Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I finished blade runner black lotus and it was a solid and satisfying ending. If you like blade runner and the 2049 sequel, then this is worth a watch. You'll probably get a good feel by the 2nd or 3rd episode. Don't skip out on the per-episode ending music because I think they use new tracks for each episode.

Crunchyroll just has the japanese dub. If you want the english voices then I think Toonami has it, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

HBO Max has the english audio

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's the worst part of Crunchyroll is when I Google if a show is dubbed and I'm like cool it's on Crunchyroll but no it's actually on Amazon prime or paramount plus or some poo poo and they only have the sub. Or it's listed as a second, identically named show instead of using the freaking audio track feature.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway almost fell asleep but thought about goodnight Punpun again and now I'm doing the uncanny Mr incredible face in bed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Let it into your heart
don't worry it's just going to take some time for people to realize they're living in the past. can't run from vtubers forever

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

When he's right, he's right

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

a stopped clock etc

marumaru
May 20, 2013

:hai:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unfortunate to learn that the Otherside Picnic guy is a huge dumbass

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
people have been reposting and quoting snippets of this interview for years and i wish people would pick a funnier set of insane quotes from a cooler yuri author

i cant even uniquely pick on him for jokes about calling random stuff you like yuri or projecting yourself into walls because i've seen female yuri authors express similar stuff. but those people were funnier and they weren't making them in an interview i have to see someone bring back up every year

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 17, 2022

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've seen hachiko and tm fly respectively call portal and 13 sentinels yuri and i know they mean those words more than the otherside picnic guy just building too much of his brand on the label of yuri to have the courage to call sicario gay

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And 7 episodes later she achieves her dream by becoming an Ent.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

And 7 episodes later she achieves her dream by becoming an Ent.

what is this anime?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/arikindows10/status/1515642324767834119?s=20&t=1WKEarqPxs3SDALrIbel8A

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Colonel posted:

people have been reposting and quoting snippets of this interview for years and i wish people would pick a funnier set of insane quotes from a cooler yuri author

:justpost: them yourself?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that would not solve the problem, of people continually finding and reposting the quotes from the interview i dont like

marumaru
May 20, 2013

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we do a little reckless showing off

marumaru
May 20, 2013

finally watched tokyo godfathers
it was very good

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

marumaru posted:

finally watched tokyo godfathers
it was very good
:haibrow:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Haven't subbed to any services in a while, is there any reason to pick funi over CR at this point? Doesn't CR have all of funi's content?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kingtheninja posted:

Haven't subbed to any services in a while, is there any reason to pick funi over CR at this point? Doesn't CR have all of funi's content?

Funi is telling people to cancel their subscriptions and subscribe to CR at this point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's like a handful of shows that haven't made the jump yet, but the plan is to eventually move everything over.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i know at least i had to sub to funi recently for el cazador de la bruja because crunchy didnt have it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

It will take some time for certain things to get moved to CR due to license reasons but eventually it's all gonna be over there.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I just noticed that Crunchyroll now has uramichi oniisan. Does anyone have any serious dislikes about the show? It feels pretty straightforward given the premise.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

sb hermit posted:

I just noticed that Crunchyroll now has uramichi oniisan. Does anyone have any serious dislikes about the show? It feels pretty straightforward given the premise.

The only think I've heard about it is that the central premise gets boring really quickly. Other than that I can't tell you if it's enjoyable or not :shrug:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Julias posted:

The only think I've heard about it is that the central premise gets boring really quickly. Other than that I can't tell you if it's enjoyable or not :shrug:

Sounds good enough for me. I guess I'll give it the 3 ep test along with kono healer for something mindless to watch this season.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Zetsubou-san posted:

I am still using this phone, and it still has that background

This has been on my desktop wallpapers for probably 20 years now. And when I name my handheld devices or poo poo on my LAN, it's still usually some variant of "Navi"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Copland

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
copeland

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Altimit OS actually virtualized you :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ended up binging the first six episodes of O Maidens in Your Savage Season instead of sleeping, still not sure why it's in HiDive's LGBT section as yet but it's pretty good so far.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Ended up binging the first six episodes of O Maidens in Your Savage Season instead of sleeping, still not sure why it's in HiDive's LGBT section as yet but it's pretty good so far.

i love that show. some incredibly memorable, beautiful shots in it.

last episode spoilers, technically: https://twitter.com/LayDuce/status/1175107461528743936

just gorgeous

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can see why the opening of darker than black season 2 pissed people off. incredible to just swerve into an entirely different kind of show while also randomly throwing the audience into hei's depression arc while skipping the context for it and having him kill one of the more likable characters of s1 in the process

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Colonel posted:

i can see why the opening of darker than black season 2 pissed people off. incredible to just swerve into an entirely different kind of show while also randomly throwing the audience into hei's depression arc while skipping the context for it and having him kill one of the more likable characters of s1 in the process

yeeeaaaah

sometimes it feels like bones are cursed when it comes to second seasons/followups, except for mha i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kirbysuperstar posted:

yeeeaaaah

sometimes it feels like bones are cursed when it comes to second seasons/followups, except for mha i guess

Mha has also fallen off quite a bit, especially in the last season, s5.