Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

:laffo:

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I doubt they're going to TPK. Worst case they're gonna get knocked out and lose the competition. Hopefully they can get though the case, grab the earring and GTFO. Trying to fight two clay golems in their current state is gonna be rough.

Edit: do they all even have magical weapons yet?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Now this just makes me want to see a Respect the Alpha graphic with Matt Mercer's face on it simply for trolling purposes.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'm surprised that Bell's Hells reached the artifact first. I was expecting them to outright lose and the other team would win. They absolutely cannot win a straight-up fight versus the golems, no chance of that. All they can do is try to break the case and run with the earring, and just breaking the case will be a tough challenge on its own. It's probably not going to be a party wipe, but given how many spells they've spent, and given that Fearne never, ever takes any healing spells, if anyone goes down, only maybe a potion will help them back up, and that's not a guarantee, so there could very well be a few PC deaths.

It really wasn't a great choice to not at least try to use Dispel Magic on the golems, or to do anything else against them. I also really cringed as the party continually tried reading the plaques, which meant approaching the cases and the traps. Stop getting near the obviously trapped stuff. Of course, Mercer was being tougher than usual by taking a literal words approach to what, specifically, they were investigating for traps, and if they didn't say X, it didn't get investigated.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'm surprised that Bell's Hells reached the artifact first. I was expecting them to outright lose and the other team would win. They absolutely cannot win a straight-up fight versus the golems, no chance of that. All they can do is try to break the case and run with the earring, and just breaking the case will be a tough challenge on its own. It's probably not going to be a party wipe, but given how many spells they've spent, and given that Fearne never, ever takes any healing spells, if anyone goes down, only maybe a potion will help them back up, and that's not a guarantee, so there could very well be a few PC deaths.

It really wasn't a great choice to not at least try to use Dispel Magic on the golems, or to do anything else against them. I also really cringed as the party continually tried reading the plaques, which meant approaching the cases and the traps. Stop getting near the obviously trapped stuff. Of course, Mercer was being tougher than usual by taking a literal words approach to what, specifically, they were investigating for traps, and if they didn't say X, it didn't get investigated.

I thought that last pit trap was especially bullshit. The rest were still kind of borderline, but as you said the party DID keep trying to read every plaque despite having it trigger traps several times.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

If they hadn’t read the plaques we wouldn’t have gotten the excellent descriptions and “dot dot dot,” so it comes out as a net positive.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

TotalHell posted:

If they hadn’t read the plaques we wouldn’t have gotten the excellent descriptions and “dot dot dot,” so it comes out as a net positive.

There are words but I don’t want to make something up and have it become canon and screw myself forever.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I recently finished C2 and moved on to C3 and so far (episode 8) Travis and Marisha win everything.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I heard that it's Thursday? Confirm/Deny?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Hulk Smash! posted:

I heard that it's Thursday? Confirm/Deny?
Sorry…

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

:(

Good thing I have access to the VOD then :smugdog:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Since Spelljammer is back maybe we really will make it to the moon this campaign.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

:frogsiren: c3 episode 21 on april 21 is 21 seconds away! :frogsiren:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
SAM NO!

ASHLEY, NOOOOO!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MOAR THUMB WAR

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

No Ashley :(

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Blindspot got her again :smith:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SAM NO YOU HEEL

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
I just tuned in to see Marisha and Taleisin thumb wrestling and discovered that this was somehow an add for CashApp.

Starting off with a bang tonight.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hexmage-SA posted:

I just tuned in to see Marisha and Taleisin thumb wrestling and discovered that this was somehow an add for CashApp.

Starting off with a bang tonight.

A fingerbang.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

TPK! TPK!

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Is this the first time Fearne has cast a healing spell?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Odd that they aren't having Marisha sub in as Fearne seeing as how she played a druid during campaign one.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
man poor Laudna needs to stay 100 feet away from enemies at all times, they just wallop her

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Pattonesque posted:

man poor Laudna needs to stay 100 feet away from enemies at all times, they just wallop her

She's the squishiest of squshy wizards but God(Delilah Briarwood) won't let her die

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Laudna really does act like she's unkillable

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

They're engaging in some piggyback and about to be banned from Twitch

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

They're engaging in some piggyback and about to be banned from Twitch

at least wait until they get back to Zhudannah's you know

DarklyDreaming posted:

She's the squishiest of squshy wizards but God(Delilah Briarwood) won't let her die

At least invest in Shield or something, dang!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

AngryBooch posted:

Laudna really does act like she's unkillable

Well, she is already dead. Mostly. Ish.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Marisha only rolls well when she's rolling for another character lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Matt really trying to kill them now.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Matt you beautiful devious genius

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

IIiiii KNEW IT!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol gently caress off matt

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
The Immovable Rod comes back to bite them in the rear end. That's a savage development from Matt.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

TPK by “harmless” traps.

That other party is actually all the alternate characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Can't they just break the rod-ded door down

eh knowing them it'd probably take all night