Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Killingyouguy! posted:

The worst part of that recipe is the phrase 'blended food drink'

I routinely refer to american cheese as "American style pasteurized processed cheese food product" and now I'm gonna have to work "blended" and "drink" in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Killingyouguy! posted:

The worst part of that recipe is the phrase 'blended food drink'

No, the worst part is the olive oil.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

No, the worst part is that the Hague has yet to be informed.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Alhazred posted:

No, the worst part is the olive oil.

I meant the 7up milk but now I want to add some healthy fats to my 7up milk blended food drink

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A small trick to get kids to eat something they dont like that you might've known about: Add a ton of sugar!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Freudian posted:

No, the worst part is that the Hague has yet to be informed.

American citizens are involved, so nobody will ever be tried.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Killingyouguy! posted:

I meant the 7up milk but now I want to add some healthy fats to my 7up milk blended food drink

I tried the 7up milk today. It was like chugging semen with none of the fun beforehand. Would have been better with an egg. Or some butter. Or a potato, something to break up the monotony.

I have never had a drink that more thoroughly encapsulated the feeling I get when I picture middle-class white suburban families.

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014
I didn’t realize 7up and Milk had such a wide cultural appreciation.

https://www.eater.com/2017/6/20/15793584/doodh-soda-doodh-7up-milk-pakistan

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Dareon posted:

I tried the 7up milk today. It was like chugging semen with none of the fun beforehand. Would have been better with an egg. Or some butter. Or a potato, something to break up the monotony.

I have never had a drink that more thoroughly encapsulated the feeling I get when I picture middle-class white suburban families.
The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): I'm existing just for listing!!! > PYF Stupid Lifehacks: like chugging semen with none of the fun beforehand

It's been many years since I had Calpis the one time I was in Japan, but I do remember liking it. Not to the point where I've tried to search it out since, but maybe I should check if any of the Asian grocery stores in town has it for a price that isn't dumb.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://youtu.be/k7lkqYuAkQ8

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Out of squash? No beer in the house? Simply make Squash Italian style by mixing 1 part olive oil with 4 parts water.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

https://snactiv.life/?fbclid=IwAR0tqFm1LJ9Qq7fkLanQkjaOel8NkyyMDXoBm5mkKgTs4LC-qQPXMRrBqgk

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

What the hell kind of link is 'snactiv.life'. Am I gonna get a virus

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Killingyouguy! posted:

What the hell kind of link is 'snactiv.life'. Am I gonna get a virus

A company that makes finger chopsticks

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Finally, children's chopsticks for adults.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

zedprime posted:

Finally, children's chopsticks for adults.

:lmao:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Infinitum posted:

:laffo: it was also more expensive to back it, than it is just to preorder it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/snactiv/snactiv

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

quote:

Next time you’re at the Olive Garden, just whip out your Snactiv case and watch your date’s jaw DROP.

This would definitely happen, but not for the reasons they think

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scientastic posted:

This would definitely happen, but not for the reasons they think

Olive Garden serves Radithor?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Olive Garden serves Radithor?

It's Olive Garden. They'll serve anybody.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I wasn't able to find this one on their YouTube channel. But I found a five minute craft that has a safety warning on it

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3110564005893747

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
pads are way too loving expensive to waste them on lifehacks, good lord

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Except for the emergency bandage thing. I have done that and it works really well.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That's literally what pads were invented for.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

rydiafan posted:

That's literally what pads were invented for.

I think that's a myth, along with the same one about tampons. Bloody bullet wounds generate way more blood than a period. I saw a video where a tampon was used on a mock bleeding torso and it was about as useful as not bandaging it at all.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just double checked, and it's not really a myth but it is kind of backwards.

Kotex didn't start out making bandages for the war, they started out making sanitary pads using leftover bandages from the war.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Learned a new life hack this morning: if you don't like Kroger brand zero-sugar ginger ale, drink a bunch of booze until you pass out. You will wake up craving this poo poo. And other fluids.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

I think that's a myth, along with the same one about tampons. Bloody bullet wounds generate way more blood than a period. I saw a video where a tampon was used on a mock bleeding torso and it was about as useful as not bandaging it at all.

Not only that, but a tampon's job is to absorb. You don't want it absorbing blood that you're trying to keep IN the body. You'll notice you hear this myth mostly from tacticool clowns.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Weren't bandages and old timey pads from the early 20th century both made of cotton gauze? Not so much that one was made from the other, but that with the rise of Hygiene both disposable bandages and disposable pads both made of gauze were developed at about the same time?

As for using a modern pad as a bandage when you don't have any bandages, it does have the advantage of being clean and lint free. Not sterile, but clean. Pads are usually stored in the package and often individually wrapped, so they will often be the cleanest absorbent thing in the house. So if you're going to use a towel or random fabric as a temporary bandage, putting a pad over the wound first will help keep out the lint, dog hair, and whatever other random crap is on the fabric.

Still that's more a factor when you've cut yourself badly enough that you need to go get stitches and don't want to get blood all over the car. If you've nicked a major blood vessel and are in danger of bleeding out you don't need an improvised bandage at all, you need to stay still and keep pressure on the wound.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

A video of the oldie-but-goodie variety, with some reasonable hacks and a lot more that are pretty dumb. It also changes into a "fun with concrete" video halfway through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFhKEI9knps

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Thank God for Home Kinks, I could barely move for hat racks in my home before reading their magazine.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
totally forgot about this but I could only watch half of this the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfqWA0rvALQ

hot glue is not load bearing!!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

moist turtleneck posted:

totally forgot about this but I could only watch half of this the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfqWA0rvALQ

hot glue is not load bearing!!

"So this next one is for anyone who's been in need of an outdoor hook that lights up"

Wow. What a universal and common need. How relatable.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I want to see the inside of this to see if the whole thing is just using normal things for their intended purpose like is portrayed on the cover.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Kind of a stupid lifehack I just discovered:

If you want to create strife and civil wars within religious Facebook groups, just join one and ask if God loves trans people. By the end of the day there will be so much infighting that many people will leave the group, many people will be banned from the group, and the group will after a few days, dissolve.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

credburn posted:

Kind of a stupid lifehack I just discovered:

If you want to create strife and civil wars within religious Facebook groups, just join one and ask if God loves trans people. By the end of the day there will be so much infighting that many people will leave the group, many people will be banned from the group, and the group will after a few days, dissolve.
The chad John 1:17 NIV enjoyer
E: the image I saw may have actually been a tumblr hoax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS