Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Julias posted:

Mha has also fallen off quite a bit, especially in the last season, s5.

ahhhh, still, better than their average!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i thought people liked mob psycho s2, and bungo stray dogs, and...noragami>?

tbh its probably more a "making more of an original show because it was popular" issue

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BSD S2 owns

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I read that as Black So Darker at first.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tales of Woe posted:

tbh its probably more a "making more of an original show because it was popular" issue

I want more Noragami

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tales of Woe posted:

Mob Psycho was literal anime-of-the-decade for me at least

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dont actually dislike dtb s2 fwiw. i just think it's funny how, almost engineered to piss off fans of the first season the opening of the second one is. i do like suou and think the stuff episode 2 hints at for hei is interesting but it's, really funny how abrupt and focused on shock value the first ep is

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also tbf i cant blame bones for mha just uh. being mha. it's a pretty direct adaptation. ironically i'd say some of their more direct adaptations end up being worse than the ones that do take more liberties, i liked bbbs1 leagues more than s2

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

really owns how many cool rising talents got like, one or two neat things out in the last decade before getting put in a closet to make MVs or commercials at best since

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Suou was cool yeah

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tales of Woe posted:

doesn't norigami just kind of end. in related news i will require someone to eventually finish Kamisama kiss or I'll be very upset.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto posted:

really owns how many cool rising talents got like, one or two neat things out in the last decade before getting put in a closet to make MVs or commercials at best since

ever since mha started the only thing umakoshi has done character designs for is mha and more mha and that doremi movie. i am feeling the pain

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

also tbf i cant blame bones for mha just uh. being mha. it's a pretty direct adaptation. ironically i'd say some of their more direct adaptations end up being worse than the ones that do take more liberties, i liked bbbs1 leagues more than s2

it's not anymore, now that they've dipped into just fully rearranging arcs in ways that only serve to tie into their movies. even when adapting directly, the movies gently caress the series production so you do get a worse version of what could be possible from just a straight adaptation.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sb hermit posted:

what is this anime?

i dunno, I was just making a joke

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

it's not anymore, now that they've dipped into just fully rearranging arcs in ways that only serve to tie into their movies. even when adapting directly, the movies gently caress the series production so you do get a worse version of what could be possible from just a straight adaptation.

oh. wow. okay.

i want mha to end faster

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

what anime is this?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

i dunno, I was just making a joke

:smith:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Slow Loop

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

dogsicle posted:

Slow Loop

Thanks! Hopefully it'll migrate to crunchyroll soon...

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
lmao I went to a rave and at one point looked up at one of the trippy art screens and on it was THIS:

it did not, unfortunately, continue to play the actual episode

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sb hermit posted:

Thanks! Hopefully it'll migrate to crunchyroll soon...

To be clear, that was just a joke about the screenshots, I have no idea if there are any supernatural or magical elements in the anime at all.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

To be clear, that was just a joke about the screenshots, I have no idea if there are any supernatural or magical elements in the anime at all.

I've heard about slow loop so I expect to see more fishing and less fantasy.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Larry Parrish posted:

in related news i will require someone to eventually finish Kamisama kiss or I'll be very upset.

the manga is complete, you can just read it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Everything Burrito posted:

the manga is complete, you can just read it

for some reason i never considered this. it won't be the same without the pop music and fog machine every time Kurama enters the scene.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I watched the 2nd ep of kono healer and it has the same slapstick energy as episode 1. In fact, the first 5 minutes of episode 1 is probably enough to get a good feel for episode 1 and 2.

I'll probably watch episode 3 because it scratches the "mindless watch" itch but it's hard to recommend.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

oops, this isn't the seasonal anime thread

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

you came to the wrong house motherfucker. get him, boys

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:ohdearsass:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I wasn't really paying attention to Funi-CR merge but I just started wondering: if Funimation isn't available in my country but Crunchyroll (mostly) is, then what's it gonna be like after the merge?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished O Maidens, while I did have some issues with the ending they were of the 'this didnt finish specifically how I wanted it to' variety as usual. I will say that's been a long time since I finished a whole series and even longer since I did so in two sittings (technically one if you don't count being asleep) so I guess it was pretty good.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

macabresca posted:

I wasn't really paying attention to Funi-CR merge but I just started wondering: if Funimation isn't available in my country but Crunchyroll (mostly) is, then what's it gonna be like after the merge?

You'll probably pick up some new shows but it really depends on the regional licensing.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

doesn't norigami just kind of end. in related news i will require someone to eventually finish Kamisama kiss or I'll be very upset.

Norigami (manga) is still going according to Wikipedia

I want them to do a S3 so they can get past where scans fell off when I was reading it but this reminds me that Bones did an anime original amnesia arc for the ending of s1 that gets resolved by the end. The material S2 covers has an amnesia arc for the same character really close afterwards and from what I’ve heard it gets adapted as well :v:

Still haven’t mustered the desire for S2 because of that

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

macabresca posted:

You’ll be smart and get a vpn

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

macabresca posted:

Cat noise (two "a"s), period, Italian for "yes".

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Subtle

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gonna watch the new tokusatsu film the batman

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Brutal Garcon posted:

Cat noise (two "a"s), period, Italian for "yes".

This guy seems to have had a stroke, but perhaps op should try nyaa.si

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

nyaa.ciao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nyaa.ssy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Nyah, see? Fit this squealer with cement shoes, see?