Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

marumaru posted:

lol yeah, her moves are:
- angrily hit the golf ball
- angrily hit the golf ball, angrier
- angrily hit the golf ball, final angry season

Sneak preview-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWfcDGdsj_E

And then she gets penialized 30 strokes and loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Does BandaiNamco have some kind of golf sponsorship or something? It's wild to me that they' of all companies are producing an original anime with nothing specific to advertise.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

That's good actually

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's a Global Golf Media Group listed as involved in the production

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Golf owns

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

golfgo 13

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I haven't followed anime in a while but Kongming is really good so far and I'm curious about Shokei Shoujo and Spy X Family from this thread.

Has anyone tried the new Shadowverse anime yet? I was hoping it was good but I've heard nothing about it. I'm not sure if that's because it's a card game anime or if it's just the same as the other Shadowverse anime.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mysticblade posted:

I haven't followed anime in a while but Kongming is really good so far and I'm curious about Shokei Shoujo and Spy X Family from this thread.

Watch Spy x Family now. Do it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mysticblade posted:

Has anyone tried the new Shadowverse anime yet? I was hoping it was good but I've heard nothing about it. I'm not sure if that's because it's a card game anime or if it's just the same as the other Shadowverse anime.

its rare to see chat on a card game anime ime, though maybe some people got scared off by Shadowverse Flame being a sort-of sequel? i enjoyed what i saw of the first series but have yet to finish it, and am just jumping in on this one for the time being. so far it has been carried pretty well by the oddball mc and the setting promising another handful of large characters via the Shadowverse clubs' presidents. the flipside of this being they don't touch the game aspect until ep2 and don't conclude the obligatory tutorial match until the end of ep3. naturally i see the pace speeding up from here, but i suppose it's worth a warning depending on what exactly you come to card game anime for.

also i kinda prefer the character designs of this one over OG, and it seems they've kept the same production quality overall.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm liking Flame. It has taken them a while to get to the card game but characters seem fun and so far I kinda get the feeling the writers are working to smooth over some of the issues I had with the og show.

I think it's been promising.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The original Shadowverse anime was one of the best card game anime I've seen in terms of production quality and consistency (the one other card game anime I've enjoyed on the same level is the first season of Cardfight Vanguard G), and Flame is looking like a solid step up so far.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Watch Spy x Family now. Do it.

Seconding this. It deserves the hype.

This season I'm also watching kaguya s3, which is off to an incredibly strong start, and machikado s2, which is more of s1 (good).

I dropped the isekai executioner and kongming shows after one episode. They're not bad they're just not for me.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

summer time render: i have no idea what's going on, but i'm intrigued.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

marumaru posted:

summer time render: i have no idea what's going on, but i'm intrigued.

Just normal high schooler stuff, really

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just normal high schooler stuff, really

Getting shot in high school? Yeah I guess so

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

Getting shot in high school? Yeah I guess so

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just normal American high schooler stuff, really

...:smith:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

hey look, shows made with american sensibilities!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Seraphic Neoman posted:

hey look, shows made with american sensibilities!

Is that why Disney+ got it?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

The original Shadowverse anime was one of the best card game anime I've seen in terms of production quality and consistency (the one other card game anime I've enjoyed on the same level is the first season of Cardfight Vanguard G), and Flame is looking like a solid step up so far.

Between this and build divide, card gamers are blessed this season

The only stain being that they refuse to officially recognize Rush Duels in the English speaking world outside of the single switch game. Give us the GoRush anime!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

duel masters: guess I'll die

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/status/1516809632894836758?t=H1kH3jfmAUd4JpB8WFqBDg&s=19

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no it's okay, don't bother

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I take back what I said about Birdie Wing, I hope Eve continues to smash balls in a straight line forever

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

People haven't been talking about it, but I'm Quittin' Heroing is pretty good! Pretty funny series, likable characters, main character's an amusing dick (who will get better).

I might make a thread for it if it keeps up.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

duel masters: guess I'll die

Battle Spirits 😭

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

dogsicle posted:

no it's okay, don't bother

Can confirm, dub viewers aren't missing much.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I loved Takagi-san (movie when) but so far I'm not really feeling Kunoichi Tsubaki. I really enjoyed Tsubaki's VA work, though! Can't wait for Ayumu to begin airing, I began reading the manga on a whim and I liked it even more than Takagi-san - the gags land a bit better for me and there is actual progress throughout the story. Hopefully we get two seasons out of it.

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009

Seraphic Neoman posted:

People haven't been talking about it, but I'm Quittin' Heroing is pretty good! Pretty funny series, likable characters, main character's an amusing dick (who will get better).

I might make a thread for it if it keeps up.

Maou Yuusha at the fantasy office, no not like Maou Yuusha in low wage front end service.

I am a pig who will eat all Maou Yuusha narratives is what I'm saying.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Every season I stick with the most generic isekai that's playing till the end just to see how predictable it is. The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody is clearly that three episodes in.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Islamic Shock posted:

Every season I stick with the most generic isekai that's playing till the end just to see how predictable it is. The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody is clearly that three episodes in.

Is that even isekai?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/myanimelist/status/1517309713318359041?s=20&t=fxXY7KMcqgZdaKM6QQnAyg

https://twitter.com/kazekissa/status/1517081730033025024?s=20&t=fxXY7KMcqgZdaKM6QQnAyg

Tatami Time Machine Blues has a six episode run with a three week compilation movie run in Japanese theaters in September. The MAL tweet has been retweeted by both the official series twitter and Yusuke Nakamura, so I'm taking the episode count as true. The 6/10 in Nakamura's tweet linked seems to be talking about a reprint of the original book with a new cover inspired by the anime.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 22, 2022

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Supremezero posted:

Is that even isekai?

Some people define isekai as strictly "other world" but some people include "other time" as part of the genre and The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody definitely fits into that looser definition.

There's been a bunch of anime recently along the lines of "powerful character is reincarnated hundreds of years later and pretends to be a nobody but society has forgotten how to use the most powerful spells so they instantly outclass everyone" I guess because they get to skip the whole bit where the character needs to readjust to the new world and figure out how it all works and they can jump straight to the part where they're effortlessly murdering all the antagonists. It's even lazier writing than the usual garbage-tier isekai

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 22, 2022

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yama no susume s4 this fall

https://twitter.com/yamanosusume/status/1517337726240329728

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trying hard to remember if I ever watched season 3....

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Going to make a guess that the reveal in summer time render is that they are in some kind of simulation.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently the first four eps will be recaps, but the season is also slated to be full-length eps instead of shorts.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/myanimelist/status/1517309713318359041?s=20&t=fxXY7KMcqgZdaKM6QQnAyg

https://twitter.com/kazekissa/status/1517081730033025024?s=20&t=fxXY7KMcqgZdaKM6QQnAyg

Tatami Time Machine Blues has a six episode run with a three week compilation movie run in Japanese theaters in September. The MAL tweet has been retweeted by both the official series twitter and Yusuke Nakamura, so I'm taking the episode count as true. The 6/10 in Nakamura's tweet linked seems to be talking about a reprint of the original book with a new cover inspired by the anime.

110% here for this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They aren't saying when the show's Disney+ run begins, but considering it'd have to be before September, I'm assuming it's set for summer season.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It almost definitely won't happen but I'd love it if that theatrical version could get a run out here. Even a brief fathom events kinda thing would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Forgall posted:

Going to make a guess that the reveal in summer time render is that they are in some kind of simulation.

Run by aliens planning to invade/having successfully invaded the planet.