Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

Shame Boy posted:

if you think that's cool maybe i can interest you in some of these magic beans, they also may or may not be real!

I might climb the bean stalk but not expecting to go to Nimbus Land, maybe 500 bux or so and play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Cheese Thief posted:

I might climb the bean stalk but not expecting to go to Nimbus Land, maybe 500 bux or so and play the game.

if you give me $500 i'll give you $250 back, even easier than having to go through an exchange and all that uncertainty

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Zamujasa posted:

if you give me $500 i'll give you $250 back, even easier than having to go through an exchange and all that uncertainty

Hell, give me the $500 and I'll give you nothing back, that's the clearly superior offer.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Boxturret posted:

look in real life bank runs are bad because the banks don't physically have 1:1 every dollar that's in someone's bank account on hand

with bitcoin though everything's blockchain and trustless and pier to peer so fractional reserve banking can't happen, but we still can't allow a bank run because

it is true that bitcoin is not really fractional reserve, but not because 1 is not a fraction, rather because 0 is not a fraction.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cheese Thief.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Cheese Thief posted:

maybe you should climb the bean stalk back to gbs

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

honestly “ill just fund the climate destroying scam vortex a little bit maybe i make it
big” is maybe even a dumber take than going all in trying to make it in crypto, because the latter implies that you’ve got a drive to achieve something - no matter how stupid - whereas the former reveals a completely spineless limp dicked existence that somehow has netted you 500 real dollars to burn

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

be your own bank run

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Penisface posted:

honestly “ill just fund the climate destroying scam vortex a little bit maybe i make it
big” is maybe even a dumber take than going all in trying to make it in crypto, because the latter implies that you’ve got a drive to achieve something - no matter how stupid - whereas the former reveals a completely spineless limp dicked existence that somehow has netted you 500 real dollars to burn

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Penisface posted:

this is poetry

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Penisface posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cheese Thief posted:

okay, be sure to check in here periodically to keep us up to date on your investment journey.

we always love to hear about people getting thoroughly rooked by their own hubris.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
OH REALLY
https://twitter.com/globeandmail/status/1516886377027227649

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
but they did their own research!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Too bad this isn't in the right ratio for a phone background.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

ultrafilter posted:

Too bad this isn't in the right ratio for a phone background.

I got you

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

quote:

David Gerard. HOW MUCH SOROS HAVE BEEN PAYING YOU TO WRITE SUCH GARBAGE ABOUT THE BEST PRESIDENT OF THE WHOLE WORD . I’M VERY SURE YOU HOT PAID VERY WELL TO DEFAME PRESIDENT BUKELE.
HOW LOW CAN SOMEBODY GO FOR GREED !!
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELF !!
WRITING LIES…. NOBODY BELIEVE YOU GUYS!!

-- best comment so far on yesterday's El Salvador bitcoin post

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

i have many questions about how they composed this masterpiece. were they worried they'd spell your name wrong, so they copy pasted it? did they type this in msword first in order to get that "…" character? also do you put a space in front of punctuation or not, we just don't know, best to hedge our bets

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Lie to El Salvador
I don't know why, and I don't know what for
I've seen the blockchain for myself

Where did my bitcoins go?
I lost them all to a scammer, oh no
I'll make the wiki for myself

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I AM YELLING AT YOU TO SHOW HOW LITTLE YOUR ACTIONS MATTER….

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is true that bitcoin is not really fractional reserve, but not because 1 is not a fraction, rather because 0 is not a fraction.

Integer reserve banking.

Penisface posted:

Also, this is an important point. It is unethical to put money into the crypto ecosystem. The scammers are out in full force trying to drive the FOMO in everyone who isn't in, because they need that dumb money to keep the scam going. Don't be the dumb money.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

what if we did our best to make everything about the world as awful as possible? wouldn't that be cool? - a bitcoinman

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what if you just constantly pay a fee

wouldn't that be cool, imagine being the guy that just gets to sit there and receive the constant fee from everyone else, you'd make so much money. in this world i will surely be the one collecting the fee, not paying it

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Boxturret posted:

in this world i will surely be the one collecting the fee, not paying it

coiner.txt

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

maybe the guy is imagining something like "man i love going to the movies but if you think about it i'm paying for the whole thing but i actually leave during the credits so they should be giving me like 10 cents back!!"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
lots of governments and tech companies are looking to Black Mirror for inspiration but coiners are going for In Time deep cuts

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there's a certain kind of sociopath, i feel like they generally end up in advertising, who earnestly believes that every element of human experience can and should be commoditized

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
i own the nft of paying per minute/second so he owes me a fee every minute/second someone pays a fee per minute/second.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

maybe the guy is imagining something like "man i love going to the movies but if you think about it i'm paying for the whole thing but i actually leave during the credits so they should be giving me like 10 cents back!!"

i demand to be able to prorate my media consumption!!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Shame Boy posted:

"why pay for a whole hour when im come in two minutes?"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
good grief
https://twitter.com/molly0xfff/status/1517513230976966656

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
getting pretty desperate to hand the bag off

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

if that bagholder's gazette was placed in the mailbox itself on a non-sunday in the us, i hope they contacted usps. putting non-postage-paid items in a mailbox is a federal offense! :tipshat:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i'm noted freedom fighter xi jinping

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1517520237696012290

i'm glad they added those arrows so my eyes didn't get stuck on the enormous dips and instead went right from low number to high number

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cheese Thief posted:

might i nterest you in some cheese nft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i recently got a youtube ad for a bitcoin ira, so yeah it's definitely find new bagholder season.

it was a little crazy, apparently they just set up a wallet for you (with 3 separate keys that they manage?) and then you buy/sell bitcoins.