Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
His first androids were just butts on feet, like chattery teeth only clapping booties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Or Mets from Mega Man

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Soong made the first prototype super ripped brah, but the colonists were jealous

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The first Soong prototype was just a torso that had dicks on it

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Just imagine what the guy who bought the prop in the big Star Trek auction years ago ended up doing to it.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Was the Data rear end prop modeled off Brent Spiner's actual rear end?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Actual Satan posted:

Was the Data rear end prop modeled off Brent Spiner's actual rear end?

He had to lay down for 4 hours to get the mold made. Could only fart through a straw the whole time.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

PostNouveau posted:

He had to lay down for 4 hours to get the mold made. Could only fart through a straw the whole time.

Actually it was a kazoo

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Love Stole the Day posted:

Actually it was a kazoo

berman had the kazoo removed for making sounds that were too noticeable and not bland enough

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

CPColin posted:

He has a modesty subroutine because he was making the colonists uncomfortable with his giant robodong

No it was because Lore was walking around being a weirdo with it, like pointing at things and waving at people.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Data definitely walked around by doing the helicopter with his dick with such force that it moved him forward and it made the colonist uncomfortable

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

PostNouveau posted:

[DATA]SS THO

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Tapestry is a really good Jean Luc Episodes. Can't decide if I like Jean Luc centered episodes more than Data episodes though.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

disaster pastor posted:

Good catch, but I think that's Future Imperfect, not Parallels.

Or it is Future Imperfect and you've slipped into a parallel universe.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Alright, which episode is that screenshot from? Which scene? WHICH SHOT?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

davidspackage posted:

Alright, which episode is that screenshot from? Which scene? WHICH SHOT?

Future Imperfect when Riker thinks he’s figured out that it’s all a Romulan ploy and he goes to the bridge and questions everyone, and that shot is from when he’s asking Data to calculate arrival times at different warp speeds or some poo poo and Data says “I can’t” and then Riker starts berating him for using a contraction.

Now where’s my Star Trek Loser prize?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tighclops posted:

berman had the kazoo removed for making sounds that were too noticeable and not bland enough

lmao

also yeah, that's from Future Imperfect

source: me, having coincidentally watched it last night

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tighclops posted:

Somewhere in the Paramount archives is a hard drive labeled "TNG Kazoo Cut". It's out there. Just waiting to be found.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Delsaber posted:

There is maybe a universe where These Are The Voyages could've worked as an oddly off-format season finale/epilogue leaving a somewhat disconnected mystery to be solved in the next season, like the "death is your gift" bit in one of Buffy's weirder (weirdest?) season finales, or the Garibaldi tease going into Babylon 5's final season. In this case I guess it would be seeing if Trip really died or not, but this would still take some heavy edits to work the same way as those other examples.
Justice League Unlimited once did the off-format season epilogue thing (literally titled "Epilogue!") where they straight-up did a Batman Beyond episode, in order to give that series a proper finale. Although there was no real frame story or ties to a larger JLU plotline... IIRC there was just some intro text saying what year it was and that was it.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I was glad for that because otherwise the last bit of Terry McGinnis I ever got was him getting punked by Dee Dee and I did not want that.

At most it also helps to explain to Amanda Waller's transition from "Destroy the JLU" to "The world needs a Batman".

V-Men fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 13, 2022

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Future Imperfect when Riker thinks he’s figured out that it’s all a Romulan ploy and he goes to the bridge and questions everyone, and that shot is from when he’s asking Data to calculate arrival times at different warp speeds or some poo poo and Data says “I can’t” and then Riker starts berating him for using a contraction.

Now where’s my Star Trek Loser prize?

You only get the prize if you're also top poster in the thread.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Speaking of which, whenever I try to check the posters list I get a 502 :smith: I just want to see how much I post about Star Trek and where I rank among terrible people

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Cool video alert

https://twitter.com/gazelle_inc/status/1514021229614747648?s=20&t=cSBFAV_srWE0hPY8CywYiA

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

holy lmao the purple borg cube

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

This is amazing and wonderful.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Now I want someone to do a TNG animation in the style of Gargoyles.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

drat id watch this whole show

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
and also the sealab 2021 equivalent made from it's animations

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sealab ruined TAS for me because not only is it the same style of animation, it has the same huge amount of awkward silences in dialogue. Except Sealab uses those in service of jokes/humor

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Goddamn that is a good video.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love the look of flesh coloured eyes, and the inscrutable eye movement closeups

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Owns

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Powered Descent posted:

I just checked the screenshots at TrekCore and confirmed that in Parallels, Data wears yellow in all universes.

I never mind being wrong in a Star Trek thread about random trivia because I always feel like it is a race to the bottom on who can be the biggest dork in correcting each other.

… and that is GLORIOUS :GOWRONEYEZ:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Sealab ruined TAS for me because not only is it the same style of animation, it has the same huge amount of awkward silences in dialogue. Except Sealab uses those in service of jokes/humor
I would really like to see the LD people do an episode with TAS animation

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would really like to see the LD people do an episode with TAS animation

Hell yes. A time travel episode, "More Trials, More Tribble-ations".

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Wesley's head needed to be smashed, damnatio memorae style.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Decided to finish off my marathon of TNG movies with Nemesis. Honestly the first 10 minutes are not bad.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

I started reading the novelization of TMP by Gene Roddenberry

In the book:

Gene Roddenberry exists in the world of Star Trek and he made TOS in-universe from Kirk's exaggerated mission logs.

Kirk's mom has a series of love instructors.

Most of Earth's buildings are underground now

Most humans on Earth are "evolved" and think starfleet is uncivilized and stupid. Starfleet is where the conservative, straight edge people go.

There's a wall between the Atlantic and the drained Mediterranean sea.

Kirk's genitals swell when he does a videocall with a hot admiral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

It's Gene's Vision and it's weird as hell