Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I gave up on elden ring because I got good enough to realize I'd never "git gud"

You don't need to git gud to beat souls-like games. Even if you're bad at games you just need to be patient and learn enemy attack patterns.

Or use magic. Sage absolutely wrecks all who stand before it in Stranger of Paradise. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Evil Fluffy posted:

You don't need to git gud to beat souls-like games. Even if you're bad at games you just need to be patient and learn enemy attack patterns.

I thought that’s what gitting gud was

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Or use magic. Sage absolutely wrecks all who stand before it in Stranger of Paradise. :science:

Maybe I’m missing something but wouldn’t learning enemy attack patterns count as gitting gud?

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
Does the Switch Lite have any good grips? I love my 3DS Hori Mario Kart wheel and want something like that to add more heft to the sides.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Satisfye

https://www.satisfye.com/collections/switch-lite

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
That seems perfect, thanks!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Holy poo poo I want that clear total reskin so fuckin bad wtf. Why was this not an option nintendo?

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
New Gotta Protectors game is now available on the Switch eshop

https://twitter.com/GottaProtectors/status/1514454887320350720

The 3DS eshop game was really fun, but if I remember right it didn't have online play? This game fixes that

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Oh wow that was out of nowhere (at least for me)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Libluini posted:

The very idea of a FF9-remake has me stumped, tbqh. FF9 was already the perfect game, so what would a remake possibly bring to the table? I remain skeptical. It'll probably a travesty like the FF7-remake, which changed the game to an Action RPG so hard, it left me out cold.

Honestly, and I was kind of hoping the remaster would have done it, if they could just make hte battles work at a steady 60fps without lag out of the box then that game would just about be pefrect.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
final fantasy 7's remake owned

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Here me out. Kirby Warriors.

Not that far fetched given the spinoffs so far.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

External Organs posted:

Please save us from final final fantasy chat

"Whatever."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

any release date for Portal 1/2?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

any release date for Portal 1/2?

Rip Orange Box

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

begging for a Half Life 2 Switch port. It's literally ready to go. PLEASE VALVE!!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Ship TF2 for Switch gabe, you've already got the neon red and blue right there

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Half life 3 will make extensive use of hd rumble

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Half-Life Alyx, only on Nintendo Labo VR

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Half-Life Alyx, only on Nintendo Labo VR

at 30spf

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

144p*@60 :newlol:

* Dynamic resolution enabled

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just remake Portal in Garage and quit complaining. Same for Elden Ring. I'm sure you can do it quickly.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah but according to that one sad nerd from AITA last page: if you beat the Elden Ring using the Sage you haven't really "beaten" it. :smug:

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Quantum of Phallus posted:

begging for a Half Life 2 Switch port. It's literally ready to go. PLEASE VALVE!!

Hey Valve, I'll port Half-life 2 to Switch for you. Give me the source code and a cheque and I bet I could get it done/out in... 6 months? The engine has OpenGL, I bet 6 months would be about right.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Rocket Pan posted:

Hey Valve, I'll port Half-life 2 to Switch for you. Give me the source code and a cheque and I bet I could get it done/out in... 6 months? The engine has OpenGL, I bet 6 months would be about right.

While you're at it, see if you strike a deal for porting Vampire : The Mascarade : Bloodlines, I'm sure that game will be even smoother.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hl2's already on shield tv, just throw that poo poo on switch

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
gently caress that musou poo poo off Nintendo can we give Kirby a gravity gun hat thanks

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah but according to that one sad nerd from AITA last page: if you beat the Elden Ring using the Sage you haven't really "beaten" it. :smug:

Based on that post he'll be the only one beating anything once his gf leaves

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Morter posted:

Tell us about it. More. Until your post invokes a scroll bar. Then you've reached Minimum Postage.

:justpost:

So I am enjoying FF9 very much! I’m realizing it’s the perfect type of game for me at the moment. I am a new father as of 7 months ago and my mind has been blasted into oblivion as a result.

In the occasional down times I get I want to play video games, but many I tried to get into in this time ended up being more complicated than I was interested in. PS1 FF’s are pretty brain dead easy, even more so with the extra features in the remasters (speed up gameplay, no battles, attack for 9999 dmg).

They’re very playable in short bursts and the story is easy enough to follow that if I can’t play for a few to several days, it’s NBD. So, a perfect game for the perfect console.

It’s also super interesting for me to return to these games that I thought of as the pinnacle of gaming when I played them as a middle schooler. Actually over the past 16-17 months while my wife was pregnant and now that our son is here, I’ve found myself gravitating toward games more in line with what I enjoyed 20ish years ago. Same with music and movies. I don’t know if this happens to everyone in their mid 30s or if this is a thing brought on by having a kid. I’m enjoying it though! Since my son was born in September 2021, I’ve played to (to various degrees of completion) FF Tactics, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and now FF9.

Going back to FF9 there are only two things I don’t like about it: 1) how party members come and go for suuuuuch a long time. I think I’m almost at the point where everyone is together and I can make the party I want. And 2) learning skills from items. Which is largely due to my first bitch. Now that Steiner is back he’s vastly under skilled but to get him the stuff I want on him I need to give him vastly out dated gear! But hey, the remaster solves that with fast mode and 9999 damage. I can zone out for 10-15 minutes and grind out AP if it really turns into a problem.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Thanks

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

So I am enjoying FF9 very much! I’m realizing it’s the perfect type of game for me at the moment. I am a new father as of 7 months ago and my mind has been blasted into oblivion as a result.

In the occasional down times I get I want to play video games, but many I tried to get into in this time ended up being more complicated than I was interested in. PS1 FF’s are pretty brain dead easy, even more so with the extra features in the remasters (speed up gameplay, no battles, attack for 9999 dmg).

They’re very playable in short bursts and the story is easy enough to follow that if I can’t play for a few to several days, it’s NBD. So, a perfect game for the perfect console.

It’s also super interesting for me to return to these games that I thought of as the pinnacle of gaming when I played them as a middle schooler. Actually over the past 16-17 months while my wife was pregnant and now that our son is here, I’ve found myself gravitating toward games more in line with what I enjoyed 20ish years ago. Same with music and movies. I don’t know if this happens to everyone in their mid 30s or if this is a thing brought on by having a kid. I’m enjoying it though! Since my son was born in September 2021, I’ve played to (to various degrees of completion) FF Tactics, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and now FF9.

Going back to FF9 there are only two things I don’t like about it: 1) how party members come and go for suuuuuch a long time. I think I’m almost at the point where everyone is together and I can make the party I want. And 2) learning skills from items. Which is largely due to my first bitch. Now that Steiner is back he’s vastly under skilled but to get him the stuff I want on him I need to give him vastly out dated gear! But hey, the remaster solves that with fast mode and 9999 damage. I can zone out for 10-15 minutes and grind out AP if it really turns into a problem.

The irony here is, Steiner is such a powerhouse he is still rather strong even if you don't do any grinding and just get on with it. :v:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
wish steiner was my dad

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Mr. Trampoline posted:

New Gotta Protectors game is now available on the Switch eshop

https://twitter.com/GottaProtectors/status/1514454887320350720

The 3DS eshop game was really fun, but if I remember right it didn't have online play? This game fixes that

Holy poo poo, finally!

(The last update was them announcing the english localization was finished, in Feb 2021. Complete radio silence since then).

The 3ds game was really fun, sort of a musou/gauntlet hybrid with a bunch of different maps. Definitely picking up the switch one.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/american80s/status/1514584800954585092

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
DOOM is so fuckin good. Tons of bad guys but you can beat them. Thanks for reading

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Handy Game Machine

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Marx Headroom posted:

DOOM is so fuckin good. Tons of bad guys but you can beat them. Thanks for reading

Ah, you picked up the latest copy of "HOW 2 BEAT DOOM BAD GUYS" I see. Nice.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Marx Headroom posted:

I don't like to beat bad guys I like to make them my friends.

Play Kirby Star Allies ya'll.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I have literally played my Game Boy in the Australian outback. The only trouble was the heat broke my battery charger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

If I'm looking to play Majora's Mask for the first time, should I start with the 3DS version or Switch Online port?