Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

How the gently caress is the UK more racist than loving Poland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
v e r y c a r e f u l l y

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Poland has more desire to spite the Russians

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's not even a populist move, letting in (Ukrainian) refugees is like the one thing you can unite pretty much the entire country on. Our government is just guided by a very sincere and earnest sense of racism

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Consider also that department specifically. It's spend the last X decades specifically being as hostile as possible to any form sent it's way. Now it's being asked, in theory, to suddenly do the exact opposite to a subset of applications. There just way too much institutional inertia in the system.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
There's for sure going to be ukrainians "accidentally" sent off to Rwanda lol and the papers are going to have a field day

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Oh no accidentally sent an undeserving white person to Rwandanamo bay :( must send only brown people in future

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Brexit means Brexit

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi5j7jjhm4M

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

We invented Racism mate. We've been figuring out ways to be racist with plausible deniability before you even knew you were supposed to be suspicious of anyone darker than an albino snowman.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Gonzo McFee posted:

We invented Racism mate. We've been figuring out ways to be racist with plausible deniability before you even knew you were supposed to be suspicious of anyone darker than an albino snowman.

I'm Finnish.

Turns out you can be extremely pale and still get just the most creative racism thrown at you.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is stealing racism valor from Spain.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Miserable-swamp-people.txt
(Also I checked and it was an invented quote, sadly)

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Lostconfused posted:

This is stealing racism valor from Spain.

What about Romans.

Or the Greeks before them for that matter.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Venomous posted:

Corbyn was no comrade, after all, since he let dipshits like Kieth into his shadow cabinet and allowed the Labour right to undermine him at every opportunity

Turns out Jezza's greatest enemy... was himself :jerkbag:

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Venomous posted:

I never said Burnham's a comrade, I said he's someone who the press would vilify as a Corbyn supporter

Corbyn was no comrade, after all, since he let dipshits like Kieth into his shadow cabinet and allowed the Labour right to undermine him at every opportunity

he really was just a very nice man :’)

sometimes you need an iron fist inside a velvet glove like stalin, mao or, uh, brown

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

gonadic io posted:

I don't think I've heard this one before, what is it?

(Also technically all quotes are invented)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Bot 02 posted:

Also technically all quotes are invented
thats deep who said that

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

It's real, loving lol

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Private Speech posted:

What about Romans.

Or the Greeks before them for that matter.

Racism as we know it today wasn't invented until Europeans needed an excuse to enslave Africans and Native Americans.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
keir paolo pasolini

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Bot 02 posted:

I don't think I've heard this one before, what is it?

(Also technically all quotes are invented)

quote:

Julia accompanied them, but we
can hardly suppose that she ventured further north than Eboracum (York). The mist-wrapped hills and
watery lowlands beyond were to the Roman a shuddering wilderness, fit only for the breeding of
savages who were as amphibious as rats. Dio unflatteringly describes the north Britons and Scots of the
time as “inhabiting wild, waterless mountains and desolate, swampy plains,” and “dwelling in tents,
without coats or shoes, possessing their wives and rearing their offspring in common.”
https://yourknow.com/uploads/books/5e059fb0d6087.pdf

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Adrian Chiles is the best opinion columnist in this country.

That's not a compliment

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
What a beautiful combination of words. The fact that it's specifically a club like West Brom really ties it all together.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Adrian Chiles is the best opinion columnist in this country.

That's not a compliment

I've turned around on him and it's actually cool that he robs 6 figures a year from the guardian to write 250 words a week about what he had for breakfast

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
His getting diagnosed with ADHD posts helped convince my parents that brains are real, from reputed fact source the guardian, so he'll always get a pass in my book tbh

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

the sex ghost posted:

I've turned around on him and it's actually cool that he robs 6 figures a year from the guardian to write 250 words a week about what he had for breakfast

Well gone are the halycon days when you could squirt out complaining about foreigners in public, or Polish plumbers, or just the French in opinion pieces ala Clarkson.
Now you have to come up with stories to make you sound like a normal person, but better in some way.
"Me? I like my piss splashing back onto my legs when I take a slash at 4.30am using my Le Armitage Shanks urinal £900"

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

gonadic io posted:

it may not be real, but it is true

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/kentpoliceash/status/1517071989441286145

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Uhh yeah I work for the er problem solving task force *shuffles blank papers, picks up unplugged phone*

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

The crime is life.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

(Already deleted)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Imagine living in Kent.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

the sex ghost posted:

Uhh yeah I work for the er problem solving task force *shuffles blank papers, picks up unplugged phone*

Is that like doing Wordle or sudukos all day?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

happyhippy posted:

Well gone are the halycon days when you could squirt out complaining about foreigners in public, or Polish plumbers, or just the French in opinion pieces ala Clarkson.
Now you have to come up with stories to make you sound like a normal person, but better in some way.
"Me? I like my piss splashing back onto my legs when I take a slash at 4.30am using my Le Armitage Shanks urinal £900"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's a stained glass window only because he's too stupid to aim.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This is why I love Britain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/KentPoliceMaid/status/1438512891351617542