Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

everyone’s favourite promotion AEW hosed up plenty of debuting guys for weeks and sometimes months

It's the Rhodes!

The Rhodes!

And the Cody!

The Cody and the Rhodes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Man that Codyvator is sad.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody is telling the truth about not being interested in a match with Sting, he wants the true face of WCW: Goldberg.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

From now on Raw should always just have a static camera from this angle, giving it an isometric view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v9OBOu654w Raw Dark Match after Roman did gently caress all and left.

loving lol Kevin doing a Young Bucks pose.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He looks like Jason Mantzoukas went into witness protection.

Hahahahahahahahahaa

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

xbilkis posted:

Then you just come up with a new story? The AEW title stip created a bunch of storytelling hurdles (why would you ever put Cody over a guy in the title scene if you can’t pay it off? How do you keep people invested in Cody when he can’t be anything more than everyone’s favorite midcarder?); the WWE angle thus far is just normal character motivation

Which sadly makes him one of the most developed characters, motivation-wise, in WWE right now.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jiro posted:

From now on Raw should always just have a static camera from this angle, giving it an isometric view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v9OBOu654w Raw Dark Match after Roman did gently caress all and left.

loving lol Kevin doing a Young Bucks pose.

Fire Pro Mode

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
The head shot was funny. The promo was great. I am excited for more of a top 5 guy for me, Owens vs Cody as a first feud sounds great.

I support my guys and gals wherever they go and whatever they go through, highs and lows that’s what being a fan is for me and it’s a lot of fun.

If the next PREMIUM LIVE EVENT isn’t just rematches it could be very good with the talent they currently have in the title scene and this women’s division with people like Sasha/Naomi, Rhea, Becky and Bianca, i’d like to see Alexa more and Asuka soon though. Hopefully Ronda is gone for a long rear end time and they call up Io to feud with Charlotte or something as far as Smackdown goes

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Astro7x posted:

You need a stage to do those sort of entrances. Why the hell is there not a stage anymore?!?!

Nothing worse than getting those floor seats behind the announce desk, and then you cant' see poo poo during a wrestlers entrance.

How the gently caress does WWE look so low budget compared to AEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT7a0vEKo4A

Wow people really can't say WWE has the top production values anymore. Their Raw/Smackdown set up looks like something you'd seen at one of those fancy corporate convention centers. Just a flat big screen behind some guy wearing a lav mic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He looks like Jason Mantzoukas went into witness protection.

He loving wishes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Even ignoring the very funny Cody Cube, that stage is so boring. They’re supposed to have all the money!

The best way to make sure you have all the money is to stop spending the money.

(I like the giant video wall in concept, it's cool that wrestlers appear to just walk out of a vast and seemingly unbroken screen. But yeah, combined with the completely empty stage, it feels weirdly cheap.)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Per Meltzer Cody’s deal allows him to “do outside things”. Vague as usual with the Divorcee but we’ll see what that means maybe. More Rhodes to the top perhaps, or possibly wrestling. I know Danielson said WWE was going to let him do NJPW.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Per Meltzer Cody’s deal allows him to “do outside things”. Vague as usual with the Divorcee but we’ll see what that means maybe. More Rhodes to the top perhaps, or possibly wrestling. I know Danielson said WWE was going to let him do NJPW.

Davros1 posted:

Dave's reporting that Cody's contract allows him to do outside projects, so if TBS wants him back for The Go Big Show, he can do it.

Which probably explains that meeting this weekend with WWE talent where HHH told them they can do limited third party stuff now.

Cody's also filmed a pilot for a reality show about bourbons and other liquors.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

graph posted:

is it really the loving uwu belt

Undisputed
WWE
Universal

Belt

Coming soon to the Codyverse

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tony K and Billionaire Ted are pulling the plug on Rhodes to the top to make room for ASSess the Gunns

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Should just make it about Dustin. Hell, make the whole thing about Dustin deciding to go for the AEW World Title

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
WWF News/Views: Codyverse 2.0: Six More Weeks of Winter

Oh no he saw his shadow and went back into his den!

https://streamable.com/qwvam1

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JethroMcB posted:

The best way to make sure you have all the money is to stop spending the money.

(I like the giant video wall in concept, it's cool that wrestlers appear to just walk out of a vast and seemingly unbroken screen. But yeah, combined with the completely empty stage, it feels weirdly cheap.)

I also like the big screen. It's a different thing that not everyone else does, at least not at the same scale. I feel like I've seen Impact and GCW use a big video wall like that but obviously not on such a gigantic scale. In theory/concept, it's a really cool thing that they could do a lot of fun stuff with but most of the time it's just "BIG VIDEO" which still, at its base, looks kinda cool.

There's only so much reinventing you can do with a wrestling entrance and stage. The TitanTron/stage setup was the default for so many years that it can be hard to deviate from that too much.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Davros1 posted:

Cody out here constantly making poo poo better for wrestlers in every company, love to see it.

My post is about them scaling back their stupid limits on third party poo poo not Cody’s bourbon guy show.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Cody being the avatar of American toxic masculinity is wild stuff.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody out here constantly making poo poo better for wrestlers in every company, love to see it.

My post is about them scaling back their stupid limits on third party poo poo not Cody’s bourbon guy show.

Just admit you'd want to be in the audience when Cody and Emril are talking best bourbons for bourbon chicken, and of course which stogies will kick it up a notch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I, for one, will Wait and See what happens with Cody Rhodes.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Endless Mike posted:

I will wait and just get recaps of what happens with Cody.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’m probably not gonna watch any of this, if we’re being honest (IF we’re being honest)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
LOOKIT THIS DUDE
OH NO NO NO

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I'm trying to figure out what would be the funniest outcome for him.

1) He gets his wish and gets the WWE title, gets a Big E type run, loses it to a returning Brock Lesnar, and a month later finds himself jobbing to Madcap Moss in 90 seconds while WWE stans complain that AEW fans liked it when he lost to Brodie Lee and Malakai Black in squashes so why are they complaining now.

or

2) He really is playing some 4D chess, managed to get a Young Bucks-type of a six month opt out on his contract, managed to get the rights to his father's stuff, wins the WWE Title, then trashes it on RAW saying "This is for how you treated my dad!" then shows up on AEW two days later saying "Told you it was going to be a wild ride."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think he will wrestle matches for wwe and get paid lots

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Davros1 posted:

2) He really is playing some 4D chess, managed to get a Young Bucks-type of a six month opt out on his contract, managed to get the rights to his father's stuff, wins the WWE Title, then trashes it on RAW saying "This is for how you treated my dad!" then shows up on AEW two days later saying "Told you it was going to be a wild ride."

lol c'mon..

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he’ll be fine

everyone’s favourite promotion AEW hosed up plenty of debuting guys for weeks and sometimes months

trust the process!!!

The difference is AEW doesn't have two decades of constantly fighting against every good idea and screwing up behind it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

TheKingslayer posted:

Cody being the avatar of American toxic masculinity is wild stuff.

drinking whiskey and smoking cigars isn't toxic it's just performative and consumptive but also they're just things people can enjoy

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cigars are cool as hell

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Davros1 posted:

Should just make it about Dustin. Hell, make the whole thing about Dustin deciding to go for the AEW World Title

But is Dustin married to a beautiful but obnoxious poo poo stirrer?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

What's important is that since WWE has Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes back, all they need to do is look up Clem Layfield's whereabouts via Google and they can bring back the JBL and Cole Show.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

No, so that's why you make Nyla Rose his neighbor

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

not any more!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm sure USA and Fox are going to love promoting Rhodes to the top on TBS

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

drinking whiskey and smoking cigars isn't toxic it's just performative and consumptive but also they're just things people can enjoy

Correct. But when you wrap it in the winged American flag skull tattoo and things like that it gets a bit weird.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://twitter.com/TheBarrylad/status/1511304019129651202

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I'm sure USA and Fox are going to love promoting Rhodes to the top on TBS

tbf WarnerMedia are equally going to love promoting WWE in Rhodes To The Top