Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Martman posted:

If the other players (including healer) are doing crappy DPS then the packs will just take too long and you'll start to get worn down, maybe that's been causing you trouble.

They're rolling 3DPS so it could be that.

The double pull here in this person's 1-3 Stigma Dreamscape barely even gets to a second Bloodwhetting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1agAhJL7oF0&t=280s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

hazardousmouse posted:

Last night, I had an enemy warrior leap off a ledge, holmgang me in mid air, drag me with him where his waiting party gleefully murdered me

poo poo I wish I could be that cool.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
My WAR EXDR trash pattern is:

1. Sprint before entering combat to get the 20s version.
2. Overpower and Orogeny on the first pack; if one isn't glued to you, Provoke and keep moving. If you missed two, hold a second for a Mythril Tempest.
3. Gap close and Mythril Tempest pack two. No cooldowns immediately, eyes glued to healthbar.
4. (Optional) If you've got a WHM on the ball with Holy (preferably swiftcasting) you can relax a bit.
5. Pop Bloodwhetting when your health gets spicy, late as you can in the oGCD window so you get four GCDs with it. You're now in Quad Benediction mode.
6. When Bloodwhetting fades, pop some cooldowns at full health. If it's the first pair of trash packs I hit Vengeance and Reprisal together, second pair gets Rampart and Arm's Length. I am aware stacking defensive cooldowns has slightly diminishing returns, but the pack will be neutered around the time the second Bloodwhetting comes around so it's use it or lose it.
7. Hit Equilibrium whenever it seems useful. This should enable you to last to...
8. Bloodwhetting, part 2. Hit it on cooldown even if at full health so it's off CD for the next trash packs.

I save Thrill of Battle and Holmgang just in case. I've never done a healer-less run but I assume with three DPS stuff dies even faster.

My rational for combining Vengeance and Reprisal for the first pair: Reprisal is a bit weaker than most but should come off cooldown for the second pair if needed. Vengeance is a shorter-but-strong cooldown, and DPS should have a fair number of cooldowns to blow on the first trash so they're not going to last as long as the second pair.

Bosses: Bosses can't kill you, just dump Nascent Flash on whatever DPS needs topped up, usually ranged/casters since melee should remember they have Bloodbath.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Whenever I try to be pro and announce in advance to let me get close to dying and I'll just invuln on a trash pack the healer never listens

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/feyhound/status/1511141772348440579?s=20&t=PgUuEX_mc89f9pSz8BBvtQ

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Bit late for BLM chat, but I wasn't at my computer and couldn't remember if I ever posted this here.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Posting here because people might be unsubbed but still read the thread.

Third Party Tools is organizing people for the Ishgard Housing Lottery that happens next Tuesday. We're doing well on money but need more people to help out. You need to have been in TPT for a month as of patch day, so this is a great chance for returning members to help out, if you're also coming back for 6.1

We're also going to try to get EMC in the same ward, but their efforts are more modest.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/rubberninja/status/1511621454185787394?s=21&t=c_3UZ7xIFOIglCcfZ1sT_Q

Lol

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:douche: but its job quests.

To make this less of a shitpost, I had my first encounter with mathbot last night, and I don't know if I'm more surprised that people were getting it right or wrong in the calculation phase.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 6, 2022

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Warmachine posted:

To make this less of a shitpost, I had my first encounter with mathbot last night, and I don't know if I'm more surprised that people were getting it right or wrong in the calculation phase.

mathbot was how I learned that 1 was in fact not a prime number.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Our math teachers warned us we'd need to know this stuff.

Little did we know just where we'd need it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OhFunny posted:

Our math teachers warned us we'd need to know this stuff.

Little did we know just where we'd need it.

Can't wait until cursive ends up in a raid.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Kevsop posted:

Posting here because people might be unsubbed but still read the thread.

Third Party Tools is organizing people for the Ishgard Housing Lottery that happens next Tuesday. We're doing well on money but need more people to help out. You need to have been in TPT for a month as of patch day, so this is a great chance for returning members to help out, if you're also coming back for 6.1

We're also going to try to get EMC in the same ward, but their efforts are more modest.

Is the plan to move the FC house or something? Kinda sad because I liked the current location. I can’t really contribute funds as I don’t have much money but I can provide a body.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I still miss TPT's beachside house in Limsa.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Warmachine posted:

My first encounter with mathbot was a travesty because, for the first four or five years of the game, I had never needed to pay attention to the actual number under my hp bar. Peripheral vision says the bar is full so I must be fine. :downs:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Leal posted:

Can't wait until cursive ends up in a raid.

Mathbot 2: Handing out correct change

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When do we get the substitute mathbot that just rolls in the TV and has us watch Bill Nye?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ok, so despite being practically speaking the same thing, the Collectables Exchange interface is INFINITELY more fluid than the Firmament turnins.

Clicking the "Trade" button for the highlighted collectables vs. using the "Hand In" interface. Firmament came after Collectables right? :wtc:

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Not after the collectibles revamp.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

SettingSun posted:

No one got pissy when we stood on our beach wall, unlike certain current neighbors.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SettingSun posted:

The wall and the invisible holiday music line were big parts of the TPT experience.

"No Papa-ya in the house!"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

When do we get the substitute mathbot that just rolls in the TV and has us watch Bill Nye?

The mechanics involve building simple molecules to block attacks. He's slow casting Flare IV? Better have people grab two H and an O before he finishes!

Wait they grabbed two H and TWO O? :supaburn:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Black Stones posted:

Is the plan to move the FC house or something? Kinda sad because I liked the current location. I can’t really contribute funds as I don’t have much money but I can provide a body.

We need bodies more than money anyway. If you're going to be able to help there's more details in the TPT discord.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Thundarr posted:

The mechanics involve building simple molecules to block attacks. He's slow casting Flare IV? Better have people grab two H and an O before he finishes!

Wait they grabbed two H and TWO O? :supaburn:

Complete this simple circuit diagram. Make sure to put the resistors in the right locations to minimize damage!

(As a certified math nerd, I am still shocked that people can't add two single-digit numbers together to get a multiple of a third, single digit number or a prime)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The biggest point of confusion for mathbot is that you look at your HP bar, not a buff with a number in it

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

derra posted:

Complete this simple circuit diagram. Make sure to put the resistors in the right locations to minimize damage!

Oh god you're giving me flashbacks to high school where we had a subject dedicated just to that (and I took it since for university entrance exams it was worth a lot for CS)

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

cheetah7071 posted:

The biggest point of confusion for mathbot is that you look at your HP bar, not a buff with a number in it

My first time I handles it ok and then stopped paying attention before realizing too late you need to do it twice in a row

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

derra posted:

(As a certified math nerd, I am still shocked that people can't add two single-digit numbers together to get a multiple of a third, single digit number or a prime)

Quick! You have a buff of a certain color, stand in the correct order to match a resistor of the correct value!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm ok at doing math in my head but I can't do mathbot. If it was more like "divide x by y and stand on the answer" I could do that, but take your health and add a number and you've lost me already

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

The real math challenge in this game is trying to finagle a Plus capture in Triple Triad.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kazy posted:

Quick! You have a buff of a certain color, stand in the correct order to match a resistor of the correct value!

BZzt calibrate resistors to 2200 ohms

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

what's the point of purple scrip gear? It seems so easy to blow past its minor statistical advantage by melding even one materia to each piece of crafted.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Valentin posted:

what's the point of purple scrip gear? It seems so easy to blow past its minor statistical advantage by melding even one materia to each piece of crafted.

It's an easy option to put on a gathering retainer. Well, that's about it

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Valentin posted:

Glams.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro

The Black Stones posted:

Yes, we are trying to move mostly because if we fail the lottery its the same as opting to remain in the same place.

We have a healthy amount of people willing to help, but we still need more people to assist by doing donating their lottery chance. We are still good on money, so we'll hand you that.

I sent you a discord message.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thundarr posted:

My first encounter with mathbot was a travesty because, for the first four or five years of the game, I had never needed to pay attention to the actual number under my hp bar. Peripheral vision says the bar is full so I must be fine. :downs:

Yeah, my first run was "WHERE'S THE NUMBER? YOU SAID THERE"S A NUMBER TO LOOK AT!" *dead*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bagrada posted:

Mathbot 2: Handing out correct change

Mathbot 2 is basic addition but it's done with chunking and all the old raiders fail.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

HackensackBackpack posted:

The real math challenge in this game is trying to finagle a Plus capture in Triple Triad.

Somehow every npc that uses Plus can galaxy brain their way into a final play Plus cascade to come from behind and win and I'm a little salty that I've never been able to gain that power for myself!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Mathbot is just a dumb gotcha boss and a boring waste of time after realizing/being told the gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mathbot rules