Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'm less excited about this season than any in recent memory. They've been hitting pretty well with the last few and this one just doesn't sound exciting at all. It won't impact leveling at all, one of my favorite parts of seasons and it doesn't sound like a very fun game mode, either. At least the conquests are dead easy. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I'd like to play this again on console, but I only have a digital console, why the F is this still 60 for a PS4 code.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Suburban Dad posted:

I'm less excited about this season than any in recent memory. They've been hitting pretty well with the last few and this one just doesn't sound exciting at all. It won't impact leveling at all, one of my favorite parts of seasons and it doesn't sound like a very fun game mode, either. At least the conquests are dead easy. :geno:

Yeah after Ethereals and shards I kinda need that extra juice.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I made the mistake of playing every single class to the grift 100s during the ethereal weapon season, so I’m burnt out on Diablo 3 for at least another year. I generally like to only play one or two classes each season so I can rotate in some variety.

But on the plus side: I’ve got all 21 ethereal transmogs I’ll never use.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

chaosapiant posted:

I made the mistake of playing every single class to the grift 100s during the ethereal weapon season, so I’m burnt out on Diablo 3 for at least another year. I generally like to only play one or two classes each season so I can rotate in some variety.

But on the plus side: I’ve got all 21 ethereal transmogs I’ll never use.

Good thing d2r season starts a couple weeks after.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

Considering how much I played the original D2 not only back in the day, but also literally like a year before, I'm honestly surprised how I bounced off from D2R during the open beta and didn't bother buying it. The D3 loot system (that I only play like once or twice a year for a week anyway) spoiled me :( .

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Mustached Demon posted:

How is D2 on Switch? Just got a new bigger TV and was thinking of getting both D3 and D2 for my Switch.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

How is D2 on Switch? Just got a new bigger TV and was thinking of getting both D3 and D2 for my Switch.

Fine. Runs great, same for d3 on switch. Inventory management sucks with a controller but that's not really switch specific.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Yeah playing d2 with a controller owns bones when you can use a mouse for inventory Tetris but I've heard really good things about how well it runs

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

mmkay posted:

Considering how much I played the original D2 not only back in the day, but also literally like a year before, I'm honestly surprised how I bounced off from D2R during the open beta and didn't bother buying it. The D3 loot system (that I only play like once or twice a year for a week anyway) spoiled me :( .

This is 100% me with D2R. A bunch of friends and I played a ton of D2 again during the first 9 months of lockdown and that definitely killed any desire I had for D2R.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Are there any mods that have modernized the loot/”endgame” of D2R or is it too early for that?

(not happening, but ideally Blizzard would do this itself, as a fork of the game)

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Are there any mods that have modernized the loot/”endgame” of D2R or is it too early for that?

(not happening, but ideally Blizzard would do this itself, as a fork of the game)
Setting nodrop to 0 makes the game 100x better even though it only gives about player 7 drops. Not sure why they haven't done this yet.

There was a popular single player mod but I don't know if it has been updated for the new version that's coming out soon.

The low-mid runewords they've added are pretty much modernized loot and the non-high runes are easy to get. D2 plays pretty well provided you just roll through hell baal and then consider the character done. Where it falls apart is trying to find really good gear or whatever.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 8, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can't remember the name but the agreed upon best single player mod for d2 remastered specifically isn't updating again.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I can't remember the name but the agreed upon best single player mod for d2 remastered specifically isn't updating again.

Eastern Sun?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Wish I had found this thread sooner. I'm still new to D3. If I'm reading right, Soul Shards won't transfer to non-seasonal characters, so should I just salvage all of the shards I have, including my rank 3 shard?

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

The Repo Man posted:

Wish I had found this thread sooner. I'm still new to D3. If I'm reading right, Soul Shards won't transfer to non-seasonal characters, so should I just salvage all of the shards I have, including my rank 3 shard?

Do you plan to play your character out of seasons? If so it could be useful to salvage or burning them all for augments. I never play outside of a season so I just let everything rot in the mail because it’s a waste of time to categorize everything

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

gariig posted:

Do you plan to play your character out of seasons? If so it could be useful to salvage or burning them all for augments. I never play outside of a season so I just let everything rot in the mail because it’s a waste of time to categorize everything

Oh, and delete former characters when the list fills up. At random.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Volguus posted:

Oh, and delete former characters when the list fills up. At random.

I normally just rebirth characters which takes a non-seasonal character and makes them a level 1 season character.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

gariig posted:

I normally just rebirth characters which takes a non-seasonal character and makes them a level 1 season character.

This is the way.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Not sure if I'm going to play this following season as it looks... boring..., does the new season start this week though? or when? Should I save the cache for this week or na?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Friday. Save it until then.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Fingat posted:

I'd like to play this again on console, but I only have a digital console, why the F is this still 60 for a PS4 code.

See, all I had to do was complain. 67% Off on PSN today.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Fingat posted:

See, all I had to do was complain. 67% Off on PSN today.

Yeah new season. Rumor has it that D3 on Xbox has been updated for Xbox Series S/X?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case sadly. Looking forward to the new season on both Xbox and PC.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
The challenge rift was a pain in the butt. Had to watch a video to see how to actually kill things.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Volguus posted:

The challenge rift was a pain in the butt. Had to watch a video to see how to actually kill things.

Yeah same. Such an obtuse way to kill things

Sakara123
Dec 10, 2019

The Big Chungus

Volguus posted:

Genuinely terrible

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I feel like they save the most unfun lovely challenge rifts for season start

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
It's literally the longest running witch doctor set.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I always watch a video for the rift at the beginning of a season. This one seemed no more convoluted than any other one I've done.

Also, we discovered that you can do the Challenger with two players at once (on switch anyway), so that made it way easy to get it for me and my son.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Zenithe posted:

It's literally the longest running witch doctor set.

2nd longest if you count Zuni being around since vanilla, but it's definitely old as hell and the CR build actually seemed vaguely competent if not particularly well-rolled.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I joined a pubby Challenge Rift game as soon as the season started, and we beat it with well over a minute to spare, first try. I think as long as everyone understands how to do damage with the build, the rift should be very easy in a group.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I vaguely look over skills and items and then just hit buttons that are off cooldown. Didn't fail me this time either.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Just rolled this 40 times trying to get level requirement lowered on it. I'm gonna just go ahead and quit for the season.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

RodShaft posted:

Just rolled this 40 times trying to get level requirement lowered on it. I'm gonna just go ahead and quit for the season.

Too late now, but in addition to the CC secondary, you want it to have Life on Hit main stat to remove Life on Kill from the pool.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Bragon posted:

Too late now, but in addition to the CC secondary, you want it to have Life on Hit main stat to remove Life on Kill from the pool.

To roll that many times I had to make a few otherwise I couldn't have afforded it gold wise. 2 had 4 chances, this had 5. I just can't believe it didn't drop it once in like 5 million gold.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

RodShaft posted:

To roll that many times I had to make a few otherwise I couldn't have afforded it gold wise. 2 had 4 chances, this had 5. I just can't believe it didn't drop it once in like 5 million gold.

Level req has an exceptionally low probability, and it doesn't help that as a Crusader mace it has +wrath in the pool (I did DH this season and I feel that.) Ideally you do a non-class 2h weapon which keeps it to 3 affixes.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

RodShaft posted:

I'm at 70 and can probably pull you up when I get a little stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

I'm at 70 and can probably pull you up when I get a little stronger.

I already leveled. I appreciate it tho. Just sucked wasting all my mats and money so early when they aren't as easily replaced.