Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Firebert posted:

Someday Bungie will learn how to balance Hunter exotics differently for pvp and pve

But today is not that day. Imagine getting to play anything other than tether…

Golden Gun with CHawk was top of the pile for a long time. There was a time Arc Staff Hunters were seen as OP. Stasis Hunters are still good.

On the other side, Warlocks were once stuck playing Well and nothing else. Titans were stuck playing Bubble and nothing else. Balance changes happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1517238974917476352?s=20&t=5lCglZJmXaKEYKDPqMQX5A

drop the biggest meta shakeup TWAB in years and then bounce for three weeks. absolutely king poo poo

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Everyone deserves a vacation. Besides we've got other CM's to bitch at.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Renewal Grasp duskfield spam hunter is at least as powerful in high-level content as the meta builds for the other two classes. It's just that void hunter is so wildly overpowered that the opportunity cost for playing Renewal Grasps is usually too high, but if void hunter was nerfed into a smoking crater tomorrow stasis hunter would still be good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If (incredibly credible) rumors are to be believed, Wrath of the Machine WAS the planned Season 18 raid but had to be scrapped due to an incurable Ball Dupe bug :negative:

Three of the four encounters could be fully and completely trivialized by getting ahold of 1x ball and endlessly throwing it until the encounter was over

The narrative direction is going to be REALLY weird in seasons 17 and 18 when the plot takes a hard swerve away from Savathun/Hive and toward SIVA and the Cosmodrome's Plaguelands and then BAM, here's a raid where you go kill Savathun's brother

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I can't think of a single change in the twab I'm not excited for. Lots of great changes. I guess maybe the titan shield nerf is a little heavy? But I tend to use rally barricade with void anyway.

I can understand it, I can overlap barricades with heart of inmost light so I was always expecting a nerf to its cooldown.
If anything, void titans seem to be rather unscathed except for that particular change so for now I am breathing a sigh of relief.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I have everything up to Beyond Light on PS, if I make the jump to PC for Witch Queen, I would likely only need to rotate back to Playstation for the old raids / campaign / getting stuff out of the kiosk, does that sound right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

^burtle posted:

I have everything up to Beyond Light on PS, if I make the jump to PC for Witch Queen, I would likely only need to rotate back to Playstation for the old raids / campaign / getting stuff out of the kiosk, does that sound right?

You wont have stasis available on PC, I believe.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can someone kindly repost that one spot for getting precision catalyst kills? Wanna finish my Outbreak. Anyone got a good lead on farming the Sunshot Catalyst? I’m having trouble setting up the sunspot kills and this catalyst is taking forever.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Has anyone actually been able to beat the Vex Mind Goblin boss this season? The toolkit on the artifact is not very conducive to it.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Bust Rodd posted:

Can someone kindly repost that one spot for getting precision catalyst kills? Wanna finish my Outbreak. Anyone got a good lead on farming the Sunshot Catalyst? I’m having trouble setting up the sunspot kills and this catalyst is taking forever.

Cant go wrong with alters of sorrow.

Also lol picturing bubble titans sitting on the gambit bank draining motes.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Majere posted:

Also lol picturing bubble titans sitting on the gambit bank draining motes.

Legit my plan. Helm of Saint-14 too just to be certain.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Has anyone actually been able to beat the Vex Mind Goblin boss this season? The toolkit on the artifact is not very conducive to it.

Mind Goblin .........................deez nuts.......................

but seriously if you mean the glassway one lean hard into stasis and rockets to kill adds while hiding in the little room, and anti barrier let's you damage him through his shield

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

Hackan Slash posted:

Mind Goblin .........................deez nuts.......................

but seriously if you mean the glassway one lean hard into stasis and rockets to kill adds while hiding in the little room, and anti barrier let's you damage him through his shield

I think witherhoard goes through his shield as well

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
2x arbalest and divinity. Minotaurs are too dangerous to entrust to Overload Rounds and Arbie, in addition to being overpowered as hell, can shoot through hydra shields and wyvern wings. Bring void classes with overload vortex grenades as a backup or stasis classes to freeze wyverns and the small hydra. Lucent finisher on your hunter.

Learn the kill order or have it on another monitor or the back of your hand or something. An unexpected minotaur or wyvern spawn coming out of nowhere is an instant trip back to orbit

Super at the first instant you sense you're in danger, and don't be afraid to sandbag to get it back before pushing a hp threshold on the hydras Don't panic.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Bust Rodd posted:

I believe it's in the Hellmouth entrance of the Hive tunnels on the moon.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bust Rodd posted:

https://youtu.be/Fgr9Ixa0dUw

ETA: Shuro Chi is the best for Sunspot and Gravlance, the thralls have like 1hp each and die really easily to the AoE

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 22, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Changes to Wavesplitter and Leviathans Breath are kinda awesome.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
For what it's worth I leveled sunshot in that spot on the moon and it was fine if not as easy as a theoretical thrallway would be (I've no idea what shuro chi is or how to get there)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

fast cars loose anus posted:

For what it's worth I leveled sunshot in that spot on the moon and it was fine if not as easy as a theoretical thrallway would be (I've no idea what shuro chi is or how to get there)

step 1: buy forsaken (or the forsaken content pack, or whatever it's called now)
step 2: load up last wish
step 3: go to the wish wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k97kwG--7Y

step 4: punch this poo poo in (don't use an explosive payload gun, it'll mess it up). to minimize how tedious this is use the biggest mag primary you have because you will be reloading a LOT. the pictures will not change any faster than about once a second.

step 5: stand in the circle and warp whistle to the encounter
step 6: open da door and shoot da thralls!!

she'll spawn waves until "Shuro Chi's Song" hits the 2:30 mark. you'll get ~65 kills per run but i've gotten over 80 when grinding catas for stuff like prospector and colony. speaking of which this is also good for grinding heavy catalysts in particular bc you can rally for ammo before each run. when you run out of adds just kill yourself (stand on one of the plates near the boss or jump off an edge)

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

With some mildly irritating platforming, you can backtrack to the secret chest for no-questions-asked raid loot! The only things you can't get are the curated rolls, 1kV, and ship/sparrow/shell. One chest per weekly reset per character!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAkGzeCFFmg

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 22, 2022

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Does anyone have any advice on this loving god awful Perfect Fifth Kills part of the Polaris Lance catalyst. I know you have to get the kills with the burn damage and not the actual explosion but what’s a good place to do it, most guides online recommend a lost sector on Mercury which, lol, welp

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm quite excited about whatever the fusion rifle buffing warlock exotic is gonna be

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

The door to VoG worked well for me. The goblins spawn endlessly and can survive the explosion but die to the burn.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The Stompees nerf is garbage. There’s no other hunter exotic that gives you increased movement and a longer slide. Dragon shadow technically does but you are giving up your dodge. :smith:

Evilgm
Dec 31, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

Does anyone have any advice on this loving god awful Perfect Fifth Kills part of the Polaris Lance catalyst. I know you have to get the kills with the burn damage and not the actual explosion but what’s a good place to do it, most guides online recommend a lost sector on Mercury which, lol, welp

I did it in the Cosmodrome, where the infinite Walkers drop in on new players. I would charge up by shooting the walker and then fire the explosive shot into the ground near some dregs. Wasn't super fast, but it was easy and consistent.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

FlapYoJacks posted:

The Stompees nerf is garbage. There’s no other hunter exotic that gives you increased movement and a longer slide. Dragon shadow technically does but you are giving up your dodge. :smith:

:bisonyes:

Go on

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

A good way used to be shadow thrall in one of the ascendant challenges, chill in a, tree four shots on random goblin or whatever the fifth into a pack of thrall, repeat ad nauseum.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

If Stompees buffed air accuracy, there would be nearly no other exotic that could offer anything close to it. It's usage rates are already astronomical and there isn't much of a way to nerf it without killing the exotic itself. Be happy Stompees got nerfed, without actually nerfing stompees.

Besides there are legitimate options now. Foetracer is going to be a legitimately interesting PVP exotic.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 22, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stompees is now a tradeoff. You can have everything it does, which is unchanged, or you can have the new air accuracy stuff

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Stompies getting owned is cool and good

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Cool, thanks!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

If Stompees buffed air accuracy, there would be nearly no other exotic that could offer anything close to it. It's usage rates are already astronomical and there isn't much of a way to nerf it without killing the exotic itself. Be happy Stompees got nerfed, without actually nerfing stompees.

Besides there are legitimate options now. Foetracer is going to be a legitimately interesting PVP exotic.

-50 is crazy though. Bungie couldn’t find a way to nerf Stompees so they made a whole new stat, added it to every gun in the game, and slammed the door on its face as it tried to walk in lmao.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If you can actually aim it's a moot point anyway. It's also not like literally every battle you're in the air.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBX posted:

If you can actually aim

hunters are not used to encountering skill issues like this

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Kith posted:

hunters are not used to encountering skill issues like this
:emptyquote:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Stompees will still be great even in the air, maybe even better. No more RNG bullet whiffs in exchange for less aim assist? That's a good trade

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Stompees will still be great even in the air, maybe even better. No more RNG bullet whiffs in exchange for less aim assist? That's a good trade

You're correct. It's the sizable number of players are console or controller bound that might be mildly upset they have to suddenly aim.

They'll get over it, I say, as I dust my gaming mouse lit up with more LEDs than a Christmas tree.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Can someone give me an idiot's guide to the difference between accuracy and aim assist?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Junkenstein posted:

Can someone give me an idiot's guide to the difference between accuracy and aim assist?

Imagine two cones widening out of your gun. One cone is longer and more narrow, and the other is shorter but wider. The longer cone is your accuracy cone; all the bullets you fire will be within the spread of this cone. The shorter cone is your aim assist. If an enemy is within your aim assist cone then the bullets will curve to try and hit that enemy. If you repeatedly fire the aim assist cone narrows while the accuracy cone widens, meaning you get more aim assist on initial shots and your accuracy gets worse the more you fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

DancingShade posted:

You're correct. It's the sizable number of players are console or controller bound that might be mildly upset they have to suddenly aim.
Speaking of which have any other console players noticed aim assist / targetting feels worse since the last patch? Specifically with hand cannons, but I was trying to use syncopation53 in competitive last night and it just would not hit for poo poo.