Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

The women's stuff tonight in a nutshell:

Two tag teams have either split or are on their way to splitsville (Zelina and Carmella are no more, and Liv/Rhea wont be a thing after next week).

Bianca came out and cut a promo which while decent at first, went off the rails at the end and resulted in her getting booed. Dunno if it was because of the material (which came across as heelish), or because the audience was pissed there wasn't a return or debut (both Asuka and Bayley were trending on Twitter during and shortly after that segment).

Presuming they break up Rhea and Liv next week as it seems exceedingly obvious they are going to, I'm pretty sure the only women's tag team left in the WWE other than the champions is Shayna/Nattie, which has existed for one month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

That was the absolute worst post-mania RAW of all time. Which says a lot considering the pandemic era ones really sucked.

Oh come on, I can't remember the last time I laughed as much as I have at the last few pages of this thread.

I came for Cody, they delivered to start the show, then I tuned out. Best Raw I've watched live in a long time, and I only watched like 30 minutes of it!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Everything from Cody's quote about HHH to the promotional graphics and t-shirts to his Codyvator has come off like unintentional parody lmao.

It's like the concept of AEW having a heel and face tunnel and him rising up from between them is totally lost on them. They're just like "alright, he comes out of an elevator in the middle of the stage. Lets build a box!" lmao

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Codybox > Kip box

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

His music should begin with the Al Snow voiceover: "What does everybody want?"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Astro7x posted:

Oh come on, I can't remember the last time I laughed as much as I have at the last few pages of this thread.

I came for Cody, they delivered to start the show, then I tuned out. Best Raw I've watched live in a long time, and I only watched like 30 minutes of it!

It's like the concept of AEW having a heel and face tunnel and him rising up from between them is totally lost on them. They're just like "alright, he comes out of an elevator in the middle of the stage. Lets build a box!" lmao

At this point "totally lost on them" applies to Cody himself. A 4D reading of a glass onion.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Davros1 posted:

His music should begin with the Al Snow voiceover: "What does everybody want?"

But not “what does everybody need “

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CarlCX posted:

Presuming they break up Rhea and Liv next week as it seems exceedingly obvious they are going to, I'm pretty sure the only women's tag team left in the WWE other than the champions is Shayna/Nattie, which has existed for one month.

And the pool of women you can put together to form a team

Duodrop
Alexa
Dana
Nikki ASH
Tamina
Aliyah
Shotzi
Xia Li
Sonya

man it's dire

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Digital Jedi posted:

Duodrop
Alexa
Dana
Nikki ASH
Tamina
Aliyah
Shotzi
Xia Li
Sonya

man it's dire

Every single team that has held the titles has broken up as well

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

Duodrop
Alexa
Dana
Nikki ASH
Tamina
Aliyah
Shotzi
Xia Li
Sonya

man it's dire

DuodASH
Dana Alexa: A team
Tamina Aaliyah: A Team B
Xia Sonya: The Li Deville connection

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vandar posted:

ADRENALINE

IN MY SOUL

GOT MY HEAD STUCK

IN A HOLE

Thank you Cody for this glorious bounty of content :pray:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/iamthehuntsman/status/1511147346360422403?s=21&t=y7QFnv0rItRapWB923g2RQ

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

hahaha the cody cube

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1511153406697639937?t=AgYblKf3FGww6Wzps7yUKg&s=19

Sounds like Veer had a hot debut!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

cody rhodes

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
He doesn't look like Randy Savage, mission accomplished!

https://mobile.twitter.com/tribal_chef/status/1511144462046666753

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Game over? drat right I owe Veer!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

"young"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hope everyone played safe

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vandar posted:

ADRENALINE

IN MY SOUL

GOT MY HEAD STUCK

IN A HOLE

E:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Holy poo poo they had to put the Codyvator ON TOP of the stage in a box that he had to get into?????

:perfect:

All that now needs is a drawbridge creak sound effect louder than his Downstrait theme.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Veer had sexual intercourse with the Mysterio brothers and ejaculated semen on them

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jiro posted:

Holy poo poo they had to put the Codyvator ON TOP of the stage in a box that he had to get into?????

yeah lol

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Veer had sexual intercourse with the Mysterio brothers and ejaculated semen on them

It's true. I seent it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The Codybox is this generation's Sin Cara Trampoline

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Eat My Fuc posted:

least he didn't get it on a belt

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This gimmick would be great if they had Elias record a bunch of videos before shaving off the beard. Short videos talking about how proud he was of his brother that could be posted after a match.

But Vince probably came up with the idea a few hours before Raw and has already forgotten about it.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

So did Cody just talk about his dad? Nothing else? No one interrupted? Any goals?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He wants to win the title that Dusty failed to win in 1977, then Seth showed up in an awesome sparkly pink suit and shook his hand

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

So did Cody just talk about his dad? Nothing else? No one interrupted? Any goals?

He said Shawn Michaels name really weird

https://i.imgur.com/w63YaNE.mp4

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby: at WWE and absolutely everyone that thought they’d changed for the better this weekend. Idiots. Absolute fools

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Astro7x posted:

Jericho never used Judas in WWE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jaKq8bwVY

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looks like the theme song of nxt takeover chicago, to my rear end.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

:rubby: at WWE and absolutely everyone that thought they’d changed for the better this weekend. Idiots. Absolute fools

I'm still confused how you don't live the last two decades of WWE and not expect even good things to turn into something completely stupid.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Without Arn & The Glock, Cody immediately turns his head down during promos smh

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

what did bianca say that got booed?

i only saw the last 20 seconds of the promo and i thought it seemed good.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1a0E2E35mc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
So, forgetting the Codybox and Codyhead, was the actual Cody promo any good?