Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

gluten is real but nobody is actually intolerant or whatever. celiac and crohn's and other nonsense is just bullshit ala morgellon's disease. Millennial snowflakeisms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Lol yeah when I think of gluten free I think Ukraine.

The gluten free bread basket of Europe

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mans posted:

I don't know what you mean, they seem entirely sensible and are clear masters in pointing out flaws that totally are not projecting things that exist in the United States?

They're also extremely not bloodlusting

Just very normal people.

lmfao at defending the American police who terrorized communities for weeks

loving psycho bootlickers, they really believe no one gets hurt or disappeared or murdered as a result of protests in America

remember when Trump sent a kill squad to murk an American leftist? D&D doesn't remember.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

Thank you so much for this. I actually found out I was celiac after my leg was amputated during recovery in the hospital. It answered a huge number of health questions in my family including what contributed to my mother's death. I'm flying into Warsaw from Hong Kong via Dubai on Sunday and was actually getting really worried about finding gluten free food on the ground. It really gives me relief seeing folks like you helping us out. Also very much looking forward to a local goonmeet as I try to get a covid vaccine in Poland as a foreigner. I only have the Chinese vaccine and would love to take this opportunity to get something better. Immunocompromised still due to the many leg issues.

Anyway, thank you so very much from all of us sufferers. I was dreading the itching, blisters and swelling more than the combat zone.

Lmfao

Getting bowel-shattering Hershey squirts in the middle of a firefight because the Ukrainians can't translate "wheat protein" and just nodded their heads when you asked if the sandwich was gluten free.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
gonna go fight a war leaving trails of snot from my allergies stopping in the middle of a gunfight to use my inhaler and whining about how there’s not sugar gluten free organic whole foods seconds before I am vaporized by a three-toothed Russian artillery man who can’t read.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we should be able to sponsor some Trader Joe’s gluten free flour drops. hunger games style

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

paul_soccer12 posted:

Thank you so much for this. I actually found out I was celiac after my leg was amputated during recovery in the hospital. It answered a huge number of health questions in my family including what contributed to my mother's death. I'm flying into Warsaw from Hong Kong via Dubai on Sunday and was actually getting really worried about finding gluten free food on the ground. It really gives me relief seeing folks like you helping us out. Also very much looking forward to a local goonmeet as I try to get a covid vaccine in Poland as a foreigner. I only have the Chinese vaccine and would love to take this opportunity to get something better. Immunocompromised still due to the many leg issues.

Anyway, thank you so very much from all of us sufferers. I was dreading the itching, blisters and swelling more than the combat zone.

flying to ukraine to fill my immunocompromised lungs with fresh covid and hot lead

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

paul_soccer12 posted:

oh my god

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Fly Molo posted:

lmfao this is just tragic

this is the sort of poo poo that breaks my brain because they're not even pretending any more, they're just coming right out and saying it

You do realize that a lot of Ukrainian refugees are immediately employable and already speak English right?

I’m not saying that there isn’t a bit of white refugees good, brown ones bad but if you don’t think there’s a massive difference between a farmer from Afghanistan and Ukrainian refugee who was up until 2 months ago working for a tech company I dunno what to tell you.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
If it's a fake post it's excellent

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lmfao thats an incredible troll, props to them. please keep the bit up Mr amputee poster celiac mercenary

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

paul_soccer12 posted:

this has to be a troll. what consulate would let him join the war? he's going to tie up so many resources given his various issues that him joining the war for ukraine will be a net positive for the Russians

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

kronix posted:

You do realize that a lot of Ukrainian refugees are immediately employable and already speak English right?

I’m not saying that there isn’t a bit of white refugees good, brown ones bad but if you don’t think there’s a massive difference between a farmer from Afghanistan and Ukrainian refugee who was up until 2 months ago working for a tech company I dunno what to tell you.

Love to rank the economic productive power of refugees fleeing strife created by the country they are seeking asylum in

Eat my poo poo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

kronix posted:

hey Bozo most Syrians and Arabs can speak some level of English/French and the farmers who can’t speak them pick up the language just as quickly as a ukranian poo poo farmer would. and those from the loving middle class are also tech savvy and are purely political refugees you absolute troglodyte.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

kronix posted:

gently caress you

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Goon war tourists and their host of medical issues will surely turn the tide of this war.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kronix posted:

hmmmm

kronix posted:

Keep calling everyone you don't like a pedophile.

:thunk:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

gently caress you

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

kronix posted:

I’m not saying that there isn’t a bit of white refugees good, brown ones bad but

suck my dick racist pos

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Using CQC to break open the box to find gluten free ration floating off the ground as a disc shaped yellow parcel

kronix posted:

Those afghan farmers gotta learn to code bro

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol imagine being such a loving moron that you forg let how many Brit’s were whining about polish people not speaking English barely a decade and a half ago but now think that a Syrian refugee with the same qualifications is somehow worse as if it’s not a racial thing.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

kronix posted:

"Wtf would we do with a farmer in the United States?"

It's not racism, it's classism, ok!?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
its bullshit you cant tell posters to kill themselves

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

kronix posted:

wow! this is bad!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kronix posted:

I’m not saying that there isn’t a bit of white refugees good, brown ones bad but

lol everytime

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my bony fealty posted:

suck my dick racist pos

they’re just really concerned about the age of consent in ukraine

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

kronix posted:

squatting in a parking lot isn't a job

alternative farts
Jun 12, 2018

A lot of ukrainians are qualified to work as cops in the us.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Lol yeah when I think of gluten free I think Ukraine.

Azov Battalion guy: "no no, I said it's Juden Free"

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
weird how the most racist anticommunist psychos are always the ones going no no no it’s ephebophilia

probably no correlation there

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

alternative farts posted:

because they already have odal rune tattoos?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Not So Fast posted:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Not So Fast posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
The alien hyper advanced US technology that pummeled those dirt farmers from the sky in Afghanistan must have mystified them with their oxen carts and pottery

It would take considerable amount of time to train them up to this level, thousands of years of development ina 4 year accreditation time frame? Impossible

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

There are a bunch of papers on PLA reforms since the 91 Gulf War, but I guess people would rather believe the Human Wave myth (not that that’s what happened in Korea anyway). I don’t get it, since the Chinese are pretty eager to demonstrate their reforms, it’s easier to get a sense of their changes than the AFRF. Someone even made an operational study placing the PLA of 1991 in the position of the Coalition for Desert Storm, and then the PLA of today. I believe they released a scenario for The Operational Art of War based on their work.

You know, this was a military that still had the SKS in frontline service well into the 70’s. To go from that to fielding a modern bullpup rifle, and whole family of associated arms, in a span of iirc a decade in time for the handover of Hong Kong should really attract notice. I mean, think of just how long it took the British to develop the L85, how much trouble they had with it, issues in fielding it, and even now they’re still tinkering with the SA80. Even the intricacies of the Chinese intermediate cartridge show a lot of innovation and a drive to modernize.

I know small arms don’t amount to much, it’s more that developing a cartridge, a bullpup rifle of lightweight construction, and then equipping a million man army with it, demonstrates able planning, organization, and a overcoming a tremendous challenge for industry and logistics.

I realize that the Goon Assessment™️ of the PLA is ideological, but if you consider that at the heart of all military operations is logistics, you can’t see how The Workshop of the World is formidable?

In the past decade they built two aircraft carriers, where they had no history or experience with them whatsoever, have produced new Nuclear Attack and Ballistic Missile Submarines that are supposed to be quite good, new helicopters, new fixed wing aircraft of every sort, radars, and on and on.

In artillery, they have parallel production of 122mm and 152mm guns for domestic use and 105mm and 155mm guns for export, which can only be seen as impressive as most nations can’t build guns of any sort. They have towed, wheeled and tracked guns in production, again showing an industrial capacity nobody else has. Canada has no gun foundry, China is building like 8 different artillery systems in parallel. I don’t think they’ll be the ones relying on manpower to offset a material disadvantage.

You can’t just shrug this off and say they’ll use Human Waves, because it completely ignores the reality that the Arsenal of Democracy spent the past 40 years de industrializing and shipping all of that factory (machine?) space to China.

We don’t have locomotive factories in Montreal that can start building Valentine tanks (now LAVs) or shipyards that can lay down frigates in a crash program anymore, it’s insane to think that we’d have a material, and therefore military, advantage.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Apr 21, 2022

alternative farts
Jun 12, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

because they already have odal rune tattoos?

Yeah, and generally the whole "being nazis" thing they've got going on

alternative farts
Jun 12, 2018

Not So Fast posted:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah, and generally the whole "being nazis" thing they've got going on

they’ve already got the tattoos and white robes are cheap

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Your average Ukrainian entering the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyF_XafkUCk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Not So Fast posted: