Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Morter posted:

What are other good kirby games with ability movesets, besides Star Allies and Smash (becase I have them both)?

Superstar is on the snes app and still holds up really well. For modern games, Robobot on 3ds is very good (and actually ties into superstar a bit, if you care about ~kirby lore~)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Read After Burning posted:

Chulip? Or is this a genre now?

Google tells me Chulip is some kind of 3D-game, but the game I was talking about was a simple little 2D platformer with puzzle elements. So yeah, apparently kiss and run is now a genre. :shepface:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Morter posted:

What are other good kirby games with ability movesets, besides Star Allies and Smash (becase I have them both)?

Super Star has a lot of powers, but not movesets. You may enjoy the offerings in Dreamland 3 on SNES as well since each Buddy does different things with the powers.

Crystal Shards, which is bound to come is also pretty loving rad when it comes to mixing powers, but again moves are limited.

I'm more into Kirby games with less moves per power, but a lot of powers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/Emdasche/status/1514707729222406148

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

To the goon asking about modern good games, play Pikmin 3. I'm whole-heartedly seconding the mention of it. Great game, great experience.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Saying a post about hidden GBC gem Warlocked isn't a good post smh

warcucked

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Thoughts on Blasphemous? Feels like the game is always on a heavy discount like it wants me to buy it. I played the demo and it was ok? Maybe a bit slow.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Social Animal posted:

Thoughts on Blasphemous? Feels like the game is always on a heavy discount like it wants me to buy it. I played the demo and it was ok? Maybe a bit slow.

it's great and excellent value for money

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Social Animal posted:

its good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Social Animal posted:

Blasphemous is extremely good as long as you have a stomach for extremely religious-inspired gore.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Social Animal posted:

Super good. If you like 2d adventures you’ll dig that game.

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Wasn't blasphemous pretty glitchy for a while

has that been fixed

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Overnight Blaze posted:

Wasn't blasphemous pretty glitchy for a while

has that been fixed

You might be thinking of Bloodstained which had terrible performance when it first came out

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Dusk and Blasphemous are S tier

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mario golf cannot get here soon enough

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I still play the new Mario Golf from time to time wonder if going back to the N64 one will be jarring

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Papercut posted:

You might be thinking of Bloodstained which had terrible performance when it first came out
It's still not great.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Mario golf cannot get here soon enough

You're in luck.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

External Organs posted:

Super Mario 3D World / Bowser's Fury is incredible. If you can get your hands on it, the 3D All Stars game has Mario Galaxy which is one of my favorites from the Wii era.

Breath of the Wild is amazing but it did take me several years to actually get into it and now I'm on a grand adventure.

Ya I have Breath of The Wild, I played A Link To the Past on GBA but it was very good but a bit too hard/confusing. I hate using guides

100YrsofAttitude posted:

New franchises? Pikmin 3 is very cool and good. Splatoon is an excellent shooter and the 3rd's coming soon. You can't go wrong with the hits.

Ya always been interested in Pikmin, i'll check that one.

Mega64 posted:

All of them.

It depends a lot on what genres you like, but honestly it's hard to go wrong with most Nintendo-developed games. There's a couple of stinkers here and there, and there may be a few that don't appeal to you, but generally you won't be disappointed with what you grab.

Ya seems like it. I will probably start with Mario/Zelda then try Pikmin.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
This AI Luigi in Mario Golf doesn’t mess around huh

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

This AI Luigi in Mario Golf doesn’t mess around huh
I just whooped his rear end (after restarting like 3 times).

Wrangling the controls was a bit awkward at first but I think I got the hang of it. Just use R to zoom in an avoid messing with the C buttons at all.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Ok ok I'll buy Blasphemous! Also nabbed Mighty Goose I hope it's good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1514803645367263233?t=I9H74I-rx5xtT7c2ySuG0A&s=19

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

y'all i've been playing more of the new kirby and it's SO good. people sleeping on it do so at their own peril

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

An Actual Princess posted:

y'all i've been playing more of the new kirby and it's SO good. people sleeping on it do so at their own peril

I am in agreement with your Highness :iia:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The new Mario Golf made putting too easy, I'm like a little putt baby now

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I think you’ll be fine. Played some tennis and the 64 one still holds up.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

The new Mario Golf made putting too easy, I'm like a little putt baby now

PROTIP: Just don't putt.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1514838583890251777?t=fK6XhE9h8wGE8YBSyFGDig&s=19

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

American McGay posted:

PROTIP: Just don't putt.

Pin shots in Toadstool Tour were always satisfying as hell.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Social Animal posted:

As a slow paced 2d souls like it's good, about of a level with Salt and Sanctuary. The later stages became such a slog that I stopped enjoying it and just gave up, but I had fun up to that point. Art style is what if dark souls was extremely Spanish Catholic penitence, which is divisive and a little edgelord. I like it though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
God, I don't get (Mario) golf at all. There never seems to be a workable medium, ether I'm comically underpowering my shots or I'm sending the ball flying far past the hole and into the parking lot or, worse, bouncing it off the side of the cup.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Putting is so loving hard

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Who is the best OC Mario Golf girl? For me it's Maple

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Thank you for all the cute recommendations everyone!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ConanThe3rd posted:

God, I don't get (Mario) golf at all. There never seems to be a workable medium, ether I'm comically underpowering my shots or I'm sending the ball flying far past the hole and into the parking lot or, worse, bouncing it off the side of the cup.

There are a couple of things you have to watch, first is the elevation. If the hole is up or down more than a few feet, it will affect the length of your shot. For holes that are above you, you’ll need to add more power than normal, and for holes below you, you need less, as your ball will sail over the grid landing area.

Also, rather than try to hit your club at medium power, it’s often better to go down a club and hit that at higher power. The game doesn’t always pick the best club for the shot.

Backspin and topspin are pretty important too. If you’re landing a ball on the downward facing slope of a hill, put some backspin on it so it stops. This is also useful for controlling the length of normal shots.

Rain also heavily affects your ability to hit for distance, as well as how much the ball rolls

One last thing, if you hit a power shot perfectly (the last bar on the power swing and perfect accuracy), you get the power shot back and don’t lose one

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 15, 2022

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

......gently caress golf!

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Irl golf is an elitist sport that’s bad for the environment. Video game golf is rad as gently caress and fun for everyone, Mario Golf rules

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am very biased because I spent hundreds of hours on Mario golf 64 in college, but I like it better than the actual Mario golf for switch.

Game is real good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they ought to port Maximo to the Nintendo Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

An Actual Princess posted:

I'm under the impression you're supposed to sleep on it.

(It's so good)