Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I'm on vacation and live in the Midwest which I guess is where they ship from...I get back Saturday. If I order on Monday will it sit on my porch for a few days? What should I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone have scratchy or distorted audio in game after waking it up from sleep? I do sometimes and have to restart the game.

This happened for the first time for me in Elden Ring yesterday so it's not just you

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

i must compose posted:

I'm on vacation and live in the Midwest which I guess is where they ship from...I get back Saturday. If I order on Monday will it sit on my porch for a few days? What should I do?

They shipped mine via FedEx and they have the option to have things held at specific locations as opposed to being delivered to a house. It’s free. I would do that.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

LODGE NORTH posted:

They shipped mine via FedEx and they have the option to have things held at specific locations as opposed to being delivered to a house. It’s free. I would do that.

You can't do this. Ingram Micro has blocked redirection options. If you attempt to do any of the "manage delivery" options, including vacation hold, it won't work and tells you to contact the shipper.

i must compose posted:

Wait until Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning (before expiration obviously) to checkout. It sits in limbo for 24 hrs while you can make an address change or cancellation and it wouldn't be shipped out until Friday. They still might try to deliver it Saturday or it could take until the following Monday.

Keep in mind if they attempt to deliver 3 times unsuccessfully and return it to Ingram Micro in Carol Stream, IL, you will get a refund and kicked back to the end of the line.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FedEx isn't doing the holding thing for this, I believe, they just bring it to your door

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I will probably wait until Wednesday to order in that case. A dangerous game.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

So what's the best bet controller wise if you're hooking it up to the tv and playing on the couch? I'm tempted to get a ps5 controller but 70$ is a hefty price tag to get it and find out it doesn't work with the steam deck.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I've been using a Switch Pro controller.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Don't have a Deck but probably the first thing I'm going to do with it is try out my 8bitdo Pro 2, which is a great controller and has both XInput and DInput modes so there's no reason it shouldn't Just Work with the Deck. It's also somewhat cheaper than a PlayStation 5 controller, it's like $50.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

i must compose posted:

Forward it to me, I'll hold it forever you.

Tomorrow's the first wave of Q2 orders right, and then it's weekly?

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

sigher posted:

Forward it to me, I'll hold it forever you.

Tomorrow's the first wave of Q2 orders right, and then it's weekly?

poo poo I hope so, I ordered the 2nd tier 15 mins in

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ColdPie posted:

I've been using a Switch Pro controller.
Just a note: that’s alright for most games, but remember it doesn’t have analog triggers, so it wouldn’t be ideal for racing games.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Where Q2 emails gaben

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

FBS posted:

I gladly ordered the 256 GB, I still think it's probably the right one to buy, but I won't know for sure until I have one in my hands.

Conaidering where predictions would put me for the 512 model I am also happy with my choice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Goodpancakes posted:

Where Q2 emails gaben

Many are asking this

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

Just a note: that’s alright for most games, but remember it doesn’t have analog triggers, so it wouldn’t be ideal for racing games.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! Odd choice.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Goodpancakes posted:

Where Q2 emails gaben
As usual, I think their e-mails go out at 1pm Eastern, right? Everyone get ready to be disappointed.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

And on the 8bitdo Pro controller, which have both analog triggers and gyro, you still can't enable both at the same time with Steam input as far as I know. In Switch emulation mode you get the gyro but not the analog triggers since the Switch doesn't support analog triggers. In Xbox emulation mode you get the analog triggers but not the gyro since the Xbox doesn't support gyro.

DS4 and the PS5 controller don't have this limitation. Steam will enable both analog triggers and the gyro with them.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ColdPie posted:

Oh wow, I didn't know that! Odd choice.

I suspect size constraints for the joycons dictated that one but yeah, little irritating in the context of any back catalogue stuff that relied on the gamecube style partial/full clicks

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Could this be added to the OP? took me awhile to find this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That calculator says I wont get an e-mail today so it’s clearly wrong and trash.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Could this be added to the OP? took me awhile to find this.

Somehow I doubt this site is very accurate. It doesn't tap into some hidden information to tell you a more precise date or anything, and enough people have posted about it being off for them that I feel like it must be 90% speculation.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Somehow I doubt this site is very accurate. It doesn't tap into some hidden information to tell you a more precise date or anything, and enough people have posted about it being off for them that I feel like it must be 90% speculation.

It is not accurate.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It's smart speculation but it's not 90, it's 100% speculation.

It won't account for manufacturing delays and ramp ups though, so it's explicitly inaccurate.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

It's an estimate. A big part of the issue is supplies vary by part of the world you are in, and people were replying with info while not being told "this is just for x area of the world" so I think there's going to be mixes of stuff that's on average close but not correct.

As a 512 with mid May estimate in the US it's likely right but I'm still going to be checking around 1 PM each week :unsmith:

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDgOkT54Xrw

If anyone was curious, the new handhelds based on the Ryzen 6000 APUs that we will probably start seeing by the end of the year will end up being just barely more powerful than the steam deck while likely also costing 2-3x as much and being less efficient battery-wise.

Looks like the Steam Deck will be the best value proposition for some time to come.

Edit:
Totally unrelated, but holy poo poo Mechwarrior 5 works perfectly on the Steam deck, that's wild.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 4, 2022

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
https://twitter.com/OnDeck/status/1511019543803543556?s=20&t=hvHGGpf2eexFB6ua-KInWA

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Protocol7 posted:

Picked up a microSD card today, can't wait for disappointment Monday.

Called it :smith:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I GOT MINE
WOOOOO

512 GB with timestamp 1626455252

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not this week. Hopefully next week.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

MarcusSA posted:

Not this week. Hopefully next week.

I look forward to doing this once a week for the next three months.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That stupid estimated page says april 18th.

Order completed at Fri Jul 16 2021 10:14:04

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug
I just want to confirm that it is very easy to switch out the 64gb emmc with an 2203 m.2 SSD. I used a KIOXIA »KBG40ZNS512G« which I bought on sale last year for 59€. There is even a little metal sleeve on the emmc which can be reused as an EM shield for the SSD. I haven't had any issues with wireless connectivity afterwards which was a concern prior to launch when using 3rd party SSDs

Cantide fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 4, 2022

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Still waiting for my replacement deck to be sent out. The tracking shows it arrived at the European site Valve is using on Wednesday. I guess I'll try chasing up with Steam support if it doesn't ship tomorrow?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Where's my email

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Got my email! 512GB model, 1626455243 reserve time, aka 1:07:23 PM. You don't have to cancel your pre-orders anymore.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Veotax posted:

Still waiting for my replacement deck to be sent out. The tracking shows it arrived at the European site Valve is using on Wednesday. I guess I'll try chasing up with Steam support if it doesn't ship tomorrow?

My RMA was received last Wednesday (in the US) and they haven't shipped out my replacement yet either.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Got my email today. Reserve was at 10:15am for 256 US.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

FBS posted:

I look forward to doing this once a week for the next three months.

Sometimes twice a week! Which is nice so stuff moves faster, but not knowing what the other day to look is will be a it annoying if it's missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I got an email from Steam about games being on my wishlist, god I was stoked. lol

Given that people up to 15 minutes after preorder are getting their emails I don't think the wait will be too long for me since I ordered at 34 minutes after, but we'll see I guess.