Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Atrocious Joe posted:

i saw some post by a rando last week which was basically: I realize my life will be shorter and worse because of repeated COVID infections, so I'm prioritizing going out and having new experiences with the time I now have

new experiences, such as:

going to applebees

seeing a spider-man movie

visiting the in-laws

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

don’t kink shame

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

*1812 Overture plays*

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

empty whippet box posted:

it makes me sad to think that people would visit new orleans and eat at loving applebee's but they absolutely would and do
They got Subway restaurants there too, if you’re ever in the mood for a sandwich

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zugzwang posted:

They got Subway restaurants there too, if you’re ever in the mood for a sandwich

hnnnng :hotpickle:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zugzwang posted:

don't forget about Long John Silver's

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 19:08 on Mar 4, 2023

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Atrocious Joe posted:

i saw some post by a rando last week which was basically: I realize my life will be shorter and worse because of repeated COVID infections, so I'm prioritizing going out and having new experiences with the time I now have

Not even wrong. No one's going to do poo poo about this at all. Same with climate change.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a piece of deep forums lore: if you remember gooncon new orleans, I worked at a nearby krispy kreme at the time and showed up with like 50 dozens of donuts and just laid em out on tables and walked off. (I barely paid anything for em lol, krispy kreme throws away nearly 1000 pounds of donuts *per day* and so didn't give a poo poo about me taking a shitload of them for like 10% the normal price, basically paid for the raw mats and we made 'em while it was dead)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fosborb posted:

brother in law had to convince his PCP to give him a PCR. "it's almost certainly the flu. that's what's going around right now"

COVID positive

Doctors being complete idiots and aiding the spread is not something I would have guessed when all this started. Even if you thought it was the flu it’s one sample to test for both!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

"We're all covid free, you can take the masks off if you wanna!"
"I'm good"
"So let's start with the shelves..."

boom, easy peasy. Thank you again Trixie :buddy:
:coolspot:

Animal-Mother posted:

new experiences, such as:

going to applebees

seeing a spider-man movie

visiting the in-laws
People will get sick and some will die because they had to see Morbius in the theater

quoting to add to the next OP update

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Not even wrong. No one's going to do poo poo about this at all. Same with climate change.

the difference is that climate change won't cause brain fog and permanent lung/sensory damage (probably)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a piece of deep forums lore: if you remember gooncon new orleans, I worked at a nearby krispy kreme at the time and showed up with like 50 dozens of donuts and just laid em out on tables and walked off. (I barely paid anything for em lol, krispy kreme throws away nearly 1000 pounds of donuts *per day* and so didn't give a poo poo about me taking a shitload of them for like 10% the normal price, basically paid for the raw mats and we made 'em while it was dead)

drat that rules

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

What proportion of them were eaten?

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1515284320184934403

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Petey posted:

over the past ~14 days i had a sore throat that moved around and then dived deep into my chest and gave me the worst coughing "lungs full of fiberglass" destroy my voice resting heart rate up 20+ bpm overnight. also had 10 negative pcr tests during that time. last night, my girlfriend, who has the same thing and also a slew of negative pcr tests, couldn't catch her breath from coughing.

i have an oximeter and it doesn't look like we ever dropped below 96 but boy, either this is the world's worst hellcold or there's a pcr-evading strain in boston

well, it is an innovative city

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Petey posted:

yeah, rapid tests (throat swabbed) were also negative, and no loss of smell/taste. what's interesting is that you see a pattern around My University Employer's dorms where student have these bad cold symptoms for several days and then only pop PCR positive a few days in. so i'm wondering if one of the things that is happening there is coinfections with a bad cold and presymptomatic covid.

Those delayed positives sound weird.

My original question was motivated from knowing a few symptomatic people that somehow tested positive on a lateral flow but negative on PCR. It's obviously very possible for a PCR to produce a false negative by random chance. However your post made me wonder if there could actually be some kind of specifically-PCR evading variant.

Zugzwang posted:

Out of curiosity, are those particularly good lateral flow tests? I got both BinaxNOW and iHealth tests when I ordered the free government ones.

No, not claiming that at all and really don't know. Just know from personal experience and a few random twitter comparisons that the iHealth tests definitely detect Omicron BA.1 at least.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

WampaLord posted:

the difference is that climate change won't cause brain fog and permanent lung/sensory damage (probably)

actually increased carbon dioxide does gently caress up your brain and microplastics have been found to cross the blood brain barrier and causing inflamation. so does air pollution in general - your brain and your lungs. Imagine your eventual bout with BA.2000 after a lifetime of being blasted with toxic pollution.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Being a giant weeb, the one specific thing I hold onto for the future is that I want to go to Tokyo so I can go do weeb things, as well as see sumo live and a NPB game since they sound and look way cooler than MLB. I have a big Nanoblocks set of Tokyo that I want to put together soon now that I finally have my job stuff getting resolved and feel like I can take a lot of time to do something for fun.

Given the continued state of everything I have no idea if I'll ever actually get to take my trip but its still nice to have a thing to look forward to during all of this.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bathtub Cheese posted:

What proportion of them were eaten?

a lot, but I went off with some folks elsewhere to hang out after a few hours so no idea if they all did but I made sure I brought the good ones, not just a bunch of glazed. it was one of the gooniest things I've ever seen, like 6 tables literally just filled with fuckin krispy kreme donuts, it ruled.

if anyone remembers Putnam, I hung out with that dude that night for a while, I don't remember how that wound up happening lol. Dude turned out to be some kinda weirdo as I recall.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

but enough about my posting

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fosborb posted:

brother in law had to convince his PCP to give him a PCR. "it's almost certainly the flu. that's what's going around right now"

COVID positive

IT ISNT FLU SEASON

FUCKS SAKE

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

at least several of them will shortly get the opportunity to worship him face to face

stump collector
May 28, 2007
rabbit season duck season joke someone made hundreds of pages ago and laughing to myself

save ppe season
clapback season
mask season
cuomo for president season
vaxx season
cases up deaths down
deaths up cases down
tests gone season
flu season

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

IT ISNT FLU SEASON

FUCKS SAKE

yeah though while it's been a better than usual flu season, it is... being strange this year

still, lol. it's loving covid, doc

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if the flu suddenly got so deadly it had like a 3% CFR everyone would still be like 'it's just the flu' lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bathtub Cheese posted:

actually increased carbon dioxide does gently caress up your brain and microplastics have been found to cross the blood brain barrier and causing inflamation. so does air pollution in general - your brain and your lungs. Imagine your eventual bout with BA.2000 after a lifetime of being blasted with toxic pollution.

yeah, bad wording, i meant it will cause it much slower than covid does

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

COVID world champ found

https://twitter.com/xabitron1/status/1515002254398570498

One weird trick to avoiding Omicron, just stay infected with Alpha for 18 months

lol

lmao

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

if anyone remembers Putnam, I hung out with that dude that night for a while, I don't remember how that wound up happening lol. Dude turned out to be some kinda weirdo as I recall.

Holy crap that's a name from another era.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

fosborb posted:

COVID positive

thinking about how many of this doctor's patients have "the flu" and also how if you diagnose the first 5 people wrong and then use that "body of evidence" to diagnose everyone that follows wrongly because "the flu is going around"

:rubby:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

NeonPunk posted:

Y'all who are getting extremely ill but still popping negative on tests:

Sorry but y'all have Covid. You guys are vaccinated right? Those symptoms are your immune system shifting gears to combat the virus before you actually do become infectious (and start to pop positive) on the tests.

Alternately there are a lot of other respirator infections (dozens) that cause similar acute symptoms and are very common. Pre-covid, they were pretty consistent but we weren’t hyper alert about it so most people forgot about them once they were feeling better. During the first year and then some there was a lot more masking and distancing so community spread of everything was way down. Now that people are suck and gently caress city everywhere, everything is spreading again.

My kid has brought home stuff 3 times and we’ve all PCR’d negative for covid but popped positive for human pneumavirus, some awful bacterial poo poo, and some other adenovirus.

Masking, sanitizing, and distancing was highly effective at reducing disease transfer of hundreds of viruses and bacterial. I had probably the healthiest two years of my life before the littlest one went to daycare.

When in doubt, insist on a PCR and you can generally trust those results.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

fosborb posted:

COVID positive

is it doctor

is thats what's going around now

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
surrounded by moron monkeys who outsource all their thinking to other moron monkeys.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

can't stop laughing looking at the only guy on the plane wearing a mask

e: posted the tweet when I meant to quote shackleford lol

empty whippet box has issued a correction as of 21:58 on Apr 16, 2022

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the red fart particles are climbing up behind the victim's back to infect them from behind, very devious

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Thoguh posted:

You are a very terrible piece of poo poo person, if no one has reminded you lately. Like, just a bad human being.

I can’t emphasize this enough. There is zero reason why mastershakeman should not be threadbanned. Unfunny, antagonistic, and stupid, a consistent and long term pattern.