Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

they sell electronic steroes with those features op. as a filthy zoomer though, absolutely everything I've ever wanted to listen to has been on YouTube since like 2004, except for the brief dark age when the automated systems were good and the record labels hadn't quite realized that streaming revenue had already massively outpaced the entire history of album sales growth. and it's possible that'll change, but it'll just mean I have to go back to local storage.

ill admit that i kind of like the lovely way tapes sound but that's probably just because im an EDM head and a lot of those guys love to hit you with the low fi fuzz. and early CDs sucked until like 2005 when they started all being 256khz at a minimum. my mom had a smashing pumpkins album that was one of her very first CDs and it sounded like absolute poo poo and it wasn't until years later that I realized it was just the crappy early 90s mastering lol
The standard defined by the Red Book is from 1980, and it's what get used when you put an audio CD into a player even today.
Added to that is that CIRC encoding means you can't do it any other way, because finite field theory is not the sort of thing you can computationally manage on anything less than a supercomputer without doing it in hardware.
It also doesn't do 256kHz sampling, and even if it did there'd be absolutely no loving point whatsoever, since even 192kHz sampling where the Red Book specification tops out at is at a level where there's no perceptual or structural difference.

Sampling rate also has very little to do with bitrate, which I think is what you're confusing things with.
For example, the psychoaccoustic properties of MP3 was made to sound equivalent to FM radio at 94kbps, and AAC can do the same at 64kbps.

Since you're so fond of YouTube, you should probably be aware that the compression they use for audio is so bad, that it produces a frying sound on anything denser than the average pop music that sounds fine on FM radio. As an example, listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jej__CepHWU
Then find the CD and listen to that (or a EAC FLAC rip of it).
(I had to link another version of the song, because the official release by Mew with the ID "Io_kbZrAKKM" is no longer available for some loving dumb reason)

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Apr 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah but anything from before I was born is prehistory, grandpa

Turn on your moni...
Sorry, you're at least mid 20, so all that gray hair must wash out the screen.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The posting gimmick of pretending to be 13 is cool, epic and a pleasure to read

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vinyls are sick.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I buy vinyl when it’s not digitally released and unavailable on YouTube and probably only available on soulseek guarded by insane blowhards with ridiculous requirements. So not often but enough for me to care so I can have and rip it myself. That’s about it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Namtab posted:

unstoppable force meeting immovable object

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Namtab posted:

thank you, I try

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

homeless snail posted:

thank you, I try

No problem

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

the oavs are epic and possibly better than the main season, although I prefer the very slightly different way the manga handled both the Japan arc and Roberta II

i need to reread the manga but yeah manga japan arc was real good as i recall

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

Namtab posted:

People can like things you don’t

They can but they shouldn't be allowed to, it bothers me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

To be fair that's only one other game. And right at the end of the series.

that game is best skipped anyway imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i watched princess principal after hearing its op and thinking, wow that's one of the best ops I've ever heard. the show doesn't quite live up to that high bar but it was a cool spy drama with more emotional heft than i was expecting. the finale ended up being kinda frustrating but now at least i have two movies to watch

the ed is pretty good too!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
next up after those movies is kyousougiga i think

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Looper posted:

next up after those movies is kyousougiga i think

:sickos:

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I'm currently working on a manga fan-translation project (volume 1 of "matazoro" by Horoda) and I'm looking for someone who could check my translation for errors, would anyone here be able & willing to help me or know someone who might, or even a community where I might ask around?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namtab posted:

my brother in Christ it's 2022, you can be in your late 20s and not remember the 90s.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

nah, time is no longer allowed to pass

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

time is so cruel

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

(I had to link another version of the song, because the official release by Mew with the ID "Io_kbZrAKKM" is no longer available for some loving dumb reason)

The reason is that you are in Denmark https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=Io_kbZrAKKM

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

What in the absolute gently caress? Mew is a Danish band.

EDIT: orz

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 20, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPiK4W1uz4Q

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

time is so cruel

:yeah:

thankfully we have anime,

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

i aint pretendin

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gas

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Do it yourself - when you are given modship as is destined.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Was scrolling through tubi as i do sometimes, and after reading the blurb from "pastel yumi", it sounds like it was the direct inspiration for Relm in Final Fantasy 6 (what she paints comes to life).

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chaos in the posting zone

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

namtab seething again

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1516945745643212801?s=20&t=obbai-RbUOhRNROJJ78X0w

:psyboom: what do you MEAN "prologue"?!?!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lmfao, an insane promo line

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/03g81m.mp4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

namtab seething again

Soon, he will cope

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Without knowing what this was I could swear it's the SH3 engine..and finding out that it's Konami means yeah it probably is

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Remember when Konami was good

copy
Jul 26, 2007

started playing tokimeki memorial and snuck into the christmas party because rei's bodyguard thought my muscles were nice. i think this game might be very good but idk how much of that is my raw delight at watching numbers go up

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I need to write some AR codes to just disable bombs in tokimemo1, what a terrible loving mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Willo567 posted:

Remember when Konami was good

Konami was always bad. The games were mostly good though

I've almost finished the free picross game they have on ios