Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

rodbeard posted:

For anyone not aware of the drama, the guy who wrote 5th edition is mad that goons pointed out that the guy he had playtest the game is a rapist and abuser.

are we talking about the guy who poo poo his pants in public?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Carthag Tuek posted:

are we talking about the guy who poo poo his pants in public?

You are going to have to be more specific

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

usually one of those "Yakub created the devil whitey" types though not always.

That particular thing is from Nation of Islam, though I'm sure other people picked it up

I'm agnostic and a registered honkey but if the remains of an ancient bioengineering lab were ever to be found on the island of Patmos, I would not be surprised in the slightest

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The person who created honkies will get a stern talking to if I ever get hold of them

Seems cruel and unnecessary.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think i would, on balance, be quite surprised

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There's also the bit about the jews from the bible were black and modern jews are honkies that replaced them with demon magic (so they could control the media and banks), in case you were worried there was a brand of crazy that didn't have weird antisemitism in it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Which is the one with the weird compound in georgia with pyramids and poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Anime Liker posted:

There's also the bit about the jews from the bible were black and modern jews are honkies that replaced them with demon magic (so they could control the media and banks), in case you were worried there was a brand of crazy that didn't have weird antisemitism in it.

Wasn't this a subplot in a jrpg?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

You're going to have to be more specific because we've got Seventh Day Adventists, Nation of Islam, like 10 UFO cults, Scientology, the child bride cult that killed River Phoenix, etc.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

The Anime Liker posted:

You're going to have to be more specific because we've got Seventh Day Adventists, Nation of Islam, like 10 UFO cults, Scientology, the child bride cult that killed River Phoenix, etc.
I know next to nothing about the Seventh Day Adventists, but they will always have a sweet spot in my heart because when I was in middle school I found one of their websites online and it had a "modern" retelling of the War in Heaven that was extremely :krad:

I remember in particular how it devoted a ton of screentime to loyalist and traitor angels dueling with flaming swords, which they activated like lightsabers and would occasionally throw spinning at each other. I think at one point the four Evangelists appeared in their animal forms and kicked rear end as well.

Because of that, I choose to believe that 7DA worship services consist entirely of praising the Lord as "the raddest dude" while doing sick skateboard flips and trading the coolest Korn bootlegs.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

NihilCredo posted:

I know next to nothing about the Seventh Day Adventists, but they will always have a sweet spot in my heart because when I was in middle school I found one of their websites online and it had a "modern" retelling of the War in Heaven that was extremely :krad:

I remember in particular how it devoted a ton of screentime to loyalist and traitor angels dueling with flaming swords, which they activated like lightsabers and would occasionally throw spinning at each other. I think at one point the four Evangelists appeared in their animal forms and kicked rear end as well.

Because of that, I choose to believe that 7DA worship services consist entirely of praising the Lord as "the raddest dude" while doing sick skateboard flips and trading the coolest Korn bootlegs.

It's just extreme hatred of the gays with vegetarianism as a cornerstone, unfortunately.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

The Anime Liker posted:

It's just extreme hatred of the gays with vegetarianism as a cornerstone, unfortunately.

Also they have a weird loving thing about not wearing black except on Saturdays. Guy I know is one of them and will talk at length about how when asked to wear black he'll wear midnight blue. He's also a weird dude who I'm pretty sure is quite far on the spectrum but undiagnosed (whether because boomer or grew up in the church who knows), which is presumably why he just likes to volunteer random information (I certainly wasn't like 'HEY DUDE THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE BLACK CLOTHING WHAT'S THE DEAL'). But yeah it always struck me as really odd that wearing black is forbidden for 7DA. I'm sure I could educate myself as to why they think it's a problem but y'know what, I just don't care.

SyNack Sassimov has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Apr 22, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:qq: My girlfriend just broke up with me :qq:

Todd Tuckey posted:

SYKE!!!!!!!

Owned by the O.B.B.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Bonus:

Squallege posted:

That's the OBB.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Most cults are basically some slightly more interesting ad copy laid over what's just everything already lovely and tedious about organised religion but worse. More boring indoctrination, more giving all your money and doing chores for creepy old dudes, more long lists of fun things you're not allowed to do, more child molestation.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If your cult isn't handing out Nikes is it even worth joining?

e: lmao the Nike Decades are now going for $6600

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Apr 22, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Anime Liker posted:

If your cult isn't handing out Nikes is it even worth joining?

What if they have really good kool flavor aid?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Solid tinder pic

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nuwaubian Nation. they were a bunch of things, but a lot of the ideas were 5% Nation.

membership kind of died down since the founder was convicted of molesting children and other poo poo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

timber pic

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Also they have a weird loving thing about not wearing black except on Saturdays. Guy I know is one of them and will talk at length about how when asked to wear black he'll wear midnight blue. He's also a weird dude who I'm pretty sure is quite far on the spectrum but undiagnosed (whether because boomer or grew up in the church who knows), which is presumably why he just likes to volunteer random information (I certainly wasn't like 'HEY DUDE THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE BLACK CLOTHING WHAT'S THE DEAL'). But yeah it always struck me as really odd that wearing black is forbidden for 7DA. I'm sure I could educate myself as to why they think it's a problem but y'know what, I just don't care.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx8-mysJG2s

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

rodbeard posted:

For anyone not aware of the drama, the guy who wrote 5th edition is mad that goons pointed out that the guy he had playtest the game is a rapist and abuser.

Hold up, that is creature supposed to be an insult? I thought it was a homage.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
If anyone would ask me to explain why I'm in conniptions over this 911 post I would have no words to offer

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

three memories

my gf at the time trying to wake me up

can't wake up

my next gf trying to show me some show about firefighters feat nic cage

won't wake up

save me

laura bush's pilled out dead eyes

yakkety sax

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Outrail posted:

Hold up, that is creature supposed to be an insult? I thought it was a homage.

It's an homage and "lol it's a goon that farts." It doesn't have anything I can see to do with the sex pest stuff.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
"Honkeys" are clown-folk right?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
'Persons of Honkness' is their preferred term, 'honkeys' is a clown slur

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gonna make that clussy honk

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

People of Humour

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

'Persons of Honkness' is their preferred term, 'honkeys' is a clown slur

Thanks for the correction. I would not want to offend our clown-folk friends.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
lotta fake rear end clowns these days... just regular people dressed as clowns. frankly hosed up we still allow it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
paging boba pearl to the thread

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

lotta fake rear end clowns these days... just regular people dressed as clowns. frankly hosed up we still allow it

Stop trying to gatekeep clownness, its not up to you to decide who is clown enough.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Gonna make that clussy honk

I'd take umbrage with the word clussy, but the last time I said anything about -ussy words,

<-- happened.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SiKboy posted:

Stop trying to gatekeep clownness, its not up to you to decide who is clown enough down with the clown.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Karate Bastard posted:

If anyone would ask me to explain why I'm in conniptions over this 911 post I would have no words to offer

I was asleep when 911 happened. My gf called me and said you need to turn on the tv now.

I was like naw.

The tv was full 9/11 all day when I crawled out of bed. I was working for Charles Schwab at the time, I got a pass because they were mourning their enemies but trying to do it with grace.

And I was riffing that song "can't wake up" very poorly.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Stop trying to gatekeep clownness, its not up to you to decide who is clown enough.

You're doing a disservice to actual clowns.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

pentyne posted:

You're doing a disservice to actual clowns.

Clowning is a big tent, and a tiny car. In either case theres plenty of room for many types of clown.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I was asleep when 911 happened. My gf called me and said you need to turn on the tv now.

I was like naw.

The tv was full 9/11 all day when I crawled out of bed. I was working for Charles Schwab at the time, I got a pass because they were mourning their enemies but trying to do it with grace.

And I was riffing that song "can't wake up" very poorly.

Yes, indeed, and then, for some reason, yakkity sax.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Karate Bastard posted:

Yes, indeed, and then, for some reason, yakkity sax.

Which is the most famous goon quote. So question mark.

I didn't find it funny but it's what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Phy posted:

That particular thing is from Nation of Islam, though I'm sure other people picked it up

I'm agnostic and a registered honkey but if the remains of an ancient bioengineering lab were ever to be found on the island of Patmos, I would not be surprised in the slightest

So Yakub is essentially Black Xenu?