Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The actual definition of Marxism, wrap it up James:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Do guys like Jordan Peebaby and this James fellow intentionally use infuriating amounts of word salad to tire people out and give in to their point because holy hell what the gently caress did I just read

Gnostic Marxist satanism of psuedo post modern Calvinism in a hedonistic ultra liberal agnostic portrayal of anarchical communist hegemony loving killllll meeeeeeee

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Do guys like Jordan Peebaby and this James fellow intentionally use infuriating amounts of word salad to tire people out and give in to their point because holy hell what the gently caress did I just read

Gnostic Marxist satanism of psuedo post modern Calvinism in a hedonistic ultra liberal agnostic portrayal of anarchical communist hegemony loving killllll meeeeeeee
like the loser college undergrads who make up their fan base, they think more words = more smarter

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
A wise man once said that if you really understand something, you can explain it easily and concisely in broad general terms that other people will understand. There's a reason these morons are word salading.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

droll posted:

A wise man once said that if you really understand something, you can explain it easily and concisely in broad general terms that other people will understand. There's a reason these morons are word salading.

That’s not true unfortunately.

Petersen is a moron tho.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Bar Ran Dun posted:

That’s not true

My posting good. Your posting bad. Baddabing badaboom

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I once saw a story about this type of thing back in the Trump days. Its opaque deliberately, so the speaker can deny any meaning, and the invested listener can perceive any meaning they want.

That 'outsiders' claim it's nonsense only strengthens those who believe themselves to be 'on the inside'.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The FEC finally punished an agent of misinformation.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1509321703423455238?s=20

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

droll posted:

Explaining things easily and concisely is for NPCs.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

droll posted:

My posting good. Your posting bad. Baddabing badaboom

No some very very smart people have issues with auditory and visual processing that are similar to the processing issues present in dyslexia without presenting as dyslexic because the higher order reading abilities hide it.

Or they have dysgraphia that makes it hard to explain things to other people in a written way. Both are actually pretty common in freakishly smart people and are extremely frustrating.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Bar Ran Dun posted:

No some very very smart people have issues with auditory and visual processing that are similar to the processing issues present in dyslexia without presenting as dyslexic because the higher order reading abilities hide it.

Or they have dysgraphia that makes it hard to explain things to other people in a written way. Both are actually pretty common in freakishly smart people and are extremely frustrating.

I said can, not only. Hth.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Guavanaut posted:

:wom: what the gently caress

"creation without consent" as suffering is more David Benatar and Julio Cabrera drawing from Peter Wessel Zapffe, none of whom were Marxists. Zapffe was a gnostic of sorts, which...

oh, he's always just shat out this kind of nonsense

There is no way that isn't a machine learning bot that someone exposed to twitter philosophers and then forgot about.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Someone did that and I can't tell the difference other than that the bot is slightly more coherent, so it's a strong maybe.

https://twitter.com/JimmyConcepts/status/1509319543214133250

https://twitter.com/JimmyConcepts/status/1509319989009915904

https://twitter.com/JimmyConcepts/status/1509209215662886912

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We should just change the thread title to political pictures and tweets, since we're already doing that mostly and we'd probably get more traffic

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Was James Lindsay the guy who rattled off a bunch of word salad nonsense to a panel of people on a talk show, and the panel just gave him confused looks and shot down his argument with a single statement?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Jamesbot posted:

identity Maoism
:hai:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

How can someone who's been on tv for as long as he has be this bad at cutting a promo?

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1509551792488693768

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Scratch Monkey posted:

Was James Lindsay the guy who rattled off a bunch of word salad nonsense to a panel of people on a talk show, and the panel just gave him confused looks and shot down his argument with a single statement?

The very same.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

mojo1701a posted:

The very same.

Anyone have a clip of this?

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Lager posted:

Anyone have a clip of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5x4bHxQmRQ

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1510009379013251083

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1510329786245263366

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Love those comments

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
joke's on you; they're actually bewildered by his sheer knowledge. and that's not pee on my pants, that's victory lemonade.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Two party systems are so depressingly predictable.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jeebus bob posted:

Two party systems are so depressingly predictable.

A two-party system is nearer to a single-party system than to a functioning democracy. In effect, it is a single-party system in that only a single party is ruining things at any given point in time.

I'm stupid though and have no idea what that graph says so someone smart please explain it to me TIA.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It says that the Republicans are going to destroy the democrats in the midterm elections, surprising nobody.

e: personally, I prefer to check the odds in betting sites instead of the polls and they're not very good for the blue side.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 4, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

trucutru posted:

It say that the Republicans are going to destroy the democrats in the midterm elections, surprising nobody.

I wonder who they'll blame it on.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My bet is they decide they've moved too far left and need to reach out to moderate voters more

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

My bet is they decide they've moved too far left and need to reach out to moderate voters more

It worked last time! (For the Republican Party.)

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

People who think the U.S. has lost more jobs than its created, people who think we're teaching kids to be trans, etc.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1511001899184627712

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

V-Men posted:

People who think the U.S. has lost more jobs than its created, people who think we're teaching kids to be trans, etc.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1510991626163867654?s=20

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

wtf

https://twitter.com/hmtreasury/status/1510971092072079360

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

LOL, racism. You would think from the commentary on immigration that there were just no laws governing it at all and anyone could just walk over the line and pick up a ballot.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Murgos posted:

LOL, racism. You would think from the commentary on immigration that there were just no laws governing it at all and anyone could just walk over the line and pick up a ballot.

As a scared white man 1000 miles from the border, that's what I imagine exactly is happening and they just confirmed it for me, you see.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Murgos posted:

I know a guy that thinks the U.S. is handing out a million dollars a piece to illegal immigrants.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Ah yes, noted voting bloc of undocumented immigrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

BiggerBoat posted:

I know a guy that thinks the U.S. is handing out a million dollars a piece to illegal immigrants.

He's got an amazing amount of integrity for not getting a million for himself. How would they know that he's not an illegal immigrant?