Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you find a cool item laying on the ground or leaning up against a wall, those respawn every blood moon, so mark the map with ones you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Golux posted:

Once you get off the plateau, you probably won't have any trouble with it between taking stuff from enemies you beat and finding set locations for certain good items (mark them on your map so you don't forget and can go back!). On the plateau at the beginning, I think enemies don't respawn and I'm not sure if items do, but there's still plenty of stuff to handle the threats if you look around though you might have to bomb or use the hidden bomb arrows if you want to take out the one Talus.

This advice never stops being funny after Eldong Ring.

Play the game and then you will potentially enjoy it.

It's right there. The designers want you to have fun. It may take a minute.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can you actually gently caress around on the plateau enough to cause a blood moon before you get down?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

The Bloop posted:

Can you actually gently caress around on the plateau enough to cause a blood moon before you get down?

Blood moons are on a timer, iirc, so you could just chill for an ungodly amount of time.

They also forcibly pop if too much stuff has been messed with to keep file sizes manageable, but I don't think there's enough stuff on the plateau to hit that limit.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The reason I asked that question was that a bit back I saw this... semi-popular? illustrated idea for a Zelda-starring game, in a series of Tumblr images. I'll link the first one, the rest shouldn't be hard to find with the info of the name.

and apparently some people had a problem with the whole idea because it 'turned Zelda into Link' (this is second-hand, I didn't see anyone complaining, just someone commenting on the complaining). The guy commenting on the complaining said that we should be able to have it both ways-"we do need a Magical Princess Zelda who saves the world with her magical princess powers. We also need a Zelda who saves the world by picking up a sword and stabbing evil in the face." and I wanted to see if people had any preference one way or the other.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Now I want a LoZ opera by Mozart.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I am firmly and completely 100% in the “female characters should do their own thing and not be mirrored/gender-swapped versions of existing characters” camp. I want to play a game as Zelda, the magical wizard-princess//master of stealth and sheikah magic that Nintendo has been developing and curating for 20 years. Zelda as “LONK” just sucks. We already have LONK… his name is Link.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The Bloop posted:

no. they don't happen until you get off.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Amppelix posted:

no. they don't happen until you get off.

I'm curious if you simply stayed on the plateau for a long enough time if a blood moon would be forced - probably not since there isn't as much stuff up there. I remember years ago someone found a guy who had spent over 200 hours on the plateau alone before he left it.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
The world is essentially paused while on the Great Plateau. I don't think it'll even rain

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

until you activate the towers and shrines, even the time of day won't progress!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I am firmly and completely 100% in the “female characters should do their own thing and not be mirrored/gender-swapped versions of existing characters” camp. I want to play a game as Zelda, the magical wizard-princess//master of stealth and sheikah magic that Nintendo has been developing and curating for 20 years. Zelda as “LONK” just sucks. We already have LONK… his name is Link.

same, why would you waste a perfect opportunity to introduce a completely new play style to the series?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

And we've already got Linkle as a gender-swapped Link.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Linkle is an agile crossbow wielding whirlwind of death though. She isn't like Link other than aesthetics.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Zelda is smart and Link is pretty stupid, I’d like a Zelda focused game to be puzzle heavy

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

lol I haven't thought about this dude in years, ever since Mary Cagle drew a cartoon making fun of him for drawing his main character naked.

Winifred Madgers posted:

same, why would you waste a perfect opportunity to introduce a completely new play style to the series?

I dunno I could see Nintendo wanting to keep the same Zelda formula for mainline games and leave the playstyle changes to side games like Phantom Hourglass or Age of Calamity. I guess the counter to that would be that Breath of the Wild is a main game that deviated pretty strongly from the Zelda formula, though, even if it is very close to Zelda 1.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Give a Zelda game a hero select screen like Mario 2. Done

Doki Doki Hyrule

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Bloop posted:

Give a Zelda game a hero select screen like Mario 2. Done

Doki Doki Hyrule

It's weird the princess can float now and Link is like, good at picking up pots really fast?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

This advice never stops being funny after Eldong Ring.

Play the game and then you will potentially enjoy it.

It's right there. The designers want you to have fun. It may take a minute.

What are you even talking about BoTW is fun from moment one.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

I dunno I could see Nintendo wanting to keep the same Zelda formula for mainline games and leave the playstyle changes to side games like Phantom Hourglass or Age of Calamity. I guess the counter to that would be that Breath of the Wild is a main game that deviated pretty strongly from the Zelda formula, though, even if it is very close to Zelda 1.

Phantom Hourglass is also a mainline game

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It's weird the princess can float now and Link is like, good at picking up pots really fast?

I want a Midna that bicycles through the air super high.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bust Rodd posted:

I am all for this, as long as they don't go the Super Princess Peach route and give the lady character powers that are all based on her mood swings. Because that's just gross and sexist.

Zelda having Sheikah Slate Powers and magic and maybe a rapier like she has in HyWar? Totally fine. Maybe also make her more puzzle focused, because she's Wisdom.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

lol I haven't thought about this dude in years, ever since Mary Cagle drew a cartoon making fun of him for drawing his main character naked.

The author goes by she/they nowadays.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, people's opinions on Arryn Diaz shifted pretty quick once she made it clear that she was actually fetishizing giant naked cyborg women because she wants to be one. That's a much more sympathetic motivation!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Just put Zelda in a giant slow indestructible suit of armor like when she was playable in Spirit Tracks, bam, gameplay problem solved

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Asterite34 posted:

Just put Zelda in a giant slow indestructible suit of armor like when she was playable in Spirit Tracks, bam, gameplay problem solved

Huh, my Zelda x Bobbie Draper fanfic just got quite the boost.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

External Organs posted:

Huh, my Zelda x Bobbie Draper fanfic just got quite the boost.

But Metroid exists.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

What are you even talking about BoTW is fun from moment one.

:hmmyes:

The second I got that wide shot of the world after coming out of the shrine of resurrection I knew I had made the right choice

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I had an apple in my inventory and I gave it to my horse.

Amazing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That’s how you get “trust” fast. Feed a horse ten apples or so and it’ll max out in seconds.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

WaltherFeng posted:

I had an apple in my inventory and I gave it to my horse.

Amazing.

You can feed meat to dogs too!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Runcible Cat posted:

You can feed meat to dogs too!

You can’t pet them though :eng99:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I finally started farming a few things in Age of Calamity - up till this point I've been doing well being able to get all of the side quests and things in before progressing the major story missions, but now some supplies are more often coming up a little short. In the course of that I realized I was getting some lower-tier weapons again, which is good. I consumed the ones I had earlier, but eventually I want to end up with a lv. 30 soup ladle. Ever since I noticed Link's getup is reflected in at least most of the cut scenes.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Thinking about it a little more, it's the complete polar opposite of the way I played the original Hyrule Warriors. I blew through the story mode in that and hardly went back after I played the adventure maps, but in this one I'm slow-walking the story mode because I guess I don't want it to end.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The cutscenes in Age of Calamity are very good, and also cool

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

https://twitter.com/autogiraffe/status/1517324151408627712?s=21&t=HZvyQ3iwCsKAgBit85kCRw

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Okay now we need her to fight a naked link with a pot on his head.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

External Organs posted:

Okay now we need her to fight a naked link with a pot on his head.

Closest I can think is the Flamebreaker helm (unless there's a literal pot as a hat I'm forgetting) and a pot lid shield

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

jisforjosh posted:

Closest I can think is the Flamebreaker helm (unless there's a literal pot as a hat I'm forgetting) and a pot lid shield

The ancient helm. All the ancient tech is inspired by prehistoric pottery so that helmet is technically an upside down pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Let Me Excuse Her