Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

ZZT the Fifth posted:

But how will viewers know it's Biden without the massive grin, the empty thought bubble, the Obama-Signal, the bloody hands, the day-glo sippy cup, the stinky poo poo fly, and the...

The...

I guess Branco is using cum as one of the Biden symbols now? :psyduck:
A bird apparently pooped on Biden at a speech.

Or it may have been something else but something fell on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ZZT the Fifth posted:

A handle, I think.

Oh okay, that actually makes... I mean, it's not "wrong"

I thought he was trying to make a joke about it always stopping on oil execs? But obviously that wouldn't work like that

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is one of the most tragically mixed metaphors I have ever witnessed. It's inept in every single detail. It portrays new NATO entrants as rodents, a favorite food of snakes, and accidentally implies Finland and Sweden are only trying to join NATO on Putin's orders. And while the nod to the original Revolutionary War "unite or die" cartoon seems like a nice touch, how many modern pieces of media treat snakes as the heroic characters? Not loving many.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 19, 2022

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is one of the most tragically mixed metaphors I have ever witnessed. It's inept in every single detail. It portrays new NATO entrants as rodents, a favorite food of snakes, and accidentally implies Finland and Sweden are only trying to join NATO on Putin's orders. And while the nod to the original Revolutionary War "unite or die" cartoon seems like a nice touch, how many modern pieces of media treat snakes as the heroic characters? Not loving many.

So it wasn't just me. That's a relief.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Danziger is really bad, but not in an interesting way. Just very bland, inoffensive liberal takes with often confusing metaphors and bad (but not so bad it's funny) art.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Why is Nato segmented? Why is it a snake which will eat up the rodents? This is a metaphor, but all I can read is "Danziger actually loving believes in 'NATO imperialism' line of thought"

quote:

Clay Jones
Man I don't get many of Jones' points and his style doesn't fit half of the content he draws, but I like his anti-gun ones, because he can do a good satire of a pro-gun mind.

quote:

Jack Ohman

That bird is some prime avatar material. [edit] yeah looking fine

Kikas fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 19, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kikas posted:

Why is Nato segmented? Why is it a snake which will eat up the rodents? This is a metaphor, but all I can read is "Danziger actually loving believes in 'NATO imperialism' line of thought"

He doesn't think NATO are the bad guys, that's the saddest part of this cartoon. The divided snake imagery is a reference to the original American political cartoon published by Ben Franklin himself, and it makes sense in its original context but not in Danziger's work because Danziger is an idiot.

Fister Roboto posted:

Danziger is really bad, but not in an interesting way. Just very bland, inoffensive liberal takes with often confusing metaphors and bad (but not so bad it's funny) art.

He's gotten noticeably worse over the past couple years. Like I don't know anything about him but it seems like he's either had a stroke or is going senile.

EDIT: Oh holy poo poo I didn't even notice that he reduced a bunch of countries to just "ETC ETC ETC". Great way to portray NATO unity you loving dolt.

EDIT²: Oh, Danziger's 79. That explains it. His cartoons are elder abuse.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 19, 2022

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

drat it, Fishman, stop telling competent jokes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kartikeya posted:

drat it, Fishman, stop telling competent jokes.

It's infuriating, isn't it?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's infuriating, isn't it?

I laughed, to my eternal shame.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Holy poo poo, did Gorrell do an actual drawing.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Fister Roboto posted:

You have to admit it's a half-decent caricature of Elon Musk though, even if I wasn't aware he'd been made head of NATO :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Angepain posted:

Does that count as a holiday miracle?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Angepain posted:

I'm sure if someone went through his archives they would find the original assets. Gorrell hasn't drawn an original thing in a decade.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Some of those rocks are copypasted.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

GoutPatrol posted:

I'm sure if someone went through his archives they would find the original assets. Gorrell hasn't drawn an original thing in a decade.
There's a fair chance that is an actual new drawing of Putin. Everything else has got to be copy-pasted, yeah.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Raised By Birds posted:

No link to the tax dodging outfit this time, but they did get a label.

Small artist forgets to put money aside to pay taxes and freaks out in April, a story as old as time.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Angepain posted:

The cliffs, the globe, the grass and Poots' pants are all shaded in completely different styles. It is definitely mostly repurposed assets, and I doubt the majority of those were ever produced by him.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Brawnfire posted:

Oh okay, that actually makes... I mean, it's not "wrong"

I thought he was trying to make a joke about it always stopping on oil execs? But obviously that wouldn't work like that

I think his intention was to put pegs all around, but he used up too much space with text and isn’t good enough at drawing to do that.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Boris Johnson distracting from Partygate – Red herring wrapped in a flag likely to be on display when PM gives Partygate statement in the Commons on Tuesday"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Russia begins assault across Ukraine’s eastern front

Evening Standard:

Evening Standard Comment: Boris Johnson’s apology won’t be the end of Partygate

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Some of those rocks are copypasted.
It's a blend of rocks found on earlier cartoons. These probably aren't even the originals.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

PM explodes over anti-transgender candidate Katherine Deves ‘pile on’ (news.com.au). Moderate Liberals are pushing to disendorse Deves but Morrison is standing firm behind the candidate who he hand-picked to try and win back Tony Abbott's old seat (which now looks extremely remote).

Shakespeare:

Rowe:

Both sides are running scare campaigns on pensioners, with Labor arguing the Coalition wants to put pensioners on cashless debit cards and the Coalition insinuating that the tax on retiree franking credits that hurt Labor so much last election is still an issue this time round.

Lethbridge:

The first (major) leaders debate is tonight. Asking the price of common groceries like milk and bread is debate question cliche, trying to catch the politician out in not being in touch with everyday life (Scott Morrison recently flubbed one of these questions saying his wife did the shopping as he was too busy leading the nation).

Downes:

Spooner:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

REALITY JUST SENT YOU A DIRECT MESSAGE…ARE YOU WOKE OR AWAKE?

The problem with ‘Wokeism’ is it’s not simply being pushed by a few radical nuts. It’s becoming widespread in our education system and corporate media. The corporations themselves are woke as well. Disney is perhaps the wokest of them all. So much so that they despise straight white people. Many are now waking up to Disney’s wokeism and so they’re refusing to patronize Disneyland and Disney World or purchase Disney products. Good for them.

We have too many ‘woke’ politicians and in fact, they’re currently in nominal charge. Sleepy Joe is ‘woke.’ That is, as woke as a mannequin can be. His administration pushes wokeism at every turn.

Those who believe in Critical Race Theory are said to be woke, but wokeism also includes pushing LGBQT+ propaganda as well as constantly repeating the worship words, “diversity, inclusion, and equity.” (DIE). They like to say America is a racist country. They want our statues pulled down, our history blotted out, our police forces defunded, and our Constitution obliterated due to America’s ‘systemic racism.’ Yet racism at universities and in government is almost unheard of. For a long time, America has naturally gravitated toward diversity, inclusion, and equity. We’ve needed no one to hector and lecture us that it was needed. For example, what ‘system’ exactly pushes racism nowadays? It’s not happening “systemically.” Apparently the type of racism they’re talking about are things on a weird, complex and granular level. If someone’s feelings are hurt, even unintentionally, then apparently that’s racism. We are now afraid to communicate without the fear of committing a micro-aggression. Freedom of speech is under attack. Our vocabulary is being narrowed.

The result is our free speech is going away. Our kids are being taught about sexuality at a very young age. It’s also known as ‘grooming’ and Disney and public schools are participating.

Wokeism is being relentlessly being pushed at us along with the LGBQT+ agenda, medical tyranny, warmongering, and unfounded climate change hysteria. In short, it’s all a manifestation of the New World Order.

Bill Gates, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden all warn us about climate change and rising sea levels, but consider this: They all own grandiose mansions right on the beach.

It’s time to wake up to wokeism.

— Ben Garrison

UPDATE:

Republican measures to fight back against Disney’s LGBTQIA agenda:

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) called on the Florida legislature to end Disney’s $600 million tax cheat loophole.

House Republican Study Committee (RSC) Chairman Jim Banks (R-IN) said he would fight to end the Mickey Mouse copyright.

Disney sure does hate straight white people.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Dude just calling everything he doesn't like Wokeism. What is Wokeism, ben. Who wrote the Wokeist Manifesto. What are the central axioms of Wokeism from which so many varied comclusions follow.

Also republicans unfucking copyright law just to spite the imaginary gay disney agenda would be hilarious, but it's republicans doing it so I assume they'll find a way to tie it to stealing candy from orphans or something and ruin the whole thing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Raised By Birds posted:

Disney sure does hate straight white people.

you'd think there'd be at least a couple straight up and down facts tossed in the mix here to dilute it a bit, but no, literally every single example is a complete lie

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Here's an objective fact, jack: America is NOT a racist country! "Easy for you to say" you reply?

It sure loving is!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Angepain posted:

Also republicans unfucking copyright law just to spite the imaginary gay disney agenda would be hilarious, but it's republicans doing it so I assume they'll find a way to tie it to stealing candy from orphans or something and ruin the whole thing.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust Republicans to do something good even accidentally. They're going to somehow end up loving over the LGBT community and make copyright laws worse in ways not even imagined before.

Also, it loving sucks that the right is doing to "grooming" what they did to the word "triggered" where they take something used to describe a very real and very specific issue and apply it to things that make no sense until it becomes a joke in and of itself.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They’re very good at finding a way to neutralize anything that could threaten them by turning it around on those who would use it correctly. The concept of consent is extremely frightening to a republican.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Is this a...good Ramirez?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

sniper4625 posted:

Is this a...good Ramirez?

Ramirez is reliably pro-vaccination and, iirc, masks. It's one of the places he kept hitting the trump administration over, too.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Discendo Vox posted:

Ramirez is reliably pro-vaccination and, iirc, masks. It's one of the places he kept hitting the trump administration over, too.

Huh, I've only recently returned to the thread so completely missed that. Pleasantly surprised.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lmao invoking literal child sex trafficker Matt Gaetz and noting that he's a Florida congressman, really underscores how little they care to pretend at this point

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Angepain posted:

Yeah, his pen has risen.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

I guess Bluto is commonly shown in those colors, but I think for this toon maybe he shouldn't be wearing blue and yellow.

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

;-* That is one smoochable dictator.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

lmao invoking literal child sex trafficker Matt Gaetz and noting that he's a Florida congressman, really underscores how little they care to pretend at this point
I dunno, might be wise to take him seriously. I mean, if anyone would be an expert on grooming children, it’s Gaetz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

If biden stopped focusing on approval polls hed be better off and able to concentrate on useful work. Agc