can never bounce back to this game when the DLCs are on sale.

Can they integrate in an in-progress campaign?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I’m almost certain they can, although I just bought the whole bundle at once initially.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

If you're talking the Campaign with Kamea and everything, yes but Flashpoints won't start appearing until after you finish the story. Though there is a mod floating around that fixes that. If you're playing the more freeform Career it integrates even better, no mods necessary.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Minor Roger Tech update. AI seems to have been tweaked a bit for LAMs, because I'm seeing more trying to do DFAs - including on flying targets. :getin: Of course, AI being two lies for the price of one, those DFAs are mostly from max possible jump range - and that can be well into "shut down and glow" from the heat generated. All the way into "shut down, glow, and explode ammo before you even fall to the ground" mode.

And they still miss, at about at 60% rate or so, based on my limited experience.

In more exciting news, I took 1 orange skull (difficulty twelve) worth of mechs into a 2.5 orange skull (difficulty 15) assassination.

The Overlord dropship, and three lances of pals.

Took me about 50 rounds, ran through all my arty ammo except some Thumper, and was firing off my multi-PPC headcappers every turn they had a target.

Kinda explains the payoff. -$1.4 million.

I did get some loot to offset that, however. Lootbox gave me a Supercharger, which was rejiggered to be a million-Comcastbux item some time back. Some Laser Insulators, Clan XL engine, Heavy MRM40, and Gunnery Support A, OK haul I guess.

And a complete new Clan Gausszilla.

People have been smashing Angry Eggs repeatedly, because the lootbox pool includes the 200-ton MAC-II "Monster", which is jump-capable. :unsmigghh: And normally only appears (randomly) in the lootbox for the "Derelict" flashpoint, which is Robotech as gently caress.

But yeah, the Overlord is a beast. Only saving grace is that it's turrets are faced, so you don't have *all* of them rotating 360 degrees and murdering you through the ship itself. 2 Long Tom/Streak SRM combi-turrets, a couple 50-60 Enhanced LRM rokkitvomiters, a couple 80?-tube MRM cans, multiple-ERPPCs, Gauss emplacements and gently caress if I know I just used arty as much as possible and everything else I killed from as far away as I could with mass-PPC spam.

30k armor. Luckily, it's faced, so once you get a section started, you can grind at it to get to the creamy nougat.

A measly 3000 structure.

My sound was glitching out by turn 20; everything was stuttery and laggy before turn 30. I was *certain* it was going to CTD before I got to the firrst after-action report screen, much less salvage and lootbox, but damned if I didn't make it.

Just a casual three-hour tour onslaught.

I need to find more... SMASHMECHS EAT THE ANGRY EGGS

(note - can't remember if I reported this before, but the Overlord *is* able to be melee'd. :black101: Might have to drop a ranged unit just so I can run the Obsidian Skull in to punch it to death...)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, tried A Beautiful Day again. (Assassination, multiple SuperHeavies, mission description (in red text) states it's extremely dangerous.) Word hiring me to go slap Comstar, Urban map. 2 orange skulls (14 difficulty), I dropped 1 orange of mechs to the unit limit. (3x Marauder IIs - Clan ERPPC headshooters; 2x Stalker LRMboats for mines, with one Arrow IV; Behemoth dual-Sniper Arty mech; dual-Thumper Bull Shark; single-Long Tom Helepolis.)

Enemies spotted for sure:

2x Supernova Kugelblitz
2x (possibly 3) Master Summoners
Assorted minor :lol: trash like a dual HAG30 Warhammer IIC, Legendary Zeus/Atlas/Orion/Archer, At least one jump missile Catapult, some others I couldn't ID or forgot what they were
1x Black Knight Conquistador, which seemed to be running back and forth in the minefields tanking damage (with internal repair systems) to clear mines?
2x Joemugwhatever Joermungandr, Elite 100-ton missileboat
1x Stone Rhino (with railgun)
An assortment of Annihilators, including:
2x Thumperilla (4x Thumper Cannon)
4x (maybe more) RACZillas (multiple RAC/10s or /20s)
At least one GaussZilla (4 or 5 Gauss Rifle, depending on variant)
1x Schwerer Gustav (Binary Laser/RAC/5/Thumper Cannon)

Oh, and a MechaGodzilla (dual Snubnosed Heavy Gauss/single Heavy PPC with Cap)

Before I got my headcappers murdered by RACs/Thumpers/railgun, I did manage to wipe the Rhino, MechaGodzilla, one RACZilla, one Thumperilla, one Master Summoner, the Warham and Zeus, and both Joe Magruders. (Also a Mercury, lightest thing on the whole map, not only blew it's MASC but followed up by legging itself in the minefields.)

Took out two more RACZillas with a combo of mines and arty, the other Summoner, and put serious hurt on the RAC/20 'Zilla. Kugelblitzes didn't take anywhere near enough mine damage, but then I was well within Thumper range and getting wiped, so quit to desktop.

Think I'd've done better bringing the 200-ton Leviathan RACZilla (dual Long Tom) and picking a different drop location, where I'd have longer-distance shots on the "lesser" enemies as they came in.

It *was* fun to watch a Summoner jump to the top of a building, shoot it out from underneath, and see 200 fall damage per leg, though. And repeat it next round or the one after. Less thrilling to see it no-sell 200 structure damage per leg, though.

Save-break update coming in May, possibly adding the airstrikes for player use (:getin:), and apparently a bunch of new mechs and vehicles... including this:

Discord posted:

Akodo Reign

Today at 7:49 AM
Want to get your own 'Mech into RT? Now is your chance!

As part of the upcoming save break we are planning a Superheavy 'Mech rework which aim to make them more viable both for players and as the enemy. Due to this we are adding some new "not-so-canon" 'Mech designs to fill out the SH ranks. As part of this we are open to allow a few player created designs in.

See link for rules and submission guidelines.

https://www.reddit.com/r/roguetech/comments/u20sn6/mech_design_contest/

Wonder if a SH Obsidian Skull might be doable? The "Banner" (aka "BanHammer"), big, green and *ANGRY* And fast, for a SH. Morale debuff aura "SMASH!" :black101:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been playing Super Robot Wars and it's just too easy compared to BT so here I am back on my bullshit again lol

BTA 3062 really resolved a ton of performance issues! I'm impressed. It's a little freezy now though

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah BTA is pushing the limits which is amazing but it just makes me mad that the devs gave up--hopefully that MW5 RTS mod has potential.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
I just salvaged a Naga. Let the fun begin.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Arghy posted:

Yeah BTA is pushing the limits which is amazing but it just makes me mad that the devs gave up--hopefully that MW5 RTS mod has potential.

It was fun when I tried it last year, but it had the core problem of still being MW5

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Arghy posted:

It was bad sadly. It just suffered from not being built around it. No minimap, and the map you could bring up from the base game wouldn't have ally or enemy locations or nav markers on it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I brought artillery to an urban mission

BTA I guess put in war crime restrictions, rip my bottom line

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

RBA Starblade posted:

That's coming to Roger Tech at some future point, as well..

But hey, at least we know Enemy won't be hucking Long Tom at you in the city center anymore, right?

...right?

:cry:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

gently caress it, the fines aren't that bad

I melted like 30 buildings (and two heavy clan stars) with artillery in an urban the other day, I'm pretty sure the salvage was still easily worth it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I didn't say I was going to stop bringing it :v:

Am I going to see enemy BA at all or is it all on me? They still seem not worth the effort to me

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't say I was going to stop bringing it :v:

Am I going to see enemy BA at all or is it all on me? They still seem not worth the effort to me

Only time you'll see em is in urban maps as ambushes or if the AI somehow gets vehicles like the mobile HQ that have built in call downs. Their random on urban maps so you can get 1 in 10 missions or enjoy 6 in a single mission and oh wow will they loving destroy your mechs if they have battle claws. They can potentially put up to 70 pin point damage into rear armor not counting crits, imagine that happening multiple times to the same loving mech haha.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Arghy posted:

Only time you'll see em is in urban maps as ambushes or if the AI somehow gets vehicles like the mobile HQ that have built in call downs. Their random on urban maps so you can get 1 in 10 missions or enjoy 6 in a single mission and oh wow will they loving destroy your mechs if they have battle claws. They can potentially put up to 70 pin point damage into rear armor not counting crits, imagine that happening multiple times to the same loving mech haha.

Oh poo poo maybe it is worth it to put Dekker (I started with him lmao) in one

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

As a player BA are huge and a total force multiplier that's basically free. The key is using them right because they are always first on initiative so put them on a fast mech and use it as a battle taxi reserving until their last then do your damage then hop back on their ride before anyone else can shoot them. The light APC's can be bonkers with them and you can do awesome rushes with multiple APC's for very cheap. You can get the krupt BA that basically carries a loving mortar on it's back then stick them in the dakota VTOL where they can shoot without dismounting and enjoy your crazy firepower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao strafing runs are broken as hell, I love them

Also there's a new patch for weather, so that's neat. Also DR overhauls which are whatever. I keep getting missions ending before I've finished everything off though, which is a little annoying.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 14, 2022