Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I like these new plates a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

A Moose posted:

Has anyone read any of the notes in the Dead Ends? I've googled for 10 or so minutes and found nothing. I just look at them as my party goes running by, there's probably some cool lore in there...

https://github.com/xivapi/ffxiv-datamining/blob/master/csv/GimmickBill.csv

lines 69 through 74 are the lore objects from The Dead Ends

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

A Moose posted:

Has anyone read any of the notes in the Dead Ends? I've googled for 10 or so minutes and found nothing. I just look at them as my party goes running by, there's probably some cool lore in there...

It's a bit of neat history about the backstory of each of the areas. You could pop in with trusts if you wanted to read them undisturbed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Wow GNB really feels kind awful in PVP. I see the other tanks do crazy poo poo like DRK never loving dies ever, WAR somehow has better self heals than healers then kills your entire team with LB and GNB just..does nothing? Do no damage and mitigate no damage compared to the other tanks. Can't lock anyone down and chasing people on low hp is a bad idea because they just get insta healed to full and now you're out of position.

Are you making use of junctions? Those are pretty much what makes or breaks Gunbreaker. Tank Junction gives you a huge mitigation and makes your attacks give shields, Healer gives you a giant heal and makes your attacks heal around you, DPS lets you do more damage, etc. Proper junctioning for the enemy team comp makes it pretty godly.

Also it's LB is pretty fantastic.Does an AoE damage/damage bonus which can be ended at any time for a 3s AoE stun. That alone wins battles if you time it right.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's a bit of neat history about the backstory of each of the areas. You could pop in with trusts if you wanted to read them undisturbed.

The middle area is kinda funny tbh.

"Hey let's build a bunch of killer robots to preserve the peace, nothing can go wrong!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

In case anyone doubted it, I just confirmed that two bards in a party cannot use Wanderer's Minuet at the same time. One using it will flip the other's button to Pitch Perfect.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

PvP PLD is pretty fun running around being a nuisance. Shame I'm bad at PvP in general but I hope I can get more wins in ranked later.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

these need to be in more content. I would run way more dungeons and roulettes if everyone got to display their cards.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"No way someone can be a jerk with limited chat options": every multiplayer designer ever.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

This is the best one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Standing 8 and Standing 9 have the weapon drawn, and glows stay animated even when on the adventurer plate.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/seraphicveiI/status/1514035651741630469?s=20&t=hOwhCb8xehZ9WJok86daqQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
PvP good now, world is imploding

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I thought I'd never remember to use most of my bard stuff but I'm hitting all my buttons and loving it. Someone sharges into the middle of us, I silence them then bind them while bouncing out of melee.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Bruceski posted:

"No way someone can be a jerk with limited chat options": every multiplayer designer ever.

It was constant stuff like this that made me avoid The Feast like the plague. I don't know what it is about pvp that attracts such horrible attitudes in a game that is otherwise so chill and supportive. Hopefully with so many people giving the new mode a go attitudes won't be so bad..

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

ImpAtom posted:

Are you making use of junctions? Those are pretty much what makes or breaks Gunbreaker. Tank Junction gives you a huge mitigation and makes your attacks give shields, Healer gives you a giant heal and makes your attacks heal around you, DPS lets you do more damage, etc. Proper junctioning for the enemy team comp makes it pretty godly.

Also it's LB is pretty fantastic.Does an AoE damage/damage bonus which can be ended at any time for a 3s AoE stun. That alone wins battles if you time it right.

Oh yeah I'm junctioning but even then it feels like they're just half measures compared to what the other tanks get.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

This is a good update.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

lmfao

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bruceski posted:

Eh.

That's super whatever. Easily ignored and communicates nothing of substance. Easily a step up over racial slurs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YoshiOfYellow posted:

This is a good update.

What top is that?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Oblivious posted:

Eh.

That's super whatever. Easily ignored and communicates nothing of substance. Easily a step up over racial slurs.

yea it's annoying but I'm happier seeing that than seeing what slurs the 12 year old with no filter is stringing together to call me because my magic potato shot his fancy elf

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
You realise you can report people for racial slurs right? It's against the rules.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CJ posted:

You realise you can report people for racial slurs right? It's against the rules.

I think they mean specifically that other competitive multiplayer games with unrestricted chat tend to have a whole lotta bad words tossed around rather cavalierly unless they have Riot-level machine learning and behavioural systems.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

CJ posted:

The point is between having to see (and report) slurs vs. having to see people BM with preset chat messages, the latter is still preferable. (And you can probably report it just as well.)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

jjac posted:

I have my plate! I'm the Warrior of Light and I have my plate.

Mr. Selch is helping me find my crystal.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Electric Phantasm posted:

What top is that?

The Level 90 Dancer Artifact gear. They really hit it out of the park with the Dancer set in Endwalker it's so drat good.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Oxyclean posted:

The point is between having to see (and report) slurs vs. having to see people BM with preset chat messages, the latter is still preferable. (And you can probably report it just as well.)

Yeah but you can use the same reasoning for why they should disable chat in the rest of the game as well. I've never been called a racial slur in game, because people know they'll get banned for it.

Also it doesn't anonymise your name so if someone really wants to get banned by sending you a slur they still can.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The Level 90 Dancer Artifact gear. They really hit it out of the park with the Dancer set in Endwalker it's so drat good.

Yeah I really appreciate the 90 Dancer Glam is a nice mix of athletic and adventury instead of being just another Skimpy Outfit.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah I really appreciate the 90 Dancer Glam is a nice mix of athletic and adventury instead of being just another Skimpy Outfit.

Funny I was just setting up glams and I was thinking that im not sure I like the AF set, although I agree with your point. I had been running a dungeon aiming set so maybe Im just used to that aesthetic. On the other hand the SAM AF set is awesome imo and the PLD set is pretty great too. I’ll have to try the dancer one for a bit and see how it feels.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Since I'm sorting it out myself, PvP currency:
--Wolf Mark
----Gained in the usual ways
----Spent at the Wolf Mark Quartermaster (just one now, at <4.5, 6.0>) or the Disreputable Priest (Makai Gear, <5.0, 5.3>)
--Trophy Crystal
----Gained by leveling up the season pass through play. Need to claim manually from the board in the PvP profile menu.
----Spent at the Crystal Quartermaster <4.5, 6.1> for portrait frame stuff and... dyable Heavensward AF gear? Isn't that already cheap with Centurio seals?
--Wolf Collar
----Bought from the Trophy Quartermaster for 1000 crystals each
----Spent at the Collar Quartermaster for weapons

Anything I missed? Looks like ranked is separate and stuff is mailed to you after each season.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

On the scoreboard at the end of the new pvp map, what does Time mean at the end? It has k/d/a, damage dealt, damage taken, hp restored, and time. I'm assuming high time is bad since I had the highest and almost everyone else had much lower scores. I thought I'd be able to queue as a low level character for the xp then swap once I got in but I think that's just a daily frontline thing because it wouldn't let me swap and I had to scramble to set up my hotkey bars for the newbie class while fighting.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Went into PvP twice; once as a White Mage and I do not think using Seraph Strike into the middle of the team was a good idea

The second time, used a bard harassing all magic users and sniping entire teams with powerful shot/apex/burst

PvP is real fun, and it is absolutely amazing that HW Bow Mage might have been better received if poo poo worked like Powerful Shot all along

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i spent a lot of time today playing pvp and making portraits for the classes i played in pvp

hot tip: relics (or ex crafted weaps) + standing 8/9 poses allow for some nice obnoxiously shimmery portraits since it applies the dynamic glow. the kits you buy with cc currency also have some good poses.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

Whereas if you're a dude dancer you have to work for a skimpy glam

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Bruceski posted:

dyable Heavensward AF gear? Isn't that already cheap with Centurio seals?

it seems to have re-done textures across the board, their quality is surprisingly higher (and also seem to dye better) so these might actually be desireable purely for just looking nicer.

DNC and GNB have their SHB artifact gear, and RPR/SGE have their EW artifact gear. But different. :v: The RPR/SGE ones are the ones I feel that are particularly vestigial, at least the DNC/GNB gear is higher quality too

also all the weapons are unique rather than being the artifact weapons, though whether it's good or not is up to personal taste

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Bruceski posted:

----Spent at the Crystal Quartermaster <4.5, 6.1> for portrait frame stuff and... dyable Heavensward AF gear? Isn't that already cheap with Centurio seals?
It's also some later AF gear for the post-Heavensward jobs (e.g. Samurai is Stormblood AF) but it is technically different.

(Virtu set on the top, Creed AF on the bottom)
Palette swaps, but palette swaps that dye differently as well.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

6.1 MSQ: So when do you unlock the beast tribe? I’m currently on the quest where you make a quick pitstop at Cid’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Delayed until 6.15 I think.