Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Why is AEW booking venues that are to scale for this audience a bad thing? Would they rather AEW rent out 100,000 seat stadiums that are 90% empty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Cult of Pies posted:

In reply to "Are social media bots responsible for anti-AEW sentiment online?"

So, yes.

the "ratings are stagnant" talking point sure seems like one that has proliferated organically

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

"Ratings are STAGNANT" cry superfans of a show whose ratings have been declining for 20 straight years

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021
Stagnant = bad
Consistent = good

They are controlling the narrative.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
they're all so desperate to bury the competition that they just make poo poo up lmao

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Now combine this with their belief that Mox wants to go back to WWE and you have tomorrow's tweets.

Yeah you're right this is gonna be a great weekend for this thread

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/ImGonnaDJ24/status/1512625964177674241
https://twitter.com/hbkid718/status/1512625206862532611

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol dorks

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’m so glad AEW does stuff like this. It’s refreshing after years of wwe “hardcore” matches where the wildest thing is a chair shot to the back.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I understand being adverse to blood, but that blade job made that match even more insane.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

RandolphCarter posted:

I understand being adverse to blood, but that blade job made that match even more insane.

I have to agree that AEW is over using blood lately but as the match went on I totally agree that the blood made it way better.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
AEW should have more blood

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's impossible to overuse blood, because it's always cool. Much like it is impossible to overdo "spots" in a match because spots are cool

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Blood rules it’s like the safest thing these lunatics do and adds so much

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

xbilkis posted:

It's impossible to overuse blood, because it's always cool. Much like it is impossible to overdo "spots" in a match because spots are cool

But much like pops, people only have so much blood. What'll happen if they run out :ohdear:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Overbooking is a thing and I think Yuta/Mox came close but didn't cross the line. You kinda have to do stuff like that sometimes especially when the intent is to make a new star

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Love it when people who definitely think the era of wrestling where wrestlers were taking a dozen unprotected chair shots to the head every week is the greatest era in the history of wrestling suddenly getting super concerned about wrestlers bleeding

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/namanjain_101/status/1512621010729639936
https://twitter.com/namanjain_101/status/1512635671634059266

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

“how is anyone going to know how to react?” as an entire arena reacts correctly

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ajwarda/status/1512652044880035845

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Yeah, the "Who's House?" right before the finish got a huge reaction tonight.

I kind of agree about not needing to have blood on every show, but Yuta bleeding tonight was necessary to the story of the match.

Also lol at "Ewww, it's icky and gross" meanwhile Seth pries Rey's eyeball out of his head.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

sorry MRT but AJ is right

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I am so consistently baffled by people who think a little nick on the forehead is somehow extremely dangerous. Like if I had to choose between doing a tope over the ropes or nicking my head and holding my breath for a min I'm choosing the cut, its like one of the safest things in wrestling lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Standing here outraged that Yuta would do a major bladejob to earn the respect of Jon "I don't respect people until I bleed with them" Moxley

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Standing here outraged that Yuta would do a major bladejob to earn the respect of Jon "I don't respect people until I bleed with them" Moxley

I've really started to sympathise with WWE feeling the need to drill everything into their fans' heads. Maybe once they cut Michael Cole loose, AEW should hire him to provide an alternative commentary track where he repeats the key story beats over and over again. "Jon Moxley has said he doesn't respect people unless they bleed with him and Wheeler Yuta is earning that respect tonight on Rampage" over and over again to his broadcast partner

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think something should be done about people trolling on twitter and then posting it here as a means of stimulation. it's practically importing off-site drama, which is a serious offense. beyond that, as you can see a few posts above, the trolling often catches real goons who paid their $10 to be respected.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I am so consistently baffled by people who think a little nick on the forehead is somehow extremely dangerous. Like if I had to choose between doing a tope over the ropes or nicking my head and holding my breath for a min I'm choosing the cut, its like one of the safest things in wrestling lmao

it's not hard.

They don't care about the what they care about the who

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

i think something should be done about people trolling on twitter and then posting it here as a means of stimulation. it's practically importing off-site drama, which is a serious offense. beyond that, as you can see a few posts above, the trolling often catches real goons who paid their $10 to be respected.

Counterpoint: it's really loving funny

Edit: For example I'm not sure this is a troll, but its funny either way

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPaul/status/1512645042829156353?t=aQOLP_-0tZZD_dGrlhyfag&s=19

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 9, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OK, that's a really good one.

I wish the UFC had more flips

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Counterpoint: it's really loving funny

Edit: For example I'm not sure this is a troll, but its funny either way

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPaul/status/1512645042829156353?t=aQOLP_-0tZZD_dGrlhyfag&s=19

The tweet that misspells AEW isn't a troll and I can't tell if the reply about UFC is one. mongo ebooks gets posted here all the time for horrible opinions. but does that Benjamin person have an account?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Feel like the most dangerous part of blading(assuming you've been taught to do it correctly) is potentially getting woozy if you're a heavy bleeder and loving up one of the numerous basic moves that can actually injure you, but even then idk if it's enough blood loss to cause something like that

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I was talking about the UFC tweet I know @mongo_ebooks is always completely legitimate about their posting.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oops double post

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Fair enough. I don't mind general trolling. Just don't try to fool me and my friends.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
*sees Big E nearly get killed or crippled on Smackdown* "Oh well, accidents happen :shrug:"

*sees Yuta bleeding during a match* "BAN THIS SICK FILTH! :mad:"

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I mean we did have the fool arguing that blading was more dangerous than a concussion a few weeks ago

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

*chops* are more dangerous than concussions

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The only thing that can defeat a concussion is another, bigger, concussion.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Feel like the most dangerous part of blading(assuming you've been taught to do it correctly) is potentially getting woozy if you're a heavy bleeder and loving up one of the numerous basic moves that can actually injure you, but even then idk if it's enough blood loss to cause something like that

Keep in mind that when people donate blood, they give about a pint in around ten minutes, and they have you sit there for a minute and offer you orange juice or a cookie or whatever just in case, but most people don’t really feel any different.

It’s hard to tell how much a guy is losing when it’s splattered all over him and the mat but I doubt Yoots squeezed out much more than a pint last night. Now it might hit a lot harder because they’re doing heavy physical activity but I still feel like unless they’re squeamish about blood and that makes them woozy, it’s probably not that much of a factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Also hepatitis