Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Joe Biden Signs Anti-Lynching Legislation: ‘Racial Hate a Persistent Problem

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists

quote:

They just can't let go of anything, can they? Now Charlottesville is back.. I hate this demented crap.
1 posted on 03/29/2022 6:17:50 PM PDT by ChicagoConservative27
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Smollett! :argh:

quote:

To: ChicagoConservative27

Just ask Jussie about how persistent this is.

2 posted on 03/29/2022 6:19:15 PM PDT by bhl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Black people murder others at huge rates compared to other races. Four of them dragged a woman to death in a car recently. Guess that doesn’t count because the victim is white?

3 posted on 03/29/2022 6:20:36 PM PDT by Trillian

quote:

Yes Biden’s new SCOTUS nominee is racist as hell.

6 posted on 03/29/2022 6:21:27 PM PDT by Vision (Elections are one day. Reject "Chicago" vote harvesting. Election Reform Now. Obama is an evildoer.)

quote:

Lawdy Yasss! Why you can’t hardly turn around without seeing Colored Folks hanging from trees…

7 posted on 03/29/2022 6:21:51 PM PDT by Max_850

quote:

Considering the last documented “lynching” in this country was over 4 decades ago, it is hard to imagine any legislation of lesser significance or importance.

10 posted on 03/29/2022 6:24:40 PM PDT by traderrob6

quote:

Biden said, referring to the 2017 protests. “Racial hate isn’t an old problem. It’s a persistent problem.”

I agree, and much of the racism, is directed at white people.

11 posted on 03/29/2022 6:28:16 PM PDT by Mark17 (Retired USAF air traffic controller. Father of a USAF pilot. USAF aviation runs in the family )

quote:

I wonder if that covers Whites caught in a riotous Black
crowd.

The normal laws don’t apply in those zones we have seen.

Why you can even declare portions of the U. S. to be your
own nation if you like these days.

Anything goes.

12 posted on 03/29/2022 6:32:19 PM PDT by DoughtyOne (I pledge allegiance to the flag of the U S of A, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands.)

:tinfoil:

quote:

Named for a guy who was murdered by Democrats 67 years ago.

Jussie Smollet hoax was done as support for this bill.

16 posted on 03/29/2022 6:43:29 PM PDT by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

“Isn’t lynching murder? Don’t we already have laws that punish this crime?”

Most murder, not all, is a state crime - not a federal crime.

This gives the federal government more authority to get federal police involved at the state and local level. This is the camel toe under the tent.

If murder is a federal crime, why not attempted murder? Why not aggravated assault? Why not racist criticism of the NFL?

Where is this going: the federalization of all local and state police. No more electing local sheriffs for any meaningful purpose.

Not today. Not tomorrow. But soon.

19 posted on 03/29/2022 6:47:47 PM PDT by jeffersondem
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Wallace! :argh:

quote:

And NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace. He is relieved to have such legislation on the books. Can't be too careful about rogue nooses all over the place.

28 posted on 03/29/2022 7:10:01 PM PDT by ProtectOurFreedom (“Sorry, I’m not a biologist.”)

quote:

To: bhl

OR BUBBA WALLACE & his NASCAR garage door “NOOSE”.

32 posted on 03/29/2022 7:28:21 PM PDT by ridesthemiles
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Jesus Christ, Freep!

quote:

To: TornadoAlley3

I would be in favor of this law had there been a loophole permitting same-race lynching.

33 posted on 03/29/2022 7:41:14 PM PDT by The Antiyuppie (When small men cast long shadows, then it is very late in the day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

quote:

Does this bill cover the recent calls to high-tech lynch Justice Clarence Thomas again?

Seems Democrats won’t be happy until that uppity negro swings.

34 posted on 03/29/2022 7:43:31 PM PDT by TigersEye (Is it time for a general strike yet?)

quote:

Racial hate is bad, but racial preferences and a protected class of citizens based on race are OK? Narrowing your choice for a Supreme Court justice nominee to a black woman is OK?

36 posted on 03/29/2022 8:50:48 PM PDT by windsorknot

quote:

So now, Jo Jo the Pedo Clown has made lynching illegal? Maybe he should try to make murder illegal next. That would really help cut the number of homicides in this country.

sarc/

38 posted on 03/29/2022 9:07:11 PM PDT by FlingWingFlyer (Don't blame me, I voted for President Trump. Let's Go Brandon! FJB!)

I said this already, but Jesus loving Christ, Freep!

quote:

IMHO CornPop is just making sure that this method of punishment is off the table for any of his administration when the conservatives ascend to power.

42 posted on 03/30/2022 2:45:24 AM PDT by ByteMercenary (Slo-Joe and KamalHo are not my leaders.)

quote:

That will not stop the American people from hanging you Joe.

44 posted on 03/30/2022 2:59:08 AM PDT by spincaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lmao I forgot about CornPop.

Nice to see a good ol' "DemonRats did the racisms" but they forgot the traditional "PS the Confederacy was good though"

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

moonmazed posted:

you couldn't pay me to watch a seth mcfarlane show

That's your loss friend.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

DaysBefore posted:

Season 2 is like full-on TNG, seriously there's barely any MacFarlane jokes. The first season yeah it's a lot more iffy.

yeah i'm sure he's just a peach when he's not spouting disgusting transphobia, homophobia, racism, and misogyny for laffs

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
Freep: This is the camel toe under the tent.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

moonmazed posted:

yeah i'm sure he's just a peach when he's not spouting disgusting transphobia, homophobia, racism, and misogyny for laffs

I'm not sure how much he's involved with Family Guy writing anymore, but The Orville has been pretty clean of anything like that, though there's some back and forth about the Mocklan Baby storyline....

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Neito posted:

I'm not sure how much he's involved with Family Guy writing anymore, but The Orville has been pretty clean of anything like that, though there's some back and forth about the Mocklan Baby storyline....

If anything, the Moclan society storylines are anti-conversion and pro-trans allegories. I'm not sure how one could in good faith see it as "back and forth" rather than one side of the argument is made by intolerant fuckheads who have no place in enlightened society, and in fact the show acknowledges this by saying that they're forced to accept the Moclans' bullshit because of the existential threat they can't fight without their arms industry.

I'll say it: Orville Season 2 is good TNG with just a little too heavy a finger on the comedy scale at times, and that occasionally excessive comedy is cheap jokes (a robot hanging around in a sleeveless t-shirt) rather than regressive jokes. MacFarlane has matured as a writer and producer.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Admiralty Flag posted:

If anything, the Moclan society storylines are anti-conversion and pro-trans allegories. I'm not sure how one could in good faith see it as "back and forth" rather than one side of the argument is made by intolerant fuckheads who have no place in enlightened society, and in fact the show acknowledges this by saying that they're forced to accept the Moclans' bullshit because of the existential threat they can't fight without their arms industry.

It's been a while since I've watched, I couldn't remember how well it was treated and remember some talk of it being less than respectful, so I hedged my bet.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I stopped watching The Orville when the cute Klingon lady left.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

I stopped watching The Orville when the cute Klingon lady left.

She comes back in the S2 finale.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The show then seemed to get shot into the ether because I have no idea what's going on with it, like if it's canceled or still going or what

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Neeksy posted:

The show then seemed to get shot into the ether because I have no idea what's going on with it, like if it's canceled or still going or what

Season 3 coming to Hulu soon.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Neeksy posted:

Covid delays. Also, one of the regular actors died in the interim time.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

cant cook creole bream posted:

Covid delays. Also, one of the regular actors died in the interim time.

and here i assumed it was because the Disney buyout of Fox also went down between then, too
but then again my sense of time is all hosed now

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Neeksy posted:

and here i assumed it was because the Disney buyout of Fox also went down between then, too
but then again my sense of time is all hosed now

It's that too, it's why season 3 is called New Horizons to skate around pre-existing contract agreements

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I just scanned through freep and it looks like there are hardly any threads about Ukraine, the few that I could find were started by Putin stans. I had the general Idea that Russia fans were still a minority on the site if a sizeable one, but it appears they are either a true majority there or are winning the day through the rest keeping silent on the topic.

Every thread started by the Putin stans does get opposition and response, but the pro Russia gang are the only ones posting threads it seems,.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Chuds love Putin, especially if it's Putin from 15 years ago where he's buff and so loving hot. They want the USA to be employing even more nazi PMCs and invading even more foreigners and shelling even more cities. GOP chuds absolutely use the Yedinaya Rossiya party platform where "nazis are bad, only us badasses can take them learn some history" and simultaneously "nazi isn't an ideology it's just anyone we don't like, but I know history and history says nazis are bad."

Trump's marketing as a politician is basically trying to be Vova.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
how is this site still around, is anyone from the beginning still alive?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
As far as we know JimRob is still alive, it's possible his sons could be Weekend at Bernie's-ing him to continue milking the users for money, but there's no proof of that.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

JimRob is just a dessicated corpse on a throne powered by Freepathons.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Twelve by Pies posted:

As far as we know JimRob is still alive, it's possible his sons could be Weekend at Bernie's-ing him to continue milking the users for money, but there's no proof of that.

Swap a couple letters and you get something he really loving needs to give to Satan

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

My understanding is that they're claiming it takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to run the site and it's constantly on the verge of collapse because of liberals, to host basically a text forum that there's no way takes more than a few hundred dollars a year to run.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was there any truth to lowtax’s claim that the forums here were expensive because they were made of junky old software and coded badly? I could see a site from the 90s not being as efficient as something built from the ground up today, but I don’t really know.

They can’t make that much money in those pledge drives, can they?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I AM GRANDO posted:

Was there any truth to lowtax’s claim that the forums here were expensive because they were made of junky old software and coded badly? I could see a site from the 90s not being as efficient as something built from the ground up today, but I don’t really know.

They can’t make that much money in those pledge drives, can they?

IIRC Jeff basically said "Nah, that's bullshit, SA makes enough from current sales alone to be solvent for years to come".

THe main advantage Freep (and SA) have is that they're not serving images. There's tech debt in the platform for sure, but processing for a forum is reletively cheap, text compresses well, and SELECT * FROM posts WHERE page == "571" is reletively cheap, even if you have to do it a few hundred times.

ETA: What was that one error message that Radium slapped in there that had Trees in it?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lowtax was literally jimrobbing goons for years. Are we so different from freep?

poo poo I hope we are.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We killed our creator, as all people should aspire to.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Freep still has the higher bodycount, as tiny toes lived after getting shot.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I AM GRANDO posted:

The holocaust museum shooter was one of theirs, don’t sell them short.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

The Puckins guy killed two people. I'm sure there are other goon murderers.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Neito posted:

IIRC Jeff basically said "Nah, that's bullshit, SA makes enough from current sales alone to be solvent for years to come".

THe main advantage Freep (and SA) have is that they're not serving images. There's tech debt in the platform for sure, but processing for a forum is reletively cheap, text compresses well, and SELECT * FROM posts WHERE page == "571" is reletively cheap, even if you have to do it a few hundred times.

ETA: What was that one error message that Radium slapped in there that had Trees in it?

Even at its worst SA was still paying for its own hosting costs yeah

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I AM GRANDO posted:

drat his luck.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Friendly reminder that they even have their budget published, which likely hasn't been updated in decades: https://freerepublic.com/donate/budget.

At some point FR moved to Linode as a hosting solution. JR begs for $88k a quarter for site maintenance and you would still have a large chunk of change leftover with even Linode's highest priced dedicated server. Double the number for disaster recovery and you're still sitting on a decent chunk of money. The "accounting" on their budget page indicates they're running at a deficit every month and just lol if you think JR is paying thousands of dollars out of pocket monthly to keep that site up.

If you scrutinize it for even a minute none of it holds up.

I remember years ago a freeper called JR out about these line items and then caught the zot in short order since, like with every other thing right wing, it's all a grift.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Management and admin 13500

LOL

Funny enough the management and admin and budget shortfalls are almost the same

Is freep running full communism for it's admin and mod staff and ensuring they are paid fair wages?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

quote:

Woo hoo!! And our 2nd QTR 2022 FReepathon is now underway!! [Thread V]

Posted on 04/05/2022 5:38:33 AM PDT by Jim Robinson

Prayers up.

FR is funded solely by contributions made by the liberty loving patriots who love and use it.

We are beholden to no political party.

No advertisers, no outsiders, no sugar daddies, no corporate string pullers.

Definitely no government subsidies or tax breaks. No 501c or other IRS non-profit status.

This means no commercial ads. No annoying pop-ups. No ad tracking. No mail campaigns. No spam. No third-parties -- not even the IRS -- trying to control what we do or say.

We are self-funded, fiercely independent and enjoy our freedom to speak plainly in the support of God, family, country, liberty!!

But we cannot exist without you.

Every donation counts no matter how big or small. If you can donate $5, $10, $20, $100 or more, it would be greatly appreciated.

Your loyal support makes Free Republic possible and your continuing participation makes FR the number one pro-God, pro-life, pro-family, pro-small government, pro-defense, pro-America conservative forum on the Net!!

And we're going to need FR now more than ever to combat the current crop of Marxists and progressives who have infested our government and public institutions and who are dead set on destroying the final remnants of our cherished constitution and our precious God-given liberty!!

Click here: to donate by PayPal

Or here: to donate by Credit Card

Or by mail to: Free Republic, LLC - PO Box 9771 - Fresno, CA 93794

Make it a Monthly if you can. We have some very generous FReeper sponsors kicking in an extra ten bucks for every New Monthly signed up.

Or send in a hundred dollars or more per quarter and join I_be_tc's growing list of 300 Club patriots. I_be_tc sends in $100 per quarter and challenges 300 others to do the same. If we could get 300 FReepers to send in $100 per quarter, these FReepathons would complete much faster. And we have received 10 donations of $100 or more so far this quarter!!

Thank you very much and God bless you.

"Prayers up! Click here to donate!"-Jesus Christ

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I remember an interview with one of the early Freepers talking about how no one expected the first fund raising effort to bring in like $100K or something, they were kind of blown away and they just kept doing it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"Prayers up" is such a creepy phrase because you know it was meant to mirror the phrase "guns up". It makes the act of prayer into a militant act which is gross but very on brand for freep.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What else would a prayer warrior be?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Maybe I watched too much Star Trek but I always hear it in Patrick Stewart's voice, like "Shields up!"

Mr Worf lock sacraments, target their engines

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 6, 2022

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Twelve by Pies posted:

:lol: i could 100% convince myself that JR is at this point actually just a collection of cron jobs posting from a template. freepathon threads are the only reliable heartbeat we get since it's the only place he posts outside of dictating which conservative the forum should fawn over.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

https://freerepublic.com/tag/freepathon/index it's the same post for every thread JR is the OP :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You have to have your prayer buffs up to get more money of course, the totally not blasphemous new style miracles which add a percentage increase to dollars received in any given transaction!