Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gottem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

macabresca posted:

I read Goodnight Punpun :smith: Knew more or less what I was getting into but I feel so numb now

I feel ya. :smithicide:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

marumaru posted:

maybe people would like you if you could stand up normally

Little steppy

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

macabresca posted:

I read Goodnight Punpun :smith: Knew more or less what I was getting into but I feel so numb now

It's a vibe for sure.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Paracelsus posted:

Little steppy

Big steppy

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

By the way, I was looking forward to finding a moment that your av is from. Once got to it I was (briefly) excited but mostly emotionally crushed

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lurking Haro posted:

Chibi Bomberman fists
Chibi Bomberman Hands is a good username.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/1515107714984198153?s=20&t=WNfJuBCRwtQB2qDFbUrraQ

marumaru
May 20, 2013

nice! the new anime was super nice, the mangakas drawings were so good that it makes me want to read the manga.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m going to watch more than the first episode of wonder egg now.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

enjoy :cheerdoge:

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

kater posted:

it's cool, even though the end is possibly the worst ending to anything ever. i guess the 30 seconds of ai karaoke is good

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i've been thinking about this for a while, and after a lot of deliberation i've determined that Sodachi Oikura's interrogation room dining room wins the Best Monogatari Room award. congratulations Sodachi Oikura's room

marumaru
May 20, 2013

kater posted:

i dont regret watching wegg, even if it didnt come even close to realizing its potential.
i also like saying wegg

marumaru
May 20, 2013

also kaguya continues to be just really h*cking great
posting this may or may not have to be a weekly occurrence

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like saying wonder egg has an ending is generous, but there's plenty to enjoy before that point

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wegg's ending joins the ranks of endless eight and aot's final final seasons as one of the greatest trolls in the history of anime

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this seems, incredibly unkind to the endless eight

marumaru
May 20, 2013

a troll's a troll, but not all trolls are made equal

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think calling a bad ending a troll is far too generous to the writer.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Troll would imply it's deliberate the author is laughing all the way to the bank, not that they turned out to be creatively bankrupt and just threw it together last minute.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

hanlon's razor, right

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the trans manga the writer of wonder egg wrote ends with the main character sleeping with the trans girl in the hospital and telling her about how her ptsd and self-hatred is caused by s genes that punish people when they get sad, and then it time skips to years later and he visits a bisexual woman he had sex with as a teenager and tells him about how he uncovered her secret twin sister as she is dying of aids. and then a girl tells him an earlier plot twist about the trans girl loving his entire myriad of girlfriends he was all cheating on at the same time was actually her and the trans girl setting an elaborate prank, and she did not actually have sex with any of them. the manga treats this all as a deep moment of personal understanding and catharsis that guy completely buys into all of that stuff as the deepest thing ever

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

marumaru posted:

wegg's ending joins the ranks of endless eight and aot's final final seasons as one of the greatest trolls in the history of anime

all those things are real good so I can only conclude that trolling is great

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Attacky Titan ftw

marumaru
May 20, 2013

The Colonel posted:

the trans manga the writer of wonder egg wrote ends with the main character sleeping with the trans girl in the hospital and telling her about how her ptsd and self-hatred is caused by s genes that punish people when they get sad, and then it time skips to years later and he visits a bisexual woman he had sex with as a teenager and tells him about how he uncovered her secret twin sister as she is dying of aids. and then a girl tells him an earlier plot twist about the trans girl loving his entire myriad of girlfriends he was all cheating on at the same time was actually her and the trans girl setting an elaborate prank, and she did not actually have sex with any of them. the manga treats this all as a deep moment of personal understanding and catharsis that guy completely buys into all of that stuff as the deepest thing ever

wow.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hate when that happens

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Colonel posted:

I was hoping for a super power when I activate my s gene not existential dread.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Colonel posted:

well then

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

The Colonel posted:

also has a scene where the mc stands up at a school assembly and tells everyone that the trans girl might get bottom surgery, and 'you shouldn't blame her for that and say it's her own fault, just like you shouldn't say that that journalist getting beheaded in iraq was his own fault', and then the whole school stands up and claps

it's a deeply weird work

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
uh anyway
https://twitter.com/Srganuch/status/1514662109002575885

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

macabresca posted:

it hits deep op.

the good vibrations guy is a mood, though. it's insane how depressing, numb, and awful it is the entire way through without ever feeling like it's too much.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Apraxin posted:

also has a scene where the mc stands up at a school assembly and tells everyone that the trans girl might get bottom surgery, and 'you shouldn't blame her for that and say it's her own fault, just like you shouldn't say that that journalist getting beheaded in iraq was his own fault', and then the whole school stands up and claps

it's a deeply weird work

i know it's probably just because the tl was awful but. "she's going to cut off her penis. her entire penis. and she's not even scared. how can you not admire that courage?" is. like man i'd. i'd applaud that line if the point of the scene was to be a joke about how insane that speech was and not the writer thinking it was brilliant and inspiring

sunu sumu is nuts because it's an incredible manga of, bizarre jokes about a guy who thinks he's a brilliant trans ally doing and saying things that make no sense whatsoever. but no the guy is supposed to be right. you are supposed to think he's smart. at no point is anything about the protagonist called into question. even when depicted doing really awful and near sociopathic things he's still written like you're supposed to admire him and think he's cool and interesting. it is one of the most confusing works of fiction i have ever witnessed

though it's, also legitimately interesting how it highlights what's good about wonder egg. the girls in wonder egg are really fun leads who have a great, natural dynamic together during the period of the show where it's watchable. sunu sumu doesn't really have anything like them so, it takes like no time to descend into being near unreadable and completely narratively incoherent and unlikable. the trans girl gets some good lines but she also gets the least lines in the entire story and it's surreal cause only when she's getting to take the stage does it ever feel like the story has a single cohesive shred of understanding and empathy for her. but she's not the main character so that doesnt get to happen often

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 16, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wonder Egg's characters were really good and kept me into the series as the second half started to go down the drain but the show even ruined that in the end

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Retvrn

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
id rather not return to ouran that shows kinda mid

i'd watch black lagoon or strawberry panic tho

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Colonel posted:

id rather not return to ouran that shows kinda mid

i'd watch black lagoon or strawberry panic tho

Shut the gently caress up Colonel

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/SakurafaceOOC/status/1514785582727147527?t=Wt39h9KAXL_xIKBIhABMrg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Plutonis posted:

Shut the gently caress up Colonel

piss off