Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
if I had a star for every game my team was leading like 80% to 0% and lost, I legit might be in gold. I've seriously led so many games and had it fall away because my team doesn't get "reset". My team needs to listen to "regroup!" :(

This ranking system feels SO awful with how much the game depends on your team being somewhat competent.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My static and I learned that while CC is solo queue only, if we started DF at near enough the same time there was a 70% chance it would put us in the same match, though in some combo of for/against. Incredible fun.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm sorry for beating you up Orokin Reactor but you just kept healing your team so much
S'all good, new PvP WHM owns. I got Battle High IV during my Frontline roulette today, because LB go bzzzzt.

My current portrait is just nice and simple for now.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dragongem posted:

if I had a star for every game my team was leading like 80% to 0% and lost, I legit might be in gold. I've seriously led so many games and had it fall away because my team doesn't get "reset". My team needs to listen to "regroup!" :(

This ranking system feels SO awful with how much the game depends on your team being somewhat competent.

I mean, that’s any ranking system like this :v:

Sometimes you’re just gonna lose and that’s the way of things.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Dragongem posted:

This is an amazing avatar+post combo

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Anyone have any frontline tips for people trying it out after getting roped into PvP by the new mode? I vaguely remember seeing an effort post a thread or two ago. The top advice might have been just stick together?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Always team

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

just replace the pve jobs with the pvp jobs now, thanks yoshi p

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

bagrada posted:

Anyone have any frontline tips for people trying it out after getting roped into PvP by the new mode? I vaguely remember seeing an effort post a thread or two ago. The top advice might have been just stick together?

The big one is don't be alone (or even with just one buddy) unless you have a very good reason for it. This is particularly important after a team fight where you got wiped out - if you died early and respawn just as the last 2-3 people died on your team just chill unless you will 100% lose if you aren't on the objective Right Now. It's way worse to stagger your respawns by dying again than it is helpful to maybe get one kill (and probably not even that) again a full squad before becoming pavement art.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
yeah, yeah, dunning kruger, etc, etc, get your laughs in, I made a dumb madpost :(

anyway CC is fun but I went a bit too hard on it

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 13, 2022

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Got in a few minutes this morning.

1) Happy that the adventurer art gear is what we get right off the bat as the new outfit. Called that.
2) lol @ just giving GNB the aiming Makai gear, though the little scope is pretty good since I'm a nerd and play a male character. Boo @ no new weapons.
3) Crafted Susano weapons! I'm glad I held onto some blades of revelry from a long time ago. The particle effects are really good, too!

Looking forward to getting into the MSQ and trying nuPvP.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
https://twitter.com/Visari_FFXIV/status/1514212479869595653

I really should go and make my Adventurer Plate soon. Probably do something silly with it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

bagrada posted:

If you're talking about my post, it's here in the Newbie thread. I wouldn't recommend it too much since I haven't gotten around to updating it yet, though I'm planning to over my weekend the next 2-3 days. Maybe earlier if I can get some Frontlines games in today.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Onean posted:

If you're talking about my post, it's here in the Newbie thread. I wouldn't recommend it too much since I haven't gotten around to updating it yet, though I'm planning to over my weekend the next 2-3 days. Maybe earlier if I can get some Frontlines games in today.

That was probably it, either way nice work. I'll look forward to any update.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pyro Jack posted:

https://twitter.com/Visari_FFXIV/status/1514212479869595653

I really should go and make my Adventurer Plate soon. Probably do something silly with it.

I've definitely been thinking that.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

bagrada posted:

Yeah, it's mostly Stick Together. Ideally the main group will move in a way that directly contributes to winning, but even if it doesn't you'll get better results hanging with them unless you really know what you're doing.

If you find somebody who looks competent and you have buffs/heals, pocket them (a focus target mark will help you keep track of them in a scrum). By keeping them alive and effective you also keep yourself alive longer and make it more likely your team will actually win.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Speaking of frontlines, playing a melee in FL now feels fun actually. I briefly played melee classes pre-rework it felt like jumping straight into a pit of spikes every time :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dragongem posted:

Speaking of frontlines, playing a melee in FL now feels fun actually. I briefly played melee classes pre-rework it felt like jumping straight into a pit of spikes every time :v:

Having the burden of responsibility shifted onto individual players over healers in general was a great change for exactly this reason, since your success is no longer entirely dependent on whether you A) have a healer and B) they're in range and willing to keep you from instantly exploding when you go in.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I want to see an entire Onsal Hakair team get obliterated by diving into an ovoo guarded by a single samurai.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/mirroralchemist/status/1514225924199362560?s=21&t=_ny93PqoBPpH9XxSGEVA3g

They finally changed the description of the Moenbryda minion to be accurate to the Japanese and not OOC for Urianger.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Vitamean posted:

let's see those plates people

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

https://twitter.com/mirroralchemist/status/1514225924199362560?s=21&t=_ny93PqoBPpH9XxSGEVA3g

They finally changed the description of the Moenbryda minion to be accurate to the Japanese and not OOC for Urianger.

fantastic change

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

also saw a good one in the wild, based on a (6.0 spoilers) fairly late game Endwalker antagonist

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vitamean posted:

let's see those plates people

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

Having the burden of responsibility shifted onto individual players over healers in general was a great change for exactly this reason, since your success is no longer entirely dependent on whether you A) have a healer and B) they're in range and willing to keep you from instantly exploding when you go in.

As a (typically auto filled) healer who was often both a) and b), FL feels kinda rough and the clashes much more lethaI; I had more deaths in my first 6.1 FL match than the previous half dozen combined, probably more. Tanks do feel much better though, which is likely healthier for the activity at least. And it could just be getting used to the new abilities and necessity to play more carefully too.

Would be nice if we got some exp for CC because that's all I want to play now!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

plate party

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

acumen posted:

As a (typically auto filled) healer who was often both a) and b), FL feels kinda rough and the clashes much more lethaI; I had more deaths in my first 6.1 FL match than the previous half dozen combined, probably more. Tanks do feel much better though, which is likely healthier for the activity at least. And it could just be getting used to the new abilities and necessity to play more carefully too.

Would be nice if we got some exp for CC because that's all I want to play now!

You do get some experience from a CC match (at least ranked)!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think it's about 10% of a level for a win in CC. A nice little bonus while mount grinding.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Onean posted:

Great post btw

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Huh, serves me right for not looking more closely. I'm pretty sure I tried swapping jobs after zoning in like FL and that doesn't work though right?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I only did one game of Frontline, but the one comment i have on it is i'm not sure battle high has a place in the new system. The base kit is plenty lethal enough since healers healing was neutered, so i don't think there is any need for a winners keep winning system to force combat.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I had 66 goddamn assists on FL as BRD, this is the first time I've had battlehigh 5 that I can remember. I'm waiting for a bard nerf now

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Guild cards are good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/mirroralchemist/status/1514225924199362560

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

The portrait was made with pvp in mind first, so I may change it to something a little less aggressive

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Has anyone managed to find Festival of the Hunt and/or Run! (the CC BGMs) on YouTube? I keep searching, but the first only pulls up the FFIX version, the latter pulls up a wide variety of stuff (mostly "My 1st run of X" videos) and doing a more generic search for CC music pulls up a lot of First Impressions or match videos with commentary.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

i wanted something fun for pvp

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

hazardousmouse posted:

I had 66 goddamn assists on FL as BRD, this is the first time I've had battlehigh 5 that I can remember. I'm waiting for a bard nerf now

Yeah, Apex/Blast Arrow allows you to rack up a fuckton of assists, and you have so much CC that you can orchestrate a ton of kills.

You also prey on out-of-position healers like nobody's business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

1) CC is incredibly fun, I love how fast paced it is. I went in as DNC for a couple rounds last night and it was the best PvP experience in this game I’ve had.

2) The new dungeon has my favorite new enemy in the game (minor spoilers about a mob): There is a crab wearing a crown! King Crab :haw: