Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

spoiler culture is poison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Aeris dies.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Citizen Kane is the name of his sled.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

also also: it's "milquetoast"

if you only read one of my posts in this thread, please make it this one

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Instead I choose this one:

Erg posted:

haha nice try but I know I need records of myself loudly saying how much I hate slavery in case any of the anime review tribunals come by to judge my character

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol milktoast

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nephthys posted:

Machikado Mazoku S2 - Man, I don't know if it was me but I just could not get into this for some reason. The pacing just felt off and none of the jokes landed for me. I really loved the first season so I don't know if there's a difference or my tastes have just changed since then but I might end up dropping it if my impression stays in the next episodes.

Yeah, I adore the manga and was very much looking forward to this but the first ep was WAY too fast-paced imo which killed a lot of the gags.

The good news is that the pace should even out going forward. This ep adapted chapters 27, 28, and 29, and even some extras, which means that, assuming the show ends where Volume 4 does, there are 22 chapters to go spread across 11 episodes. So rather than stuffing three chapters into one ep like this one did, they'll go back down to two.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Milk X Toast 2022

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The isekai heroines were summoned by the princess to kill her, not save her.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Milky toast is my favorite choice of breakfast

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

cinnamon milky toast crunch

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Erg posted:

i think it's a very basic ask of people to watch the thing they want to discuss

im more used to people taking Discourse Screencaps from twitter and springboarding from that though so props for a new angle at least

I'm clearly watching the show? :raise:

Erg posted:

im going to be honest and say my eyes glazed over most of your post but

"I mean you're kinda assuming a lot here, namely not everyone really fully pays attention to the OP/ED, especially for a lower budget show like this one."

is very funny

If this is where you're getting it from I'm sorry to say that isn't correct; I don't think that actually says that I didn't watch the OP/ED.

Erg posted:

also also: it's "milquetoast"

if you only read one of my posts in this thread, please make it this one

I was doing a funny. :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Turns out, that Shinji kid is really hosed up.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's not even that, it's like calling "usagi becomes sailor moon and fights the monster of the week" a spoiler

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The 7th Guest posted:

it's not even that, it's like calling "usagi becomes sailor moon and fights the monster of the week" a spoiler

Wait, there are monsters of the week in Sailor Moon?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Personally I think it's the difference between "The MC of Haikyu plays Volleyball" and "The MC plays volleyball in the main tournament"; you can disagree if that's really a spoiler or not hence why I even in my initial post wrote "kinda" because I can see the argument as to how it might not be a spoiler, but it isn't really reasonable to say it's just the "basic plot" when the main argument is that it's "obvious".

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In Ranking of Kings, the kings get ranked.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chiasaur11 posted:

Citizen Kane is the name of his sled.

This and the walls of Jericho come tumbling down (It Happened One Night) are my go to old movie ones.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Re: Zero is all about a Subaru dealership replying to an email titled "Zero".

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kaguya wants to make Shirogane confess to her.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
really, the entire op of the season threads should be in spoiler tags. some hypothetical person might inadvertently see the name and description of an upcoming show and that is simply intolerable.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it might be interesting if some game world isekai had the mc successfully nope out of everything involving the game story and characters. but then that would beg the question of why even bother to make it a game world isekai and not a regular isekai.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

really, the entire op of the season threads should be in spoiler tags. some hypothetical person might inadvertently see the name and description of an upcoming show and that is simply intolerable.

Some hack of an editor revealed who the murderer was at the start of a murder mystery I was watching.

The only tension was wondering how such an obviously incapable detective in a rumpled raincoat would ever catch a man who could commit the perfect crime.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chiasaur11 posted:

Some hack of an editor revealed who the murderer was at the start of a murder mystery I was watching.

The only tension was wondering how such an obviously incapable detective in a rumpled raincoat would ever catch a man who could commit the perfect crime.

Who's the anime equivalent of Columbo anyway?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

School Live is ostensibly about the MC's experiences in a club where you live at school. In reality, the MC is delusional and her clubmates are trapped in school due to a zombie apocalypse.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Bolonco, Columbo's junior detective son who skateboards while solving crimes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

it might be interesting if some game world isekai had the mc successfully nope out of everything involving the game story and characters. but then that would beg the question of why even bother to make it a game world isekai and not a regular isekai.

The game world especially one with as widely as accessible structure and plot as the game they're riffing lends itself to having a show-within-a-show story element; so it could be possible you could make a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern sort of story (in extremely broad terms) with the isekai'd protagonist acting out that sort of role? I could see that working and being interesting, the MC being the audience stand-in is the window from which to observe and contextualize events.

To clarify there isn't like a binary here; there's a spectrum to what extent presumably the MC gets involved with the game's plot; and I'd say stating "gets increasingly dragged into the plot" is the spoilery contention here if that wasn't clear before.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chiasaur11 posted:

Bolonco, Columbo's junior detective son who skateboards while solving crimes.

My life has been enriched by learning this is a real thing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well the industry is creatively bankrupt

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Lord El Melloi II maybe?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

Kaguya wants to make Shirogane confess to her.
:eng101:
"Kaguya want's to make [him] confess" is the correct translation of the japanese title, "Kaguya wants to be confessed to" (passively) would be "...kokuraretai"

Tamba fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 11, 2022

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Tamba posted:

:eng101:
"Kaguya want's to make [him] confess" is the correct translation of the japanese title, "Kaguya wants to be confessed to" (passively) would be "...kokuraretai"

e:

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Huh. I like that there's at least two shows this season with canonically gay main characters.

If you mean the "Kuroko fromm Railgun"-archetype, Theres 3 of them this season: Estab Life, Shokei Shoujo and Tsubaki.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i doubt they meant that but i do respect all kuroko chars and am watching two of those for them

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

It was so dumb in all the best ways. So far I'm enjoying the way they're expanding the source material.

The (very long) episode title mentioned that the second half of the episode looks like it's anime original, but it's from a one shot / short story web nobel that was published before turning it into a series.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re: Zero is all about a Subaru dealership replying to an email titled "Zero".
Subaru loves Emilia.

People don't know who Rem is.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Grouchio posted:

Subaru loves Emilia.

People don't know who Rem is.

I think Rem is a good girl and she deserves happiness too. She's just not going to get it from Subaru.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

I think Rem is a good girl and she deserves happiness too. She's just not going to get it from Subaru.
:hmmyes:

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

They crammed in more chapters than they usually do. I'd give it the three episode test to see if they calm down the pacing.

Agronox posted:

Yeah, I adore the manga and was very much looking forward to this but the first ep was WAY too fast-paced imo which killed a lot of the gags.

The good news is that the pace should even out going forward. This ep adapted chapters 27, 28, and 29, and even some extras, which means that, assuming the show ends where Volume 4 does, there are 22 chapters to go spread across 11 episodes. So rather than stuffing three chapters into one ep like this one did, they'll go back down to two.

Ok phew, thats good to know. I was pretty disappointed since I was looking forward to it. I'll give it 3 episodes.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I thought that ep of Machikado Mazoku was funny :shrug:

But I also watch it while high as gently caress so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the first season was also very rapid-fire especially at the start