Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fun facts about Ludwig Borga, real name Tony Halme:

- After his WWF run he returned to Finland where he was a bad professional boxer
- He also joined a right wing party, the True Finns, and ran for parliament on an openly racist and bigoted platform
- He released an autobiography which included a few hundred pages of STDH fan fic about him beating up scores of black people in Spanish and Italian cities after he interrupted them trying to rob or rape decent god-fearing white people
- He had an SS tattoo on his calf, even during his WWF days. They just made him wear tape over it.
- He beat up his partners and ultimately shot himself to death with an illegal gun

If he'd lived he would've been a nailed on WWE hall of famer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Butch has fallen off the cliff so hard that nobody is talking about him losing his debut match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's no losing harder than becoming Butch

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

There's no losing harder than becoming Butch

Genuinely read this as "There's no losing harder than becoming British" and I agree.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Genuinely read this as "There's no losing harder than becoming British" and I agree.

This is also true

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lmao of course the Miz is Cody's first feud.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now now maybe this is just a one-time match to establish Cody's credentials before the story moves ahahahahahaha no I can't go on

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It would either be the Miz or Kane and the latter is too busy murdering his constituents in Tennessee.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

WrestleMania Backlash: Cody beats Miz by countout
Hell in a Cell: Miz forced to wrestle in a cage, beats Cody with help from Maryse who's under the ring
Money in the Bank: Mixed tag, Cody/Brandi go over after 15 heatless minutes, Cody gets on the mic and asks for a real challenger for SummerSlam, HERE COMES THE MONEYYYY HERE COMES THE MONEY, MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

All the while,

Seams posted:

It’s Cody vs Miz because they’re gonna have Miz cut a bunch of cringe promos about AEW

You're a CON, Cody Rhodes! You aren't ELITE like me! You've been in the JUNGLE too long!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

SalTheBard posted:

For the last few years I've been keeping track of match times, average star ratings, etc of Wrestle Kingdom and Wrestlemania and then comparing them. Now that Meltzers star ratings are out for WM I can show off my work:

Meanwhile AEW Revolution total amount of wrestling: 2:41:05 (69%) with an average star rating of 4.08

(a bit less if you include the pre-show)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They're just trying to redo the Cody/MJF feud in WWE!

KungFu Grip posted:

Raquel Gonzalez is now Raquel Rodriguez for people that wanna keep track

This must be some really petty poo poo... it must have been too close to her real name of Victoria González or something and they don't want her taking that name elsewhere when they fire her

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fun facts about Ludwig Borga, real name Tony Halme:

- After his WWF run he returned to Finland where he was a bad professional boxer
- He also joined a right wing party, the True Finns, and ran for parliament on an openly racist and bigoted platform
- He released an autobiography which included a few hundred pages of STDH fan fic about him beating up scores of black people in Spanish and Italian cities after he interrupted them trying to rob or rape decent god-fearing white people
- He had an SS tattoo on his calf, even during his WWF days. They just made him wear tape over it.
- He beat up his partners and ultimately shot himself to death with an illegal gun

If he'd lived he would've been a nailed on WWE hall of famer.

- When I was a little kid I had to do a big school project on another country and I picked Finland because that was where Ludwig Borga was from and I thought he was a badass.

Wrestlers are so odd.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
The Miz IS this generation's 1-2-3, kid. If you can't hang with the Miz you're out of here, baby.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

uhhhhh

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

She is very well liked backstage

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

where's snitsky when you need him

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

The Miz IS this generation's 1-2-3, kid. If you can't hang with the Miz you're out of here, baby.

This would explain far too much of how they perceive talent.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Lacey “Pitbull” Evans

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I give it all away

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 9, 2022

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I give it all away

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Astro7x posted:

They're just trying to redo the Cody/MJF feud in WWE!

This must be some really petty poo poo... it must have been too close to her real name of Victoria González or something and they don't want her taking that name elsewhere when they fire her

I heard it's because they had heat with her father, Giant.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

She's about to slam that baby

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/goblinlizard/status/1512728958097309699?s=20&t=P-YjNhHDssrFnuW8OtZJ2g

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
the only element of this whole angle I'm interested in is how cody responds to being booed by a brand new audience (and one less willing to put up with his poo poo)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DownstaitBand/status/1512802548327067648

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Maybe we were all being too conservative in our thinking that Vince would have Cody put on the Stardust facepaint by this time next year :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's probably just the jacket but it almost looks like they photoshopped his shoulders wider lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the poster should only have cody

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the poster should only have cody's head, peeking out from inside his little box

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Just saw that Cody's first match back on raw is with the Miz.

:lol: just :lol::

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm not ruling this out considering how quickly they caught on to everyone making fun of Nia's hole on twitter and promptly drove it into the ground because they wanted to be in on the joke too.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Miching Mallecho posted:

It's been a little over a week and already Cody's WWE return is the unmitigated disaster success many of us expected it to be

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Cody's quest for the title is going to face roman eventually, and i can't see Cody winning

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Don't spend that $40 all at once guys.

Miching Mallecho posted:

This Miz is like X Pac back in the day, except the test isn't that if X-Pac can't have a good match with you nobody can, it's if you can have a good match with the Miz you can have a good match with anybody.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Obviously the Miz is the Miz but it seems like in WWE-land he’s treated about as well as any upper midcard act could be if you only factor in the very specific curve you have to grade the show on to land on anything beyond dogshit awful?

Seems like a pretty normal first feud to me, I’ll save my lols for when he’s appearing solely in backstage skits chasing that sweet 24/7 title. So like, June.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Miching Mallecho posted:

I'm starting to believe Tony's bot theory cause I've seen way too many people excited for this match online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

gotta be honest, he's facing the miz way faster than I expected lol