Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Charles looks like the kind a priest would go after, so Pierre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pierre Gasly looks like a Romulan

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MustardFacial posted:

LeClerc's reasoning had a very "I've lived in Monaco my whole life and Lewis is the first PoC I've ever seen" vibe.

that's weird since Lewis lives there to avoid taxes. Otherwise his money might go to p**r p*ople

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

pigz posted:

The funny thing here to me is translating guanciale as bacon. Pancetta would be a better english/American substitution considering how hard guanciale is to get in the US. Doubt most Italians would like bacon in their carbonara.

Guanciale is absolutely not difficult to get in almost all of the US worth living in.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pierre Gasley has the same head proportions as a grey alien

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

italian quid posted:

Imagine thinking the average dumbass American/British person is going to understand the subtle variations of Continental cured meats lmao. They think all salami is just pepperoni

Amerikkkans in the South know their country ham. Country ham has the Feels Villeneuve Seal of Approval

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

do not come into this thread and make it weird. it’s your only warning.

Cleaner I got this

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Amerikkkans in the South know their country ham. Country ham has the Feels Villeneuve Seal of Approval

yes, thank you king

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if we know which driver most likely owns a pepe the frog shirt, which driver is the most likely to have a Subaru WRX with a Reddit sticker. which driver most likely is a NFT guy. which driver knows what "groverhaus" is. which driver used to be on Club Penguin. hold on i've got more of these

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that's weird since Lewis lives there to avoid taxes. Otherwise his money might go to p**r p*ople

giving money to the UK government is inherently immoral, he can donate it directly now

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I could totally see Danny pulling up in a WRX and ripping on a fat vape

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ArmZ posted:

giving money to the UK government is inherently immoral, he can donate it directly now

Lewis clearly doesn't have a problem with t*ries, since he didn't veto Russell as his teammate

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tsaedje posted:

With Max there was also his reaction to being called out for using an ableist slur when he was annoyed that another driver didn't do what he wanted. I can't remember if he even bothered with a half arsed 'I'm sorry if anyone was offended'

max is one of them so it's okay for him to say it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Carteret posted:

I could totally see Danny pulling up in a WRX and ripping on a fat vape

Danny Ric 100% owns a Holden ute

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Danny Ric 100% owns a Holden ute

guarantee he's hit a roo and just kept driving

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Tsaedje posted:

With Max there was also his reaction to being called out for using an ableist slur when he was annoyed that another driver didn't do what he wanted. I can't remember if he even bothered with a half arsed 'I'm sorry if anyone was offended'

i have personally faced more consequences for referencing what max said than max himself faced for saying it

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Let's not forget Max's flagship chud performance, which was both on track and kind of off. I will recount:
- Ocon unlapped himself past Max in a race where Max was in the lead or somewhere very high up the order and not in danger of losing position
- Max furiously ran a highly aggressive maneuver to repass Ocon for no rational reason, which resulted in Max and Ocon colliding. Both of them either spun out or crashed out
- After the race Max physically shoved Ocon near the weigh-in
- After that Max called Ocon a p---y (do I have to censor that? I don't know how rules work). Max didn't do that in an angry emotional rant to one of his mechanics in the paddock, he did it in a press conference inside a quiet room sitting on a panel with other drivers talking to reporters.

As someone said, he's mellowed out a bit, he might deserve some credit for not keeping up that level of bullshit. But it shows that he was raised by a violent misogynist and works for alt-right Austrian oligarchs. I guess in his defense you could say he hasn't posted videos of himself assaulting women on his social medias? Bravo Max?

as much as im sick of lewis (even as an OG lewis fan) and want to support verstappen, id forgotten about this and tbh its unforgivable for a driver to act like this, even moreso that not much attention was really made of it

if lewis did that he would be literally crucified

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

You do not have to censor pussy lmao

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

guarantee he's hit a roo and just kept driving

It’s a five second penalty that can be added on at the end of the drive.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

You do not have to censor pussy lmao

we have to censor ourselves if we wanted to talk about when f1 teams r-slurred the ignition on the engine timing in the early 2010s so they could have blown diffusers so i guess some people are confused

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Let's not forget Max's flagship chud performance, which was both on track and kind of off. I will recount:
- Ocon unlapped himself past Max in a race where Max was in the lead or somewhere very high up the order and not in danger of losing position
- Max furiously ran a highly aggressive maneuver to repass Ocon for no rational reason, which resulted in Max and Ocon colliding. Both of them either spun out or crashed out
- After the race Max physically shoved Ocon near the weigh-in
- After that Max called Ocon a p---y (do I have to censor that? I don't know how rules work). Max didn't do that in an angry emotional rant to one of his mechanics in the paddock, he did it in a press conference inside a quiet room sitting on a panel with other drivers talking to reporters.

As someone said, he's mellowed out a bit, he might deserve some credit for not keeping up that level of bullshit. But it shows that he was raised by a violent misogynist and works for alt-right Austrian oligarchs. I guess in his defense you could say he hasn't posted videos of himself assaulting women on his social medias? Bravo Max?

20 year old Max did this one year after 29 year old Seb intentionally ran into the side of Hamilton during a safety car because he incorrectly thought Hamilton had brake checked him. 29 year old Michael Schumacher ran straight into the back of Coulthard and then tried to fight him over it. 23 year old all around good lad George Russell ran Bottas off the track and then slapped him in the head while Bottas was still strapped in his seat, perhaps bleeding internally. Drivers being babies and throwing hissy fits is as much a part of F1 as rich people buying their kids seats. The real reason this thread gets so indignant about Max and tries to make him into the embodiment of everything they don't like in the world is because they are limey brits who are watching their empire crumble at his feet. Max has been the best driver in the sport for a few years now, and they've known all along that it was only a matter of time before he unceremoniously bumped the greatest British driver in history from the spotlight and relegated him into the dustbin of history, merely tied for most driver championships all time.

TL;DR Max is Gandhi and this thread is Churchill

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The most beloved driver in history, Ayrton Senna, intentionally crashed someone at a very high speed corner, also possibly causing severe internal bleeding, because he was mad about which side of the grid the polesitter was assigned.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lewis clearly doesn't have a problem with t*ries, since he didn't veto Russell as his teammate

Russel isn't a tory. He's a Lib Dem.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

all of those things are extremely not okay

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Pvt. Public posted:

Guanciale is absolutely not difficult to get in almost all of the US worth living in.

So like... available in one bodega?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The most beloved driver in history, Ayrton Senna, intentionally crashed someone at a very high speed corner, also possibly causing severe internal bleeding, because he was mad about which side of the grid the polesitter was assigned.

He also walked into Eddie Irvine’s dressing room and slapped him, and because it was Senna he faced no consequences but Irvine ate a 8? race ban for something which would have been written off as a racing incident today.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Glad to see we’re at the cycle in the thread where people try to accuse racers they don’t like of being bad people based on vague psycho-legal diagnoses of something they did when they were a teenager.

To preempt the next stage of discourse, where someone defends Max and Charl for kneeling and accuses Carlos Sainz of being a worse racist because he dressed up in blackface for Christmas : literally all Spanish people dress up in blackface for the three kings parade because yes, they’re all racist, but mostly in a folksy European way—only some are racist in an outright prejudice way

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Rhopunzel posted:

as much as … want to support verstappen

What on earth!?

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dudley posted:

So like... available in one bodega?

With the explosion in numbers of specialty butcher shops and medium to high end small markets in even small cities in the last half decade, formerly unavailable products (such as meats from specific regions) are now easily obtainable locally without resorting to shipping for probably 85% of the population in the US. Many supermarkets also have expanded their offerings significantly in roughly that same time period.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Checks out OP

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What the gently caress are we even talking about

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

This thread gets weirder when it isn't a race weekend.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

In other news, I still :lol: at the Glock/Vettel interview where Vettel revealed that he introduced the Scuderia Ferrari to Kochkäse.

No wonder that cooperation didn‘t end well…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH-cI9S4deU

(Yeah, that‘s a dialect over here)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Glad to see we’re at the cycle in the thread where people try to accuse racers they don’t like of being bad people based on vague psycho-legal diagnoses of something they did when they were a teenager.

To preempt the next stage of discourse, where someone defends Max and Charl for kneeling and accuses Carlos Sainz of being a worse racist because he dressed up in blackface for Christmas : literally all Spanish people dress up in blackface for the three kings parade because yes, they’re all racist, but mostly in a folksy European way—only some are racist in an outright prejudice way

the kneeling thing was last year

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

tuo posted:

In other news, I still :lol: at the Glock/Vettel interview where Vettel revealed that he introduced the Scuderia Ferrari to Kochkäse.

No wonder that cooperation didn‘t end well…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH-cI9S4deU

(Yeah, that‘s a dialect over here)

drat I wish Vettel/His car was still good

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

yes, they’re all racist, but mostly in a folksy European way—only some are racist in an outright prejudice way

Ah yes, the good and wholesome “folksy” racism that Europe is known for.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ilmucche posted:

Tories are bad op

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

boop the snoot posted:

We glue flowers to a man and turn him in to a giant flower ball and make him ride though town on a horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juGwa69ArAU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

lmao have you been to Spain? not sure if they invented casual racism, but they certainly have perfected it.

Regardless, the point isn’t that it’s good, it’s that doing ideological purity tests of F1 racers is the stupidest idea of all time because they are literally all awful, dumb, and rich and would despise every single person in this thread.

Everyone on the grid was racing at a track that became an international terrorism target like 3 weeks ago due to them sportswashing Saudi Arabia’s war against the Houthis. I still watched the race.

Just let them drive cars fast.