Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Infinitum posted:

So if there's something you would like to see in a new op let me know.

I think you should put KS's crypto plans in the OP in case people haven't heard, but also mention that talking about it really isn't the purview of the thread so there are no derails. If you're in this thread talking about a KS, I think it's fair to assume you have heard, but newcomers may wish to know. You could also mention the "lifehack" brought to my attention in the board game thread that minimizes KS's cut by pledging a low amount and getting everything on the pledge manager. Go here and search the page for the words "pledge manager" to read how it was described to me.

Also, I wonder if "crowdfunding" could be said to apply to continual Patreon supported game systems like One Page Rules and Archvillian Games. These are mostly files for 3D printers, but maybe there are ones for table top RPGs? I have no expertise on these; I just know them by osmosis since they are referenced by and/or sponsor some trad gaming youtubers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
There are definitely Patreon-funded RPG producers -- I think Grant Howitt's game-a-month is one?

But also I don't use Patreon for that, so I'm not an expert either.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Magnetic North posted:

Also, I wonder if "crowdfunding" could be said to apply to continual Patreon supported game systems like One Page Rules and Archvillian Games. These are mostly files for 3D printers, but maybe there are ones for table top RPGs? I have no expertise on these; I just know them by osmosis since they are referenced by and/or sponsor some trad gaming youtubers.

Most of those are so tightly coupled to 3D printing or war gaming that they probably are more relevant to those threads/communities.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I am just now noticing they claimed to have "robot and spaceship minis" on the kickstarter, did you get those? I got five astronaut meeples lol

But yeah only 4 astronauts. You should get in touch with the company and try and get your little robo and spaceship mates.

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 20, 2022

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

bagrada posted:

How is Sleeping Gods?

Good experience generator in need of a developer to tighten it up. There is just too much stuff in the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I'll chip away at the post and have something up by the weekend I reckon.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Magnetic North posted:

I support Macguffin & co, which makes micro-settings which are pretty clever (and includes Johnny Sims of Magnus Archives fame as one of the main creators, if you're familiar), as well as Printable Heroes, not so much to print them and more so I can easily grab tokens for whatever the monster of the week is and random NPCs.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Infinitum posted:

lol @ new Robotech KS
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/minitech-games/robotech-macross-dog-fight-the-miniatures-game

1.) gently caress Harmony Gold
2.) lolololol @ pledge level pricing

Oddly enough, Harmony Gold is taking steps to unfuck their reputation. They worked out a licensing deal with Big West about this time last year, and since then US hobby resellers have had an influx of new, Macross branded kits. They still did what they did, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an officially subbed Macross show on one of the domestic streaming services by this time next year (and Macross Frontier is on YouTube in 720).

That said, this KS isn't what I'm after, which is good kits in the same scale as Palladium's mess for wargaming (Lightning Strike 2e) . I've got some of those, there's no love in those kits, and precious little joy in the assembly. I should gab some samples of their minis and see how they go together.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Magnetic North posted:

A separate tabletop related patreon thread might be a good idea. They cross over into just about every aspect of the hobby so I don't think they really fit anywhere that already exists.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kimera just launched their new kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kimeramodels/tenebrae-fate-of-asteria

The minis are not really my thing (I think it's the first time they're doing small scale, though), but it's a good way to get their notoriously out of stock paint. IMO it's the best mini paint I've ever used, with the caveat that it's not really for army painting since it's very mixing focused. I'm specifically talking about the base set and expansion set, not the signature artist sets. The core sets have a single pigment gimmick which is the big selling point, while the signature sets are more normal (high quality) miniature paints.

Lawlicaust posted:

The video is definitely pretty weird but on the hierarchy of bad taste, that one isn't too bad. It's pretty generic conanish sword and sorcery stuff. The artist is a long time sword and sorcery artist that did work for MTG, Zombicide, and lots of other things. The whole game is very much in his art style. It's definitely very much fantasy pinup art but more tame than a Conan comic. I think there's more issues with how white the game is than anything sexualized.

The gameplay itself does not look fun so definitely not backing it.

Yeah, I was posting it more for the weird video that looks like it's advertising a B videogame from 2006. The aesthetic is pretty normal fantasy stuff, but I'd get in trouble if my work's IT found me looking at it, hence my content warning. Nothing wrong with the game/page, the video just gave me a chuckle.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
NATO: Designer Signature Edition. This Designer Signature Edition is the enhanced return of Bruce Maxwell's 1983 game NATO, now with updated counters and stickers!

Stickers??!?

With a lot of "Veterans commentary" and Designer notes, it actually doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would be. Comes complete with NATO being slowed down by refugees, war crimes rules and the ability to roll bad and get a loss from Nuclear Armageddon.

I feel it's somewhat lacking in the war crimes rules (in that NATO should get a resistance bonus of partisan ability that would come about very quickly if the Pact had actually invaded Western Europe that I didn't see in the rulebook), but I suppose it was originally written and produced before the war in Ukraine started.

I feel like there's going to be a lot of wargames coming out in 3-10 years about it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Comstar posted:

NATO: Designer Signature Edition. This Designer Signature Edition is the enhanced return of Bruce Maxwell's 1983 game NATO, now with updated counters and stickers!

Stickers??!?

With a lot of "Veterans commentary" and Designer notes, it actually doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would be. Comes complete with NATO being slowed down by refugees, war crimes rules and the ability to roll bad and get a loss from Nuclear Armageddon.

I feel it's somewhat lacking in the war crimes rules (in that NATO should get a resistance bonus of partisan ability that would come about very quickly if the Pact had actually invaded Western Europe that I didn't see in the rulebook), but I suppose it was originally written and produced before the war in Ukraine started.

I feel like there's going to be a lot of wargames coming out in 3-10 years about it.

Oh yeah, there's probably already tables that are playing Russia Vs Ukraine matches as one shots. The data you would need to build army lists is already out there in the news and Wikipedia

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

If you care about having single pigment paints for your minis, why not buy artist's acrylics?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Angrymog posted:

If you care about having single pigment paints for your minis, why not buy artist's acrylics?

Miniature paints are designed with various parameters that make them more suited to miniature painting than artists paints, like consistency, pigment size, flow enhancers added to the medium and etc. I do have some artist acrylics for heavy use colors like white, but they're noticeably less ideal for mini painting. Also if I used them for everything I'd end up spending a lot more money buying 10x a lifetime supply of each color (they are much cheaper by volume, of course). The Kimera paints are really well regarded, and it's not just because the only other brands mini painters have heard of are Citadel and Apple Barrel :shrug:

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I don't know, I sometimes use artists paints and other than needing to thin them yourself they work fine. I've also been to several miniature painting workshops where they exclusively use artists paints.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Comstar posted:

Stickers??!?

The Gladio Simulator game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
1 more day on the rpg black cat d&d 5e pins

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frostdragondesigns/black-cat-rpg-3/description

These are the designs from the kickstarter itself.

Full cat list:

Owls:

Bone Dragon:

Gelatinous Cube:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I honestly didn't see cats in there at first, I saw a lineup of eyes and faces with duck/octopus lips.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Eyes Have It posted:

I honestly didn't see cats in there at first, I saw a lineup of eyes and faces with duck/octopus lips.

The curse/gift of void cats

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yall gonna be waiting a bit longer for new op as I had a huge weekend so bleh

Pledge Manager for Vital Lacerda's latest Weather Machine went live earlier today.

Backed for
- Weather Machine All-in
- Kanban EV KS Edition
- Rococo Deluxe

Yeaaaaaah I think I'm done for a bit unless something extra special comes along.

FirstAidKite posted:

The curse/gift of void cats

Absolute size of this lad

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Infinitum posted:

Backed for
- Weather Machine All-in
- Kanban EV KS Edition
- Rococo Deluxe

Yeaaaaaah I think I'm done for a bit unless something extra special comes along.

So next week for you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't @ me ITT

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Paint the Roses Deluxe Edition arrived today!

Comes with a Gametrayz insert, acrylic tiles, and some pretty decent minis

Everything fits, with room for the 2 extra pack in promo mini-expansions.

Dual layered board goodness

A scratch! Unforgivable! (The starting tiles cover this, so who cares [Protip it's me])

Will be going into heavy rotation for my crew, as we adored the hell out of it on TTS.
Even one of my table regulars picked up a copy for themselves for their family days.

The base game is fantastic, as it's a fantastic mix of Hanabi + Azul + Calico, and I can't wait to open those mini expansions :nyoron:
Just a really great hidden info game.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

that dual layered tile map is pretty cool

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Be curious to hear takes on Anunnaki in terms of its gameplay. The folks who are always going to hate on Cranio or Kickstarter can do so (I've heard it all on the former and am pledging at the $1 level for the latter) but I'm most interested in hearing thoughts on the gameplay as my first glance at the page is... well, it's eye-vomit and I'm going to have to watch a demo play or two before I get a sense of what's actually *happening*. Weird to see a 4x from Luciani but I'm here for him expanding his design space.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gauntlet/brindlewood-bay-cozy-murder-mystery-rpg/description

Brindlewood Bay is live, for all your Murder She Wrote meets Lovecraft needs. Easy back for me, it’s a good team.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

CitizenKeen posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gauntlet/brindlewood-bay-cozy-murder-mystery-rpg/description

Brindlewood Bay is live, for all your Murder She Wrote meets Lovecraft needs. Easy back for me, it’s a good team.

I've only read (not played) the original version but it's really delightful. Instant back for me.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Wayfarers of the South Tigris has gone live yesterday. The latest game from Garphill Games, a kiwi designer who makes fantastic (imho) games that include Paladins, Architects, and Viscounts of the West Kingdom, as well as Raiders, Explorers, and Shipwrights of the North Sea.
This one is definitely one of the heavier ones but if you are familiar with his games he uses consistent iconography which makes moving from one to the next very very easy.
You can try the game for free on TTS (if you're not averse to using that platform) before backing the game too.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Okay, think I'm ready to get off the CMON train and stay off:

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

theironjef posted:

Definitely will be me once Marvel Zombicide comes in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thank you for not making me feel so bad about my recent Lacerda pledge :v:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

theironjef posted:

Mine showed up on Saturday and I was informed by my wife that the CMON train no longer stops at our house lol

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mine showed up on Saturday and I was informed by my wife that the CMON train no longer stops at our house lol
If you don't mind tossing boxes and putting the minis/cards into baggies, I know for sure that all of the first Marvel United stuff can go into the core/stretch goal/infinity gauntlet boxes.
I haven't attempted the X-Men set yet (mostly because I don't really know them as well, so I'm not sure who to group with who), but I'd imagine it can fit into a similar amount (3-4 boxes).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah how much wasted space are in those boxes out of curiosity?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Infinitum posted:

If the Marvel wave is a pattern: all the wasted space…

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PSA: The Anunnaki KS has a bunch of promos you can access via a $1 pledge manager access https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/craniocreations/anunnaki

Bunch of promos for
- Barrage
- Golem
- Lorenzo Il Magnifico
- Maha Raja
- Mystery House
- Newton
- Pakal

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Infinitum posted:

So fuckin' much. Most of the boxes have like 5 or six characters.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This one is $20.49 on Target’s site right now:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Wait til you get to WM or target clearance for the core boxes. I picked up 5 cores of regular United over the summer for some painting practice for $6 each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I can’t begin to fathom how thin they must stretch a game as simple as that over so many characters and extra junk.