Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

In the ultraliberal vision quest you convince mega rich light-bending guy to give you over 200,000 reál in stocks. You then get idiot doom spiral to be your brand manager and he fixes the horseback rider statue up all pretty. It owns because you get an extra element on your UI that tracks your net worth (that’s thousands of times higher than your money on hand) and it’s entirely, utterly useless because you can’t cash out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Ahh, but does Number go up?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
They're worth replaying for imo (I think you can unlock all the ideologies and then save before the night of Day 3 when the conversation for the quest unlocks) or at least looking up on youtube or something.

The moralist quest has you forming a committee of responsible citizens and then potentially getting blackbagged by the government while doing weird radio stuff that plays dialog you won't get on that playthrough

The fascist quest has you talk to a bunch of fascists and then having a male bonding session with Measurehead and then you're constipated forever with your new expression

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Hipster Occultist posted:

What happens in those? I played at release and never went back for the director's cut.

the communist vision quest is basically total destruction against irony and is pretty much ZA/UM saying "ok for real this is what we believe in"

the others are excellent pieces in their own respective rights, but the 2nd best (which is also incredible) is the moralist one. In relation to the world they've built, as an elaboration to the setting, it's extremely good any way it goes: it's either the perfect conclusion to a fully committed moralist Harry or how the dominant ideology must be failed for Revachol to have any chance

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Can anyone check something in-game for me?

I've got a guide:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1921534085&tscn=1649871112

And someone mentioned your relationship with Kim gets dinked for " "honoring" yourself in front of Kim, and telling Kim that you didn't r*pe Klaasje after Titus mentions her".

Verify and report please?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
For the love of god don’t tell Kim the second one

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

christmas boots posted:

For the love of god don’t tell Kim the second one

I think you don't have a choice if you fail the composure check or what was it, which is pretty hard if you chose to tell her that you want to have gently caress with her.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

SexyBlindfold posted:

I think you don't have a choice if you fail the composure check or what was it, which is pretty hard if you chose to tell her that you want to have gently caress with her.

I think you have to acknowledge your earlier encounter with her. You do not have to pick the "I didn't rape her" option. In fact I'm pretty sure if one of your skills is high enough (rhetoric I think) it warns you to pick anything but that one.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
No, that one's optional, it's a trap to make sure you actually think about what you're saying instead of just clicking every dialogue choice in order.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

YggiDee posted:

No, that one's optional, it's a trap to make sure you actually think about what you're saying instead of just clicking every dialogue choice in order.

I clicked it because it was very funny to make my character say.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I clicked it because I'm a tremendous fuckup

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Nanomashoes posted:

I clicked it because it was very funny to make my character say.

"I think Kim will probably be relieved to know it wasn't me this time"

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

How does the voice over handle the extremely long number in the videogame company?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It plays white noise IIRC

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://twitter.com/luftballons66/status/1515019877303656458?t=c0TJwK94vD36DljOhkbZgA&s=19

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters
HALF-LIGHT [Godly - Success] - Cancelled? That's nothing. You know where this little poo poo lives. Post his house address online, see how Cuno loving cares about that?

VOLITION [Easy - Success] - For the love of god please just log off.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RHETORIC [Medium - Success] - NEVER LOG OFF.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

midnight lasagna posted:

HALF-LIGHT [Godly - Success] - Cancelled? That's nothing. You know where this little poo poo lives. Post his house address online, see how Cuno loving cares about that?

VOLITION [Easy - Success] - For the love of god please just log off.

HALF-LIGHT [Easy - Success] https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?lang=en

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'm never going to log off. Never. Not unlike my personal hero who never "logged off" Contact Mike.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I'm never going to log off. Never. Not unlike my personal hero who never "logged off" Contact Mike.

Yeah? Any news on my wife's name? How about my mother?

ENCYCLOPEDIA [Easy - Failure]
https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

SAVOIR FAIRE [Legendary : Success] Why are you still fretting over this? You are too *cool* to care.

LOGIC [Trivial : Success] That is highly improbable.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
LOGIC [Trivial : Success] @druboil spend less on candles

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

SexyBlindfold posted:

LOGIC [Trivial : Success] @druboil spend less on candles

VOLITION [Trivial : Failure] No.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I'd have gone godly electrochemistry, personally

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

ELECTROCHEMISTRY [ Godly : Success ] What candle is this? "Sex on the beach"? More like "sex in my lungs"! Oh yeah, breathe deep, baby!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
A brief update, I managed to repair my relationship with Kim all the way up to the maximum ...only to gurgle blood at him instead of telling him to move. Cuno and I just read a lot of communard words, so I'm gonna sit on a bench before I finish out my playthrough.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Discuss.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Debate.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Coach Physical Instrument: Are you a bad enough dude to have a sobbing breakdown?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

Coach Physical Instrument: Are you a bad enough dude to have a sobbing breakdown?

I made the correct decision.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cunoesse used a slur so its only proper to own her, by crying

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

alright so is the cunoesse actually some kind of boggart-like supernatural creature as suggested or is the point supposed to be that her real story is so terrible that a ridiculous alternative appeals to The Cop as a more pleasant possibility

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Doc Hawkins posted:

alright so is the cunoesse actually some kind of boggart-like supernatural creature as suggested or is the point supposed to be that her real story is so terrible that a ridiculous alternative appeals to The Cop as a more pleasant possibility

Pretty sure it's the latter, as it's very heavily implied she's one of the children used to film snuff videos that managed to escape

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yes Cunoesse has a very hosed up backstory that is hinted at but never fully fleshed out that I've seen. She's escaped trafficking or something similar and now lives with Cuno in sewers and seems genuinely disappointed when you fail to shoot her.

The game putting extremely real and extremely hosed up things you can't just click a button to solve right up front was absolutely intentional and is the reason a lot of the early reviews were claiming the game is pro-fascism or whatever

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
ridiculous. you can't get above amateur fascism.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

ridiculous. you can't get above amateur fascism.

That's only because Contact Mike is who they've gotta beat to get into the pro-circuit

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I beat the original game when it first came out and I'm finally doing a second playthrough now with all the new stuff. I was wondering if I should ignore adding stats and go fully on the thoughts? I think I started a 1/1/5/5 spread or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

poe meater posted:

I beat the original game when it first came out and I'm finally doing a second playthrough now with all the new stuff. I was wondering if I should ignore adding stats and go fully on the thoughts? I think I started a 1/1/5/5 spread or something.

do 5/5/1/1 to see a bunch of new stuff and invest in the skills you're enjoying hearing from imho. I never felt strapped for points such that I felt like I needed to neglect either side