Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jazzzzz posted:

I hope it is just a loose battery lug, but if the mouse infestation was as bad as you said it was it'd be a miracle if the little shits didn't chew on your wiring harness somewhere.

I haven't seen any chewed wiring yet, and I've been pretty deep into the bike on a few occasions, the mouse seemed mostly to live in the airbox and under the seat. Its still absolutely a possibility that I missed something though.

cursedshitbox posted:

random rear end short to ground. Start the main switch and its wiring.

This is my second guess behind loose battery lug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also lol at the thought of buying 65 miles of wire to make a new loom

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Also lol at the thought of buying 65 miles of wire to make a new loom

Don't forget the dollar store spade terminals and some wire nuts

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

Don't forget the dollar store spade terminals and some wire nuts

Every single one of them the same (wrong) size

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Every single one of them the same (wrong) size

No no, two of them will be the perfect size, it's the other 498 in the pack that won't

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

the corn lobby should be drowned in their own product

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Thank You Brandon

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

right arm posted:

Thank You Brandon

you can just say gently caress Biden, the whole "let's go Brandon" thing is dumb as hell

Crude prices are high b/c OPEC isn't increasing production, refineries were taken offline over the winter so there's less production capacity plus they're switching to summer blends which cost more anyway AND oil companies are taking profits and planning to issue record high stock buybacks vs spending to bring more production online, plus people are "done with COVID" and traveling more or being told they have to come back to the office, so there's more demand. Biden's already authorized the release of 1mil barrels of crude/day for the next 6 months from the strategic oil reserve. Realistically the white house and whoever's in it have approximately jack and poo poo they can do to materially affect prices at the pump; the E15 thing is just Biden making sure it looks like he's doing whatever he can

the article posted:

The courts struck down a prior bid by Biden's predecessor, Republican Donald Trump, in 2019 to extend a waiver that allowed year-round sales of E15.

The officials previewing Biden's announcement said his administration would use a different "approach" and "authority" than Trump, but did not offer details.

Trump did the same thing, BTW, so uh - yeah?

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009
Gas prices are nuts because oil is nearly fungible and imports from Russia are way down due to the war, not due to OPEC or whatever. (I mean ok yes OPEC could up production, but they are not the proximate cause here, Putin's nervous breakdown is)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

right arm posted:

Thank You Brandon

The right in “right arm” makes more sense now

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

That isnt ironic like the new Thanks Obama? That’s sincere?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Not to derail the MAGA chat, but lord help me I started looking at new/used NC750x bikes again.
It's a good thing I can't really find any locally. There's one dealer trying to sell the base model for $1200 over MSRP. Also the only dealer with any stock, I wonder if that's a coincidence.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheBacon posted:

That isnt ironic like the new Thanks Obama? That’s sincere?

Why can’t we say both sincerely?

quick edit: forgot they’re both democrats because I just don’t like politicians in general, regardless of party affiliation.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Joking or not the Brandon thing is tremendously stupid and reminds everyone that boomers act like 6th graders.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I can honestly say, as a non American, I have no idea who you're talking about, so at least the contagion appears to be contained this time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

I can honestly say, as a non American, I have no idea who you're talking about, so at least the contagion appears to be contained this time.

Whatever you think it is, its dumber than that.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

It is literally the worst part of American culture right now

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The implication being there are not so bad parts of American culture rn, citation needed

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

It is literally the worst part of American culture right now

Which is saying a loving lot.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

TotalLossBrain posted:

Not to derail the MAGA chat, but lord help me I started looking at new/used NC750x bikes again.
It's a good thing I can't really find any locally. There's one dealer trying to sell the base model for $1200 over MSRP. Also the only dealer with any stock, I wonder if that's a coincidence.

Talking with dealers, at least in the US, we don’t get very many of the bikes, but there’s a small hardcore fan base that seems to buy them up. I had to pre-order mine months in advance, and all the dealers in my city had theirs spoken for quickly. (Each dealer only gets one or two)

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

The implication being there are not so bad parts of American culture rn, citation needed

Aren’t you a Harley Davidson Stan

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Aren’t you a Harley Davidson Stan

You think this is a gotcha, but it's really just another demonstration of broken American brains. Harley Davidson is a company that manufactures motorcycles and merch, and has existed for over a century. You could argue American 'culture' is to put a sale sticker on everything including bigotry, but that's not HD's fault as far as I can tell. It would be like someone criticizing Japanese war crimes getting told 'but you still like Mitsubishi and they made the Zero!!!' as if the cars are responsible for the imperial war machine.

Their merch is garbage but that's irrelevant to me because I don't ride or work on merch. I like their motorcycles and I think they're a good product. It is possible for me to have these two seemingly-but-not-really contradictive thoughts in my head at once, because I haven't been totally poisoned by American thing good/thing bad culture.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

you can just say gently caress Biden, the whole "let's go Brandon" thing is dumb as hell

Crude prices are high b/c OPEC isn't increasing production, refineries were taken offline over the winter so there's less production capacity plus they're switching to summer blends which cost more anyway AND oil companies are taking profits and planning to issue record high stock buybacks vs spending to bring more production online, plus people are "done with COVID" and traveling more or being told they have to come back to the office, so there's more demand. Biden's already authorized the release of 1mil barrels of crude/day for the next 6 months from the strategic oil reserve. Realistically the white house and whoever's in it have approximately jack and poo poo they can do to materially affect prices at the pump; the E15 thing is just Biden making sure it looks like he's doing whatever he can

Trump did the same thing, BTW, so uh - yeah?

Lol c’mon dude

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

You think this is a gotcha, but it's really just another demonstration of broken American brains. Harley Davidson is a company that manufactures motorcycles and merch, and has existed for over a century. You could argue American 'culture' is to put a sale sticker on everything including bigotry, but that's not HD's fault as far as I can tell. It would be like someone criticizing Japanese war crimes getting told 'but you still like Mitsubishi and they made the Zero!!!' as if the cars are responsible for the imperial war machine.

Their merch is garbage but that's irrelevant to me because I don't ride or work on merch. I like their motorcycles and I think they're a good product. It is possible for me to have these two seemingly-but-not-really contradictive thoughts in my head at once, because I haven't been totally poisoned by American thing good/thing bad culture.

relax bud, just havin a chuckle

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The world is lame, ride bikes and eventually be dead.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

relax bud, just havin a chuckle

I've only just gotten rid of an AV bought for me by someone who couldn't understand that good and bad are movie concepts and not how reality works, I'm on a hair trigger ok!! Regardless:

Rolo posted:

The world is lame, ride bikes and eventually be dead.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Can we add be gay and do crimes to that list, it seems best.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I mean depending on where and how you're riding those two are already included

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Can we add be gay and do crimes to that list, it seems best.

Local slang for that here in Hampton Roads is doing hood rat poo poo and I love it.

Speaking of which, I ended up having to buy a new front wheel because mine was bent incredibly from me doing the spider-man stunt over the car that failed to yield on me last year. I've spent over a grand getting my bike ridable again since then and now I'm wishing I had just made a claim against her. :(

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I've exceeded the speed limit while having another gay dude on the back of my bike. Was very gay, did mild crime.
We made sure other folks on the road thought of us like 'drat, those two look so gay'.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In summary:

be gay and do crimes

Otherwise, this isn’t cspam

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 17, 2022

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

LimaBiker posted:

I've exceeded the speed limit while having another gay dude on the back of my bike. Was very gay, did mild crime.
We made sure other folks on the road thought of us like 'drat, those two look so gay'.

The bar has been set.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

LimaBiker posted:

I'm assuming you guys were dressed like Tom of Finland bikers

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
X Post because holy moly

spankmeister posted:

combustin' makes me feel good

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ru Paul’s Fury Road

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Ru Paul’s Fury Road

I'm down

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The costumes would be amazing

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

quote:

combustin' makes me feel good

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Lord Stroker & the Disciples of Brap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

"You got a bussy in that thing?"