Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
debate result: 40% of the audience favoured albanese, 35% favoured morrison, 25% still undecided

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I'm watching Hard Quiz and one of the subjects is Hitler and one is Fortnite. It's totally poggers.

didn't think you were allowed to have two subjects

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Ben_Westcott/status/1516721374420955138

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

SuddenCactus posted:

didn't think you were allowed to have two subjects

Maybe the subject was actually Gamer Culture

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Chris Kenny is on the case

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

the banality of evil

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hambeet posted:

Chris Kenny is on the case

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/1516728225845878788

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I think Scomo's empathy coach taught him to be empathatic by imagining it happening to his own children, he still managed to put his foot in it though.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/strangerous10/status/1516726287049445380

Paul Murray got really stroppy at the proposition that Sky News wasn't being fair and balanced™ with their coverage.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/strangerous10/status/1516726287049445380

Paul Murray got really stroppy at the proposition that Sky News wasn't being fair and balanced™ with their coverage.

Lol eat poo poo Murray

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

actually listening to this has created the kind of dread rage in my gut I haven't felt for a hot minute in Auspol.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

The Peccadillo posted:

The f 35 is more weird that it's janky and falls out of the sky all the time in that they have predator drones that can do missile strikes on Pakistan with a joystick in Nevada from pretty close to space

The gently caress're they for

the goon defence analyst has logged on

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Animal Friend posted:

actually listening to this has created the kind of dread rage in my gut I haven't felt for a hot minute in Auspol.

lol yet again morrisons thinly veiled psychopathic nature reveals itself whenever he attempts to feign empathy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

The Peccadillo posted:

The f 35 is more weird that it's janky and falls out of the sky all the time in that they have predator drones that can do missile strikes on Pakistan with a joystick in Nevada from pretty close to space

The gently caress're they for

It’s poo poo at being a fighter plane but it’s very good at funneling taxpayer dollars into Lockheed Martin’s accounts.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
I think I felt my soul cringe hearing Morrison say that line. How out of touch do you need to be? Someone's told him he needs to relate to people, and he's taken that and spat out 'I can't relate to this'.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Konomex posted:

I think I felt my soul cringe hearing Morrison say that line. How out of touch do you need to be? Someone's told him he needs to relate to people, and he's taken that and spat out 'I can't relate to this'.

Don't forget that he's a happy clapper Hillsong fundie. If a child is born autistic clearly the parents or the child have sinned (this also applies if a child isn't born rich).

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

it feels like someone could maybe use these constant zero-empathy moments against him to discredit his capacity to manage society, in some sort of campaign, if they actually wanted to win

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

its a scare campaign because:
the staffer for david gillespie who told the woman it would be good to put pensioners on indue wasnt making an official statement

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

thatfatkid posted:

lol yet again morrisons thinly veiled psychopathic nature reveals itself whenever he attempts to feign empathy

You know how people say "I know how you feel" but they can't possibly and it's just annoying?

He's tried to say I haven't been in your shoes, but can understand it wasn't easy, but completely cocked it up of course.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Every piece of Liberal campaigning is a scare campaign against Labor.

Labor addressing actual policy positions is not a loving SCARE CAMPAIGN

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Not defending morrison but lol how the gently caress is the Prime Minister on a salary of like 350k a year excluding all the perks, benefits and tax loopholes on his private investments etc ever going to possibly be able to relate to literally anyone that is not the same as him

expecting any politician to understand that womans situation is setting yourself up for disappointment. even with an autistic kid, Scummo wouldnt have anywhere near the difficulties she experiences.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Laserface posted:

Not defending morrison but lol how the gently caress is the Prime Minister on a salary of like 350k a year excluding all the perks, benefits and tax loopholes on his private investments etc ever going to possibly be able to relate to literally anyone that is not the same as him

expecting any politician to understand that womans situation is setting yourself up for disappointment. even with an autistic kid, Scummo wouldnt have anywhere near the difficulties she experiences.

try 550k + perks

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Labor addressing actual policy positions is not a loving SCARE CAMPAIGN

look honestly credit where credit is due, fabricating rumors that the LNP were going to put pensioners on indue was the one smart piece of politicking I've seen out of them this election so good on em for that

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
There are actually pensioners already forced onto the cashless debit card - only in Cape York which has a carve out in the legislation - but still. It's clear that expanding the cashless debit card is something the government has been very interested in. I certainly don't think that they would suddenly force all pensioners onto it, but chipping away around the edges & forcing pensioners who are deemed to be too irresponsible onto it seems very possible. Labor are absolutely right to sound the alarm here even if it's an exaggeration.

It's also one area where Labor are a clear improvement from the Rudd/Gillard years - they significantly expanded the cashless debit card then.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Forcing single mums to not buy wine and smokes is insane and the people who are pushing it should be put to death

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The Peccadillo posted:

Forcing single mums to not buy wine and smokes is insane and the people who are pushing it should be put to death

Nobody should be allowed to smoke

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

:420: rude

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

JBP posted:

Sure I should

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ban tobacco, make weed mandatory, problem solved

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar posted:

ban tobacco, make weed mandatory, problem solved

ban alcohol too. double mandatory weed.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

its a scare campaign because:
the staffer for david gillespie who told the woman it would be good to put pensioners on indue wasnt making an official statement

Robodebt should be enough proof the LNP would sell pensioners to make Soylent Coal if they could get away with it. Hell, they would probably do it anyway and Murdoch press would defend them.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

lih posted:

There are actually pensioners already forced onto the cashless debit card - only in Cape York which has a carve out in the legislation - but still. It's clear that expanding the cashless debit card is something the government has been very interested in. I certainly don't think that they would suddenly force all pensioners onto it, but chipping away around the edges & forcing pensioners who are deemed to be too irresponsible onto it seems very possible. Labor are absolutely right to sound the alarm here even if it's an exaggeration.

It's also one area where Labor are a clear improvement from the Rudd/Gillard years - they significantly expanded the cashless debit card then.

Who wins here though? The Indue card company or the pokies industry who have been farming pensioners of their meagre income for years? They can't both exist, surely.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
RSL clubs will get special Indue card readers that the pensioners can use to get money out with because how dare the government be mean to RSL clubs like this

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
Why don't they ban fun for everyone with a low bank account balance to make it an assault on the poor more generally? Ban everyone who spends more than 4 hours per month on the pokies from gambling, set booze to a six pack per week?

Let's reduce social harm together!

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

JBP posted:

Smoking cigarettes is pretty bad I agree.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
the more money you have the less the rules apply to you is actually a very good system as it means the more responsible and successful people are afforded more freedoms and softer punishments for rules breaking while keeping the poor down by crushing them with bureaucratic processes and proportionally terrifying punishment keeps them where they belong

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://twitter.com/PaulEErickson/status/1517023693469143040?t=rz0bARufVjR2qAVeWWYFsw&s=19

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
just because we really want to expand the cashless debit card scheme doesn't mean we will, if given the opportunity!!! Please, give us the opportunity

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

aLBOMANIA IS BACK BABY. iT”S GOOD AGAIN

AWOOOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mistake is putting it lightly.