Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sereri posted:

Update has been submitted. Let's see how long it takes Google to send this out.

Sorry everyone

A free app I use every day where the devs respond immediately to bugs is NOT anything you should be apologizing for

It's something we should thank you for more often

THANK YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Yes, thank you!!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't want to know how long I spend in this app every day but its absolutely my most used app by a mile and has been for years

Donation button when?

Even just a 'premium' version that doesn't offer anything except buying you a beer

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Bloop posted:

A free app I use every day where the devs respond immediately to bugs is NOT anything you should be apologizing for

THANK YOU

Oh, I get it. It's because it's April Fool's.

Seriously, though, thank you!

tjones
May 13, 2005
Thank you to all that work on and make this app possible.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

I don't want to know how long I spend in this app every day but its absolutely my most used app by a mile and has been for years

Donation button when?

Even just a 'premium' version that doesn't offer anything except buying you a beer

I paid ten bucks for this site and by jove i'll do it for the app

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Someone mentioned once that there would have been an issue with taking donations and I don't remember anything else really except I think the one who would've had said issue was Lowtax? If so I'd bet :10bux: it's not something JoY would have an issue with, and if I won that bet I would donate my winnings.

Please devs take my money I beg you.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hey, after using this app got years and being extremely happy with it I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to bookmark certain Posts to read later? Finding random posts can be a hassle and this would be extremely helpful for that.

Thanks for your great work in any case!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The Bloop posted:

THANK YOU

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
When I tap to load D&D I actually load CSPAM. The label at the top of the page says it's Debate and Discussion, so it's wrong for sure.

Vice versa when I tap to load CSPAM, I actually load D&D. It too is incorrectly labeled at the top of the app.

I was very confused at first 😂

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

When I tap to load D&D I actually load CSPAM. The label at the top of the page says it's Debate and Discussion, so it's wrong for sure.

Vice versa when I tap to load CSPAM, I actually load D&D. It too is incorrectly labeled at the top of the app.

I was very confused at first 😂

They swapped names/images for April Fools, but the app caches the forum state, go to 'Settings' -> 'Forum Index' -> 'Force a forum update' to fix it

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Most of the threads are now working properly for me after the last update but I'm still seeing that same issue for this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847177&pagenumber=1025&perpage=40

It'll say there are new posts but when I look it's always the same vyelkin post.

Also thank you for creating and maintaining this app!!

vvv if you mean me, thank you!

run on sentience fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 3, 2022

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Absolutely love your username and am upset that I'm not that clever.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

I have today's update but now I can't seem to expand the user area in the leper's colony to see who gave the probe. everything else displays fine and I can expand to see user's titles while reading threads. I don't have any one on ignore

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

nashona posted:

I have today's update but now I can't seem to expand the user area in the leper's colony to see who gave the probe. everything else displays fine and I can expand to see user's titles while reading threads. I don't have any one on ignore

Same, I thought I was imagining things when I saw that earlier.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Oh yeah it is a great idea to say thanks for this thing I use constantly. It works like it is made by people who actually use it, which is about the highest compliment I have for an app.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Sincere thanks for my most used app

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

run on sentience posted:

Most of the threads are now working properly for me after the last update but I'm still seeing that same issue for this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847177&pagenumber=1025&perpage=40

It'll say there are new posts but when I look it's always the same vyelkin post.

Also thank you for creating and maintaining this app!!

vvv if you mean me, thank you!

Good find. Apparently a gif on that page had the remains of a [/timg] tag in the url and the parser just flipped its poo poo. I pushed a fix to the Beta testers, let's see if anyones phone explodes or if this can go live.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Thank you! Thread is working for me now and no explosions so far.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The ability to tap on a heading in the Leper's Colony to expand and see who entered a probe doesn't seem to be working for me

Or did I just imagine that was a feature?

nashona
May 8, 2014

nashona posted:

Got the latest update fixing gifs. Still have this issue.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

nashona posted:

Yeah I'm getting this too.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Thanks for making the app btw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The Bloop posted:

The ability to tap on a heading in the Leper's Colony to expand and see who entered a probe doesn't seem to be working for me

Or did I just imagine that was a feature?

please I will donate all of the gift certs possible to fix this it's ruining my ability to accurately track all of the dramatic ongoings

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Using a Redmi Note 10 Pro with latest Miui. When writing a reply, if I highlight some text by pressing and dragging then it causes the app to crash.

It restarts the app and there's no draft version saved. After the 3rd time it did that, Miui asked if I wanted to send them a crash log.

Edit - this happens just pressing down even if not selecting anything. Eg trying to paste a url is a pain.

https://giphy.com/gifs/iQQlE5TrHGiayqmPnV

Sad Panda fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Apr 5, 2022

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
Just before I complain, let me say thanks for the app. I've given it a lot of use.

Now, does anyone recognise this:

* Various pages show up blank. As in, the thread title is there, the controls and page numbers are there but the post area is just empty
* No clear pattern to the pages missing. All sorts of threads, sometime I can move forward from a non-blank page to a series of blank pages to a functional page again
* Refreshing the page does nothing. If it's missing, it's missing
* I flushed all the app data and logged in again. No change
* My adblocker etc aren't running
* This all started a few days ago
* Device is a Huawei Mediapad T5, system is up-to-date

Ideas?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Please make sure you have updated to the latest version

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I request a notification that pops up when you click a quote that takes you to a different thread. It's risky to post thinking you are in one forum when you are in another and it's not obvious the switch happens.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Vim Fuego posted:

I request a notification that pops up when you click a quote that takes you to a different thread. It's risky to post thinking you are in one forum when you are in another and it's not obvious the switch happens.

lol I second this one friend

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Sad Panda posted:

Using a Redmi Note 10 Pro with latest Miui. When writing a reply, if I highlight some text by pressing and dragging then it causes the app to crash.

It restarts the app and there's no draft version saved. After the 3rd time it did that, Miui asked if I wanted to send them a crash log.

Edit - this happens just pressing down even if not selecting anything. Eg trying to paste a url is a pain.

https://giphy.com/gifs/iQQlE5TrHGiayqmPnV

Did some more testing. This only comes up when replying to a message. If I'm reading a thread then I can select text to my heart's content. Try to do it while replying? Instant crash.

Is this a known bug? Is there some logging that I can turn on to help work out the cause?

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Sereri posted:

Please make sure you have updated to the latest version

You're right - all fine now. Thanks!

(Thought I had it set to auto-update, but turns out it's been failing silently for a while, due to running out of space on the device.)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Sad Panda posted:

Did some more testing. This only comes up when replying to a message. If I'm reading a thread then I can select text to my heart's content. Try to do it while replying? Instant crash.

Is this a known bug? Is there some logging that I can turn on to help work out the cause?

I didn't have time to check yet but fortunately you somehow bullied the bug tracking thing into sending me an email about it. Seems like your MIUI phone hates the BBcode button in the selection menu. I'm not yet sure how to fix that and more importantly how to check it works without getting it to you somehow but we'll figure something out.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

@Sad Panda please try if this change fixes your problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7m2ska9z7p85no/Awful-miui-fix.apk?dl=0

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Sereri posted:

Works just fine. 😊 Thanks for getting that fixed so quickly.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
If I click a quoted post that's in the same thread but on a previous page, I can no longer hit the back button to go back to where I was when I clicked, it just goes to my bookmarks

I think this was working until the latest update but not sure

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

This thread posted:

[5 days or so of copious praise for the app and its incredibly responsive devs]

Sereri posted:

I didn't have time to check yet but fortunately you somehow bullied the bug tracking thing into sending me an email about it. Seems like your MIUI phone hates the BBcode button in the selection menu. I'm not yet sure how to fix that and more importantly how to check it works without getting it to you somehow but we'll figure something out.

*~5 hrs later... *

Sereri posted:

Sad Panda posted:

Works just fine. 😊 Thanks for getting that fixed so quickly.

ok you're trying to take over the world by proving that you actually deserve to run it aren't you?

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Hipster_Doofus posted:

*~5 hrs later... *

ok you're trying to take over the world by proving that you actually deserve to run it aren't you?

I too was super impressed by that little sequence of events.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Is anyone else unable to zoom avs in BYOB threads?

Here's a BYOB thread you can click on to try it out.

handle
Jan 20, 2011

Has the latest version (3.8.13) made it out to your device? There's a fix for expanding avs that might also affect BYOB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nashona
May 8, 2014

yay the latest update also fixed the lepers colony issue! now I can continue to monitor my posting enemies