Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
It constantly gets me just how hollow and unimaginative the current Labour leadership are. They just have absolutely no ideas, about anything. Like, it just drives me crazy seeing them fight like absolute rabid dogs to hold onto power and then not even attempt to have some vision of the future other than "reward hard working Britons, ???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

MikeCrotch posted:

It constantly gets me just how hollow and unimaginative the current Labour leadership are. They just have absolutely no ideas, about anything. Like, it just drives me crazy seeing them fight like absolute rabid dogs to hold onto power and then not even attempt to have some vision of the future other than "reward hard working Britons, ???"

uhm, excuse me??

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I can't get over how pale keith looks in that one.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My policy shelf is stuffed with skills wallets

K9
May 6, 2007

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I can't get over how pale keith looks in that one.

It's that pink pancake makeup they just slap on every time someone is on camera. You can see a line of his true gammon skin colour just below the hairline.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
he looks like he's seen a ghost

(it's corbyn)

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

nawilo_420 posted:

uhm, excuse me??

what an herb

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

gonadic io posted:

Brits are jealous of Guantanamo Bay

we have jersey or guernesey use them

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jel Shaker posted:

we have jersey or guernesey use them

they literally tried using the falklands if you remember

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1514660797082918913

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

so the UK is selling off Channel 4 to a private company?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Severance is one of the better shows I've been watching recently, but the naming of the founding father of the possibly evil corporation at the centre of the plot has led to some moments.

Clyde Radcliffe has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Apr 15, 2022

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There is zero chance anybody sent to Rwanda makes it anywhere from there.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Nonsense posted:

Would you say that instead of all the intermediate solutions of just condemned army barracks, it's instead some kind of...ultimate solution to the problem?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Nonsense posted:

Rwanda forever?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

Their organs might.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

:whitewater:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Nonsense posted:

That's the actual plan

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1514673977075159040?t=f6ISCVxBbEcKxcxEIrApfA&s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
TFW when children of men's refugee city was too optimistic

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
None of the Tories have watched past the first 10 mins of Children of Men.
They cum too fast every time.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Children of Men was about a world without hope and I guess that's where we are, just without the fantastical cause

we arrived at this world entirely by our own hand

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Regarde Aduck posted:

Children of Men was about a world without hope and I guess that's where we are, just without the fantastical cause

Like the Simpsons' supposed prediction abilities, he was instead writing about the trends he saw at the time.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

Hope? In this economy?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-supply-chain-angela-rayner-b2059290.html
now this is levelling up

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

did people think the plan was to ship them to rwanda then bring them back???

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

*me reading history books about Brits shipping undesirables to Australia for a century

Wow what a crazy world we had in the past, so brutal! hahahaha

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
These are real

https://twitter.com/JoeCoxEastLDN/status/1516047839738085381?t=5tjz20ct9WdQIQaT_2PKVg&s=19

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Really do not like Labour going in on the Tories being "high tax". Especially when the idea of raising taxes to pay for public spending has never been more popular

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
As yes the soaring cost of living, caused by the huge increases in taxation in the last 2 years.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Really do not like Labour

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Same OP, same

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I am seeing how the Democrats are alienating the young folks who voted in Biden and thinking, Christ, Kieth is committed to loving over the youth here too, so why would young people in England or Wales ever vote for Labour if their only election tactic is 'the other guys are worse'?

I imagine the local elections will bring about a higher number of Tory wins in England and Wales than anyone would ever expect, purely because Kieth is such a non-entity and Labour is turning into the Democrats

idk, this whole lovely island is hosed

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Venomous posted:

I am seeing how the Democrats are alienating the young folks who voted in Biden and thinking, Christ, Kieth is committed to loving over the youth here too, so why would young people in England or Wales ever vote for Labour if their only election tactic is 'the other guys are worse'?

I imagine the local elections will bring about a higher number of Tory wins in England and Wales than anyone would ever expect, purely because Kieth is such a non-entity and Labour is turning into the Democrats

idk, this whole lovely island is hosed

but this is the point, right? nobody thinks any of this poo poo is an electoral slam dunk- the entire point is the alienation of another generation from politics.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I can't tell if I'm infuriated by his ignorance or stunned by his naivete.

Both, I guess.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

bitmap posted:

but this is the point, right? nobody thinks any of this poo poo is an electoral slam dunk- the entire point is the alienation of another generation from politics.

idk, I feel like both Labour under Kieth and the Democrats under Biden genuinely believe they're doing the right thing, because they're loving neoliberal idiots who don't know how to resist fascism short of saying 'yes, the other folks are fascists, but you need to vote for our neoliberals to keep the fascists out of power for the next five years'

sure, it'll alienate another generation from politics, but hey, at least we beat the fascists!!!

What's that you kids say, you want good things? gently caress off commies

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Do I gotta post kingdom of conscience again

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

gonadic io posted:

the bourgeois are not human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

gonadic io posted:

there is never a bad time to post kingdom of conscience

e: I mean, yeah, okay, 'Moralists don't really *have* beliefs' and I take your point

what I'm trying to say is that it is going to be loving hilarious to see Labour die over the next two years

Venomous has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Apr 18, 2022