Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Srice posted:

I feel like it's more that there's the very real threat that psychos will comb through your entire post history in an attempt to doxx/harass you and even if you're good about not letting any of that information slip out it sure doesn't feel good to know that there are folks looking for it.

This is really a big problem that we can't really solve. I was doxxed fairly quickly when i became an admin, but my personal life is so boring it really didn't matter.

But still having your personal details leaked because you gave the wrong person a sixer for oshi no ko spoilers is kind of frightening.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kild posted:

hosed up that a shonen protagonist can't mod adtrw

We only allow ultra violent Seinen protags as moderators

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

We only allow ultra violent Seinen protags as moderators

But you turned down plutonis...?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol at "you will be doxxed, we all have"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

This is really a big problem that we can't really solve. I was doxxed fairly quickly when i became an admin, but my personal life is so boring it really didn't matter.

But still having your personal details leaked because you gave the wrong person a sixer for oshi no ko spoilers is kind of frightening.

Yea. Over a decade ago in a different internet forum I had someone try to doxx me over some real petty poo poo and thankfully they failed at it but all the same, quite chilling to know they harbored enough of a grudge to try!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just because all the grape discord mods self-doxx, she lols

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Another point in plutonis's favor: undoxxable because all his twitter accounts have been destroyed for telling politicos he would commit violence on them

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

just because all the grape discord mods self-doxx, she lols

discord users self selecting based on which server name they prefer

marumaru
May 20, 2013

are people actually turning down mod offers from the admins or did the admins not even try to find a mod

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It absolutely does not surprise me that people would turn down the mod offer. So there's no real reason to doubt imo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's real

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

We can solve this by bringing back the thing everyone loved: Anonymous mod bot accounts.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

marumaru posted:

are people actually turning down mod offers from the admins or did the admins not even try to find a mod

Nah I'd rather spend paragraphs talking about mods as opposed to sending three sentences to a mod candidate. That makes sense.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Nah I'd rather spend paragraphs talking about mods as opposed to sending three sentences to a mod candidate. That makes sense.

I appreciate your honesty

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't know about every subforum but I know Games also has a lot of trouble finding mods for basically the same reason

every long term mod is either a saint or a sicko and everyone in between burns out and there's just, not anyone left in the intersection of "would be a decent mod" "hasn't already been a mod" "is willing to moderate"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

marumaru posted:

it's a little of both

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't know about every subforum but I know Games also has a lot of trouble finding mods for basically the same reason

every long term mod is either a saint or a sicko and everyone in between burns out and there's just, not anyone left in the intersection of "would be a decent mod" "hasn't already been a mod" "is willing to moderate"

games has a hard time finding mods because it's a giant forum and nobody wants to deal with that

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wouldnt be getting ddosd if we had a mod smh

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Burbo for mod let’s freaking goooo

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

littleorv posted:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

make the dude with the houseki avatar mod
i like his avatar so he's a viable candidate

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i have made my first posting enemy

marumaru
May 20, 2013

symbolic posted:

i have made my first posting enemy

no but im complimenting you

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There is no greater insult than telling someone they should be mod

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Strange Quark posted:

again we just cannot figure out why nobody wants to mod this place

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SyntheticPolygon posted:

There is no greater insult than telling someone they should be mod

I think that counts as defamation per SE.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

clownpiece

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Congratulations to whatever hapless Shounen/Toonami thread normie gets mod.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Watched a bit of blade runner black lotus and it's the first series I really binged. Only did a few eps but it's very compelling and the story is top notch.

I didn't start on it last season because I wanted to watch Blade Runner 2049 first, which just came out on (US) netflix this month.

So my recommended watch order is:

• Blade Runner - final cut
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Blade Runner 2022
  • Blade Runner Black Lotus

I haven't watched the other shorts but I saw the plot on wikipedia and it doesn't sound compelling to me.

I recommend watching 2049 right after the original because it does a good job filling in the blanks by showing the enormity of what happened in 2022 and fleshing out a few key characters that otherwise may have been dismissed.

It doesn't really spell it out clearly but it takes place after 2022 but before 2049.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

littleorv posted:

ack

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namtab posted:

Yeah but cuntellectual hasn’t posted here in weeks

turns out she ate a perma, cant wait for the rereg

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
No Gods,, No Mods, Only IKs in this Paradise

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

clownpiece of poo poo
jk she's good

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

the crunchyroll app sure does log you out alot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Oh yeah, I love clown from Piece.