Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i know Kaiserredux is a retarded mod but why the gently caress are they using a guy who was 15 years old in the gaming starting date as a playable leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Plutonis posted:

i know Kaiserredux is a retarded mod but why the gently caress are they using a guy who was 15 years old in the gaming starting date as a playable leader

because the people who made it are also 15, op

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Plutonis posted:

perhaps because they're retards

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Going to have the phrase “vassalized youtubers” prodromally wandering in the back of my mind for the next several months/years now

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
*fromsoftware intro va* Overlord... and his vassalized YouTubers...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Going to have the phrase “vassalized youtubers” prodromally wandering in the back of my mind for the next several months/years now

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Arrhythmia posted:

*fromsoftware intro va* Overlord... and his vassalized YouTubers...

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I think I’ve said this before but I would absolutely love some kind of stealth/mapgame hybrid where you play as an evil global SPECTRE/Illuminati-ish organization building your power and influence entirely ‘underneath’ a shifting real-time in-game map while trying to avoid being discovered outright. Something in the vein of stuff like the criminal underworld campaign from the Star Wars: Empire at War expansion and the Skaven Under-Empire stuff in Total Warhammer 2, or maybe Plague Inc, but on a much more complex grand strategy scale.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it exists and it's called singularity: endgame. although it's more of a game that happens to take place on a map than a real map game. also it's just some random open source game made by I think one dude

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Still have this game in my minds eye… you could suddenly run into other secret global evil organizations and ally with/absorb/destroy them too. Maybe you’d be playing as the (real, not decoy) English Royals and suddenly running into an enclave of ODESSA Network guys in Guyana and having to fight a prolonged shadow mercenary war over the rights to holding companies that control various South American natural resources or something... If some team could find a way to pull a game like this off it would be so sick

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
sounds like what evil genius's overmap should have been

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think I’ve said this before but I would absolutely love some kind of stealth/mapgame hybrid where you play as an evil global SPECTRE/Illuminati-ish organization building your power and influence entirely ‘underneath’ a shifting real-time in-game map while trying to avoid being discovered outright. Something in the vein of stuff like the criminal underworld campaign from the Star Wars: Empire at War expansion and the Skaven Under-Empire stuff in Total Warhammer 2, or maybe Plague Inc, but on a much more complex grand strategy scale.

The XCOM long war guys are making a game like this where you play as factions of the illuminati trying to deal with an alien invasion

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, how's CK3 these days, if anyone ITT has been playing it in recent times? I only played it a little bit at release to check it out, then decided to shelve it for a while until some more content has been added for peacetime, etc. I assume the expansion content (at least, the royal court one) is necessary at this point? Since after looking at it it seems similar in content to what Way of Life added for CK2, in some ways.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I've been digging the terra invicta demo thats out on steam for like a week. I'm glad someone other than paradox finally made a good grand strategy game.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I've been digging the terra invicta demo thats out on steam for like a week. I'm glad someone other than paradox finally made a good grand strategy game.

ohhhh, this is the game the Long War guys are working on. Cool! Thanks for mentioning it - I'll wishlist it, since it looks good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/crusaderkings/status/1559163886691131392?s=21&t=myqKTx7trsgCY_oKhZjP1g

Lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Wow! drat, that's lame

Also, I'm not sure if I should be somewhat excited about Vic3 or not. On the one hand, it's a new entry to the Vic series! On the other hand though, recent Paradox hasn't been maintaining the same standard that they had for old CK2+EU4, IMO. Definitely gonna wait a bit after release, to see if it actually holds up. I wouldn't mind trying a USCA run and hopefully holding it all together though, at some stage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to spend 400 dollars vicky3, never launch it and complain loudly about how much it sucks.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm going to spend 400 dollars vicky3, never launch it and complain loudly about how much it sucks.

Welcome.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, how's CK3 these days, if anyone ITT has been playing it in recent times? I only played it a little bit at release to check it out, then decided to shelve it for a while until some more content has been added for peacetime, etc. I assume the expansion content (at least, the royal court one) is necessary at this point? Since after looking at it it seems similar in content to what Way of Life added for CK2, in some ways.

I wouldn't call any of it all that necessary, really. You are right that royal court would be the main one I'd get if it were me because it applies to every culture/religion combo there is. Only problem is you only have a court if you're kingdom/empire tier. I do like northern lords tho because it adds some flavor and the adventurer cb it gives the norse can result in some cool invasions and conquests. Fate of Iberia is cool but it doesn't feel like there's a lot to it. I like the system it introduces and I hope they do a lot more with it going forward but I'm not holding my breath. Overall though I've liked em all pretty well.

lol rip 2 my wallet

Also more than anything I want them to put merchant republics back in the game, that would kick rear end with royal court.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 17, 2022

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump. is any of paradox poo poo fixed yet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
absurd question

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

bump. is any of paradox poo poo fixed yet

Yup. All of it. I would recommend purchasing about $2000 - $3000 worth of DLC. It's all worth it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Yup. All of it. I would recommend purchasing about $2000 - $3000 worth of DLC. It's all worth it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Good to see

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
been playing Total Warhammer 3 Immortal Empires which has 8 player coop, perfect game for taking a turn and going to sleep while each loving shithead I play with fights decisive win battles to save 1 unit and waking up and taking another turn

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Little Demon posted:

been playing Total Warhammer 3 Immortal Empires which has 8 player coop, perfect game for taking a turn and going to sleep while each loving shithead I play with fights decisive win battles to save 1 unit and waking up and taking another turn

this is what play by email was invented for lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

This.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

In Training posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

This, but my face is exactly like the bearded aryan wojack.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
excited for Victoria 3. I know I’m getting bamboozled because Paradox has sucked hard for a long time but god everything about the design sounds great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Radia posted:

excited for Victoria 3. I know I’m getting bamboozled because Paradox has sucked hard for a long time but god everything about the design sounds great.

Me too. When's it coming out

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
October 25th. a week before Halloween for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'll be trying it before giving Paradox any of my hard earned money. Thank god they still haven't discovered copy protection in Sweden.