Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The duality of man

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Mahoutsukai Reimeiki op got that strong 2000s energy, made me kinda nostalgic. Shame the show itself isn't good.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

sb hermit posted:

I watched Kaginato because the episodes were short and it's boring as f*ck because I have never played a Key VN. Although I've watched someone play Planetarian once (if you can call it that).

Kaginado is almost entirely reference jokes so yeah I would not bother if you're not reasonably familiar with the 2000s Key games (or anime adaptations). They're including Angel Beats for the new season, which is at least slightly more current.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My soul, your beats….

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Namtab posted:

My soul, your beats….

Still lowkey one of my top 10 anime of all time. :(

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Still lowkey one of my top 10 anime of all time. :(

:yeah:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

there's like 10x more griping about someone doing something as wild and crazy as "try a couple episodes of an anime in a popular genre and make a post about the experience" than there are genuine posts about any of the latest isekai animes

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Manju show makes me want to eat manju

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

It doesn't make me want to be a parent though

marumaru
May 20, 2013

manju show is good, also

kater
Nov 16, 2010

aww Lil baby ghost so cute

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Thankfully, the second episode of Skeleton Knight is better than the first, though just about anything would be. This episode is more typical of the series as he helps a kid gather herbs. Don't mind the graphic content warning, it's for blood later in the episode, I think.

For the love of god, skip episode one. Watch episode two instead. It tells you everything you need to know, really, and there's only one bit in episode one that comes back later.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Or you could just not watch dollar store discount Overlord that mainly advertises itself by appealing to the worst kind of anime fan by having all the PVs and ep 1 heavily focus on an attempted rape scene where a girl pisses herself. Which is shown twice.

But maybe that's just me :geno:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Julias posted:

Or you could just not watch dollar store discount Overlord that mainly advertises itself by appealing to the worst kind of anime fan by having all the PVs and ep 1 heavily focus on an attempted rape scene where a girl pisses herself. Which is shown twice.

I'm just really disappointed in what they did to this manga.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Oh hey, looks like Summertime Render is releasing on Disney+.... for japan only.... great. Well I'm sure a fansub will be out soon and not get turbofucked by the Mouse almost immediately.

One less show to watch this season I guess. Sooo glad Disney is extending into this market too!

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 15, 2022

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i look forward to the MTLsubs :thumbsup:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Julias posted:

If it was supposed to be an Overlord clone, I'd agree. However this is supposed to be a more typical (and comedic) story which is why the first episode being such a trash fire is so hugely disappointing.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The last show that someone said to just skip (part of) the first episode was Idaten. I'm not falling for that again lol

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Nephthys posted:

Oh hey, looks like Summertime Render is releasing on Disney+.... for japan only.... great. Well I'm sure a fansub will be out soon and not get turbofucked by the Mouse almost immediately.

One less show to watch this season I guess. Sooo glad Disney is extending into this market too!

That's a really weird show to be on Disney+, its not super family friendly. Not that it is ultra-violent or anything though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
do you think the disney exec who picked it randomly out of a list was paying attention

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nephthys posted:

There's been Disney+ stuff on the catsite that's still up there, it'll be fine.

E: gently caress lol they also licensed Tatami Time Machine Blues lol gently caress

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Really upset about Disney moving into the anime market in this way. It would be much better if they worldwide released those shows, it's not like they don't have the setup for it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hopefully it's a Netflix Jail situation where once it's finished, they get the worldwide release with the multiple dubs and sub translations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

That's a really weird show to be on Disney+, its not super family friendly. Not that it is ultra-violent or anything though.

Chapek has been pushing hard for Disney Plus to have more "adult" content since before he was in charge, even as Iger tried to keep the branding strong. Having an "edgier" anime fits with Chapek's goals better.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they have the new black rock shooter too which looks a lot edgier than summertime render. they clearly picked these shows out of hat though yeah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Every time they talk about the Netflix MCU series on D+, they also talk about their new parental controls, so yeah they're gearing up for that stuff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

If it was supposed to be an Overlord clone, I'd agree. However this is supposed to be a more typical (and comedic) story which is why the first episode being such a trash fire is so hugely disappointing.

went to look at the manga and ch1 seems to be exactly the same as what people are complaining about, a couple chapters later you have a dude getting off to stabbing female elf slaves, and a few chapters later you have a fat rich guy raping more elf slaves. there's some normal fantasy monster fight stuff and then they have to save a bunch of pregnant beastwoman slaves, they run across some guys beating a prostitute who stop to talk about raping her etc.

seems like they really like to invoke specific tropes for their villains and people should just steer clear entirely if ep1 turned them off, especially since some of this later stuff is at least as gratuitous as ch1.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Jesus christ what a shitshow. :yikes:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dogsicle posted:

went to look at the manga and ch1 seems to be exactly the same as what people are complaining about, a couple chapters later you have a dude getting off to stabbing female elf slaves, and a few chapters later you have a fat rich guy raping more elf slaves. there's some normal fantasy monster fight stuff and then they have to save a bunch of pregnant beastwoman slaves, they run across some guys beating a prostitute who stop to talk about raping her etc.

seems like they really like to invoke specific tropes for their villains and people should just steer clear entirely if ep1 turned them off, especially since some of this later stuff is at least as gratuitous as ch1.

This sounds really bad.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

where can I watch it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dogsicle posted:

looking forward to seeing 50 more posts about it in this thread over the coming months

when everyone should watch healer girl instead

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Miss Shachiku and Little Baby Ghost is on crunchy

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Maybe we need a :gas: for the things people should skip in the season to keep the recursive arguments away.

The 7th Guest posted:

when everyone should watch healer girl instead
I noticed there's a second healer girl anime and it's really bad and not funny.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

kater posted:

Miss Shachiku and Little Baby Ghost is on crunchy

A delightful little show, and the only thing seriously competing with it for the season's DIABEETUS award is Anya Forger.

"Ya boy, Kongming!" continues to both confuse and amuse me, and watching all the weebs going gaga for that banger opening means we'll be seeing that dance at every anime con for the next decade.

And on Estab-Life.... PANTIES! Well, the lack thereof. And a little bit of foreshadowing right at the end. Very enjoyable.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Maybe we need a :gas: for the things people should skip in the season to keep the recursive arguments away.

I noticed there's a second healer girl anime and it's really bad and not funny.

No, I don't want to go back to the Zorak era of "these series are bad and no one is allowed to talk about them"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tamba posted:

No, I don't want to go back to the Zorak era of "these series are bad and no one is allowed to talk about them"

I would prefer "these series are bad and so we must dunk on them in depth and great detail"

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
What if we had a seasonal thread and a seasonal isekai thread?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

was azumanga ever bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

except kimura, of course