Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

what if kate wore that suit again and they smooched just a little bit is that okay

TwoPair posted:

Don't be silly, they'll kiss onscreen but in a way that can easily be edited out for Chinese markets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not sure when we'll see mutants outside of MoM. Possibly She-Hulk. Other than that, the only place where you might have a mutant pop up is the next Black Panther if Namor is the villain and they keep him a mutant.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bobkatt013 posted:

I think you are thinking of Nadia van Dyne

No, Devin Grayson said in an interview last year that Yelena is 'probably more likely to identify as asexual than to follow Nat’s romantic path' when she was doing that Widomakers thing last year but it's never come up, even in Thompson's excellent but cancelled Black Widow series.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And the movie characters are not the comic ones anyway.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if i looked at comic Nat's track record, besides good boy Bucky, I'd be pretty turned off at the idea too

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

OnimaruXLR posted:

Given there seems to be some kind of effort for secrecy around Multiverse of Madness, I think we might be seeing mutants (other than just Xavier sitting on a multiversal council) sooner than we thought

maybe Wanda meets an alternate version of herself who does the opposite of the House of M thing

So it'll be a Lionel Hutz type thing where she'll be like "No, more mutants"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's Moon Knight was fun for the whole reversal of following Marc instead of Steven.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

if i looked at comic Nat's track record, besides good boy Bucky, I'd be pretty turned off at the idea too

I mean, Daredevil and Hawkeye might be messes sometimes, but they're still pretty good!

Bucky is the best though. Bucky and Nat for life.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

This week's Moon Knight was fun for the whole reversal of following Marc instead of Steven.

It was also fun to get the statue of Khonshu.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Turns out Nia Nal's adventures will continue as she is going to show up in Superman: Son of Kal-El in an issue co-written by Nicole Maines. Although it would be better if her and Brainy would continue to show up on TV.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
still not sure why they recast the roles from Doom Patrol, but hope this turns out well anyway

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1514695353857159179

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Moon Knight episode 3, with knowledge of the comic informing some speculation:
Now that we have the soft confirmation Jake is around, I wonder if it was actually Jake taking control in episode 1.

It's been repeatedly mentioned neither Marc or Steven can swap in against the other's will when awake. Marc clearly can take control when Steven goes to sleep, but it seems Steven hasn't learned that trick yet.

The dormant personality being active in reflections and aware of what the active one is doing seems to be a new quirk, but even if not this episode also establishes that when Jake kicks in neither of the other two remember it.

Marc is certainly capable, but outside of the suit doesn't seem to be brutalize 10 guys with guns capable. Plus if those episode 1 blackouts were Marc, why was he releasing control in peril still?

I guess one big thing going the other way is Marc didn't seem surprised they had the Scarab though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

With the Mr Knight change, I wonder if Jake will have his own costume. I can't really think of any other iconic MK suits though

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Opopanax posted:

With the Mr Knight change, I wonder if Jake will have his own costume. I can't really think of any other iconic MK suits though

The tactical black bodysuit with white plating is the o oh other major suit that sticks out in my mind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think it was only in one issue but he had a suit for dealing with ghost BS in the same Warren Ellis run that gave us the Mr Knight suit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's also the traditional suit I suppose.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Or he'll just beat the hell out of people in a newsboy cap and Tom Selleck 'stache like classic Jake Lockley.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Finally found some time to watch Moon Knight. I've been on the run from the whole forum between not yet seeing Batman and this. What's everyone's opinion on it so far?

I like the way they're going about portraying the switches. I really like having different Moon Knight suits for the different personalities. Oscar Isaac is really giving it his all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/squirrel-girl-podcast-marvel-siriusxm-1235228417/
There's a new Squirrel Girl podcast that's written by Ryan North and starring Milana Vayntrub that is hitting today. The premise is that Doreen has been outed as Squirrel Girl so naturally she starts a college radio call in show with all her friends. First episode available now, new episodes will first appear behind a paywall but then move to free services.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/squirrel-girl-podcast-marvel-siriusxm-1235228417/
There's a new Squirrel Girl podcast that's written by Ryan North and starring Milana Vayntrub that is hitting today. The premise is that Doreen has been outed as Squirrel Girl so naturally she starts a college radio call in show with all her friends. First episode available now, new episodes will first appear behind a paywall but then move to free services.

This is cool as hell.

Live action Squirrel Girl needs to happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Moon Knight kind of...

Sucks?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

So Moon Knight kind of...

Sucks?

Yeah it sucks rear end. Oscar Isaac’s goofy british accent is fun though, I hope him and Ethan Hawke had fun.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’ll never watch so long as those cowards refuse to include Frenchie.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't know that I actually dislike it quite yet, but the actual Moon Knight sequences of this Moon Knight show have been a bit underwhelming. I liked the suit for a hot second but now it's kinda back to looking really ill-fitting again.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I AM GRANDO posted:

I’ll never watch so long as those cowards refuse to include Frenchie.

It's funny that I powered through volume 1 of MK in prep for the show and it might be the least important series out of them all (to the show). No Frenchie, Marlene, helicopter, completely different Steven, no Lockley (yet?), no Crowley, Flint, Gena, and the powers and supernatural aspects are off the charts whereas vol 1 MK was 99% unpowered vigilante with only a brief hint of Khonshu magic at the very end other than Marc's supposed origin resurrection of course.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

It's funny that I powered through volume 1 of MK in prep for the show and it might be the least important series out of them all (to the show). No Frenchie, Marlene, helicopter, completely different Steven, no Lockley (yet?), no Crowley, Flint, Gena, and the powers and supernatural aspects are off the charts whereas vol 1 MK was 99% unpowered vigilante with only a brief hint of Khonshu magic at the very end other than Marc's supposed origin resurrection of course.

Crowley is the living statue dude.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

Crowley is the living statue dude.

I know but that's the most basic lip service paid to the character. That scene would have been the same if it had been an actual statue except for the tips at the end. And Frenchie was name dropped in a blink-and-you-miss-it contacts list but so far he has not actually played a part in anything.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Episode 4 of Moon Knight was really starting to make me lose interest in the show.

But um... yeah, those final minutes. I feel bad for those who had screeners because I only have to wait a week to see that cliffhanger resolved. They had to wait well over a month.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

haven't watched the fourth episode yet but I've liked Moon Knight fine, I think the fact that it's so far not been a sequel to 19 other things and a prequel to 15 more helps, also that Moon Knight, as a concept, has been rebooted basically every time he gets a new book, which is frequently. like I've read a fair amount of Moon Knight comics and genuinely cannot remember if there was even a functional difference between Steven Grant and Marc Spector, so I'll take "one of them is Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins."

that said he'll probably be fighting Blade by episode six while Frenchie shouts "sacre bleu, Marc, zhat is, ow do you say, Deviant technology!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked this episode. Maybe due to my love to Indiana Jones and general delving into abandoned tombs and crypts.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah, I've also really liked Moon Knight so far, granted he doesn't spend much time in the costume especially the last episode but the Egyptian magic/history stuff has been pretty great. I don't really get the hate.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
sucks.

https://twitter.com/thecartooncrave/status/1516936610788556806

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That really sucks but at least Netflix can’t gently caress up what they’re not making.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Meanwhile at Netflix HQ:

Exec 1 "Subscribers are down and we're losing money but I have a plan. Clearly step 1 is raising prices."

Exec 2: "Obviously, but that might make people mad and tempt them to cancel their subscriptions. What's step 2?"

Exec 1: "We produce less content."

Exec 2: "... I love it."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TwoPair posted:

Meanwhile at Netflix HQ:

Exec 1 "Subscribers are down and we're losing money but I have a plan. Clearly step 1 is raising prices."

Exec 2: "Obviously, but that might make people mad and tempt them to cancel their subscriptions. What's step 2?"

Exec 1: "We produce less content."

Exec 2: "... I love it."

Exec 3: "And dammit, make it more like Boss Baby."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I should correct my earlier thing about this show having no Marlene because they've just turned her into Layla and I don't know why that wasn't more obvious to me before.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Bone's kind of cursed as far as adaptations go, huh?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

OnimaruXLR posted:

Bone's kind of cursed as far as adaptations go, huh?

Two different studios (Paramount in the late 90s, WB in the late aughts-2010s) had the rights and it never went anywhere. There's also the PC game series from Telltale that fell through after two episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I like Moon Knight